Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Paterno to retire after this season

1. -71
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Joe didn't cover up ****. He reported the ****ing rapes to the AD and he along with another administrator, and the schools president covered it up. The police on campus were informed, but they did nothing either. Yes Joe should have done more and followed up with it, but he LEGALLY did what he was supposed to do. Every ****ing media clown are concentrating on the wrong people in all of this. It has been Joe this and Joe that over the past few days. What about Sandusky? Why the hell is the media not parked outside his house? What about the parents of the victims? Why are some just now coming out and informing the police? Everyone is focusing on the WRONG person. That is the problem with the whole damn situation.

Joe Paterno is Penn State, and it goes way beyond his accomplishments on the field. What he has done for the school and the state of Pennsylvania for 46 years gets thrown out the window because a former coach was a child predator the AD failed to do anything with what Joe reported to him. That is why this is a damn shame. I am pissed right now, as is all of Penn State. Please don't try and lecture me on this, because you are not from here and do not know what Joe means to everyone. He didn't deserve to be fired this close to the end of the season. He deserved to be able to retire at the end of the year and have his last home game this weekend.
    Just because you're not seeing the media, etc., outside of Sandusky's house doesn't mean that they're not there. I feel bad for Joe but Joe brought this on himself.

He knew what happened. He may have said what he said to the AD but then Joe seen Sandusky back on campus knowing what took place.

Isn't that odd? Wouldn't that strike you as odd? Some neighbor of yours reportedly rapes a kid and the next day you see him outside checking his mail.

"Hey neighbor!"

2. -72
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    riot is the least of your concerns, penn state should be removed all together from football. This is the most disgusting thing i have ever heard and makes the hole ncaa look bad.
    That is the problem, this has nothing to do with the football program. It is like saying Virginia Tech should ban football because of the school shooting a few years back. This was an administration problem, not a football program problem.

3. -73
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Honestly never cared one way or the other about Penn State and really dont care about our mess anymore. I think most Canes fans generally feel the same way. I just think its sad that an entire organization combined to enable a child molester. No doubt there were about 3 people at least involved more than JoePa, but at the end of the day, his hands are far from clean and he got what was coming IMO.
    Our situation was blown out of proportion from the get-go just because it's the bad boy Miami Hurricanes and people want the Miami Hurricanes to suffer. When all of this is said and done with the Miami program, it's not going to be near as bad as everyone thinks it will be because there's so much he said she said going around. And Miami self-reported all of this last year.

Joe built a solid reputation over all of these years and it took him all of five minutes to destroy it by not doing more about his friend, Slambuttsky pounding out little boys on campus.

4. -74
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Has Daniel Tosh cracked any jokes about it yet?

Something tells me only Penn St. fans or people from Pennsylvania should be offended if he does...

5. -75
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Joe didn't cover up ****. He reported the ****ing rapes to the AD and he along with another administrator, and the schools president covered it up. The police on campus were informed, but they did nothing either. Yes Joe should have done more and followed up with it, but he LEGALLY did what he was supposed to do. Every ****ing media clown are concentrating on the wrong people in all of this. It has been Joe this and Joe that over the past few days. What about Sandusky? Why the hell is the media not parked outside his house? What about the parents of the victims? Why are some just now coming out and informing the police? Everyone is focusing on the WRONG person. That is the problem with the whole damn situation.

Joe Paterno is Penn State, and it goes way beyond his accomplishments on the field. What he has done for the school and the state of Pennsylvania for 46 years gets thrown out the window because a former coach was a child predator the AD failed to do anything with what Joe reported to him. That is why this is a damn shame. I am pissed right now, as is all of Penn State. Please don't try and lecture me on this, because you are not from here and do not know what Joe means to everyone. He didn't deserve to be fired this close to the end of the season. He deserved to be able to retire at the end of the year and have his last home game this weekend.
    I totally agree that others were MORE responsible. The AD and VP deserve every second of jail time they get. I just cant get on the "Joe got a raw deal" bandwagon. You even admit that he did not do everything he should have. Not doing everything you should do to stop a crime of that magnitude is awful no matter how you slice it. Im sure he has done good for PA in his years as HC, but he woke up every day for 10 years and made the same mistake every day. Thats not something to just blow off. I think its crazy that some people are acting like Paterno got a raw deal when you stop and consider the hand the kids were dealt that Paterno could have very well stopped if he had taken more initiative that the bare minimum. You said yourself, JoePa IS PSU. Thats why he is he one catching flack.

