Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    only 33 for me. lvl 22, what you rolling?
    Level 28. I've been spending a lot of time getting my smithing up. Got all my armor and weapons to (epic) levels.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Level 24 now. Anyone understand enchanting yet?
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    Level 24 now. Anyone understand enchanting yet?
    You first have to disenchant an item to learn that enchantment, in doing so you'll destroy the item. So if you disenchant a weapon with 5+ fire damage, it'll destroy the weapon, & now you'll be able to enchant fire damage on your weapons. Disenchanting something with 5+ fire damage & 50+ fire damage makes no difference.. you still learn to enchant fire damage.. so disenchant your lesser valued items if possible..

To actually enchant the item once you know the enchant, you have to fill a soul gem with a soul. Buy the spell "soul-trap", and get some empty soul gems.. you absorb the soul by casting soul-trap, and killing the beast within like 60 seconds or something. Depending on the type of beast you kill, you'll get a smaller or bigger soul gem.. harder beasts' like Mammoths give you Grand Souls, while killing a rat might net you a petty soul.. Grand Souls are the biggest and give the best enchantments.. Greater is a little worse than Grand.. Common a little worse than Greater.. etc..

Now once you actually enchant a weapon, it'll have a certain amount of uses before it needs to be refilled (the amount of uses also depends on how big a soul gem you enchanted it with in the first place, bigger the soul the more uses). You recharge the weapons by using other filled soul gems on them. The bigger the soul gem the more it gets recharged.

Go visit the Shrine of Azura.. do that quest line and you get a refill-able grand soul gem, so you don't have to keep finding/buying soul gems.. That quest has two possible outcomes though, one possibility is you get Azura's star.. which captures the souls of monsters/beasts etc.. and the other is the Black star.. which captures the souls of humanoids(which you normally can't do without either The Black Star, or Black Soul gems).. I believe all humanoid souls are grand souls

Wasn't sure how much of the process you were actually familiar with so I went over the whole shabangabang.

----
    What class/archetype are you guys rolling though? Like I'm rolling stealth Khajiit.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Level 33 now. I think today I'm going to go ahead and kill Alduin.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Danish Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denmark
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh no worst thing happened to me! My save game crashed when it got around 9 MB (PS3)

Damn. I hope they gonna fix it soon!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pretty sure Rogue Mage is the most badass character type in this game. That's what I've been rolling with, and my light armor skill is complete *** because nothing can come close enough to hit me. Just sneak, use my dual daggers to deal 30x damage, or bow to deal 3x damage if I can't get that close. And if that doesn't work, just own them with destruction magic, or summon an atronach, bound dual swords, and own everything in sight if there's several enemies on me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have only started playing the game and am on level four. I can already tell that this game is going to be much better than the last one.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WeVie View Post
    I have only started playing the game and am on level four. I can already tell that this game is going to be much better than the last one.
    Oblivion was great but quite overrated if you ask me. Morrowind and Daggerfall were better, and Skyrim is the best of the series imo.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have never really been into games like these played oblivion but couldnt get into, I did play fallout 3 which is sorta similiar but I seriously love skyrim so ****ing fun I am level 18 right now
    Quote Quote