Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

1. -71
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Immediately abandon the main quest and start 'splorin. The dragons don't show up until you give the dragonstone to the wizard in Whiterun, so it makes exploring way easier and less annoying, but you can't use shouts. I don't use them much anyway, though.
    I use the FUS RO DAH like mad.

Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Buy a house as soon as you can afford it if you haven't already.

Jcane is right about the smithing/enchanting, but don't you think throwing that many points in speachcraft takes away from your character's combat ability potential? I mean, yes it's nice that the merchants have another 1k gold, but it's not like I ever had money problems. I had like 300k gold and rather than keep selling all my crap I just started using my whiterun house as a storage space after I'd bought a few of the other bigger houses. You only get 80 skill points, I'd personally rather throw them into something combat related.

As for alchemy, how I did it was I'd wait until I had collected and stored a pretty sizable chunk of ingredients, than I'd slap on a +alchemy set I'd enchanted and stored next to my alchemy table and crank out some potions in bulk. Now, if you just go around picking ingredients yourself, this is going to take forever and a day, so what I did was every alchemy shop I went in, I bought all the cheap ingredients that were under 25g. At first you might be hemorrhaging a little money but once your alchemy starts getting higher and your +alchemy enchants get a little better this practice turns into a serious money maker.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

I couldn't do that I abuse my shouts, lol. Dragons aren't too bad once you progress in the game a little bit.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Man I feel like playing now
    Buying a house as soon as possible is a great recommendation.

Spending some perk points in speechcraft doesn't really take away from your character's overall combat ability if you plan your spending way ahead of time. Even on Master level, my Redguard is virtually unstoppable.

I went the two-handed and heavy armor route. I went all the way to the top perks in both. I use a warhammer as my primary weapon. Thing deals 630+ damage with two enchantments. Armor rating is over 1300. My restoration ability is very respectable.

I pretty much focused on getting the right perks in two-handed, heavy armor, enchanting and alchemy in order to walk around and worry about nothing. I can punch a giant to death in a matter of seconds if I want lol.

I use alchemy to create ridiculous potions to help me craft and enchant better weapons and armor. Then the two-handed and heavy armor perks take over from there.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Buy a house as soon as you can afford it if you haven't already.

Jcane is right about the smithing/enchanting, but don't you think throwing that many points in speachcraft takes away from your character's combat ability potential? I mean, yes it's nice that the merchants have another 1k gold, but it's not like I ever had money problems. I had like 300k gold and rather than keep selling all my crap I just started using my whiterun house as a storage space after I'd bought a few of the other bigger houses. You only get 80 skill points, I'd personally rather throw them into something combat related.

As for alchemy, how I did it was I'd wait until I had collected and stored a pretty sizable chunk of ingredients, than I'd slap on a +alchemy set I'd enchanted and stored next to my alchemy table and crank out some potions in bulk. Now, if you just go around picking ingredients yourself, this is going to take forever and a day, so what I did was every alchemy shop I went in, I bought all the cheap ingredients that were under 25g. At first you might be hemorrhaging a little money but once your alchemy starts getting higher and your +alchemy enchants get a little better this practice turns into a serious money maker.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

I couldn't do that I abuse my shouts, lol. Dragons aren't too bad once you progress in the game a little bit.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Man I feel like playing now
    The only one I use a lot is Dragonrend. The dragons aren't really hard, just annoying after a while.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    The only one I use a lot is Dragonrend. The dragons aren't really hard, just annoying after a while.
    FUS RO DAH is amazing.

If I had the PC version like you guys I'd be creating 500 of **** on the edge of a cliff.

Tossing 50000 cheese wheels down a mountain and everything.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't wait to become a vampire lord and get dragonbone weapons.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've owned