6. -76
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That is the problem, this has nothing to do with the football program. It is like saying Virginia Tech should ban football because of the school shooting a few years back. This was an administration problem, not a football program problem.
    Da ****?

Not much you can do about a shooting on ONE day of ONE morning as opposed to butt raping little kids for a decade when people knew about it.

7. -77
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGsharp View Post
    It's not about being a Canes fan. I'm one, but I feel sympathetic towards Paterno.

Could he have done more? Yes. But he is being made to look MUCH worse than what he should, all because a scumbag of a person, and horrible/unethical school officials who didn't act upon it when PATERNO informed them. We also are not aware of the office politics involved when it comes to why Paterno did not do more. Bottom line, he didn't do anything illegal, he reported it, and he was going to bow down with some grace at the end of the year. You DON'T fire an 84 year old man with the legacy he has left, after the things I just stated, and not even tell him face to face. It's sad.
    You seem to be one of the few in this thread that gets it. Nice to see not everyone is crazy in regards to this matter.

8. -78
    As good as any but better than most

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im sorry, but when you throw kiddie rape into the mix, office politics are totally irrelevant. That crime is seriously about a quarter notch below murder.
    I'd put it above murder actually. It's atrocious. But I still think Paterno should have not been allowed to coach another season and retire this year. Either way, it's a horrible situation and I can't really blame anyone for their opinions. What bothers me the most are the school administrators who chose to cover it up after being informed by Paterno. Penn State is looking pretty bad right now and if it had happened to UM, where I'm a student right now, I would feel hurt as well, and I can't really blame anyone for defending their school at this point. Not defending the people involved, but defending your school spirit.

9. -79
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Has Daniel Tosh cracked any jokes about it yet?

Something tells me only Penn St. fans or people from Pennsylvania should be offended if he does...

Twitter

danieltosh daniel tosh
    if you feel bad for joe paterno it's because you are an awful person.

* different joe paterno, college buddy of mine. sorry for the confusion. winky face.

10. -80
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Come on man. The FACT of the matter is, at a bare minimum, Paterno did nothing but the bare minimum to stop a child molester. Thats the bare minimum. Because they fired him, you hope they damage the school? Thats nuts. There literally has not been one person post in either thread about his that thought JoePa should keep his job other than the one Penn State fan. Think about it. You think you MAY be looking at this with PSU glasses? You also posted about getting Urban Meyer which tells me all I need to know about the objectivity level here. **** Paterno. Maybe now he can think about the kids he allowed to suffer. He got off easy too...he only lost his job. Id say the victims of the rapes had it worse than he does.

As far as me only saying this because I want the Canes scandal out the spotlight...guess what? Nobody even cares about it anymore. Its old news. We will get hit with some scholarship losses, lose a bowl game or two and that'll be that. You were the one posting repeatedly that the death penalty was on the table for us which we explained was totally false and you kept saying it. You acted like UM had covered up raping children or something. Talk about not being objective. Now PSU gets in trouble and you think there should be no fallout and its all media, when PSU did something that was even worse than UM did. I dont care about our scandal anymore. I just think its bull**** that Paterno sat and allowed children to be hurt.
    It is pretty ridiculous watching Nublar post now that the shoe is on the other foot. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Cmon Nublar, it's not just mere coincidence that everybody on this board is ripping Paterno except for you, the only Penn State fan here. And saying you hope students vandalize the school? Cmon man. Paterno admitted himself that this is the greatest sorrow of his life and that he wishes he had done more about this. Even he acknowledges he was wrong, but you can't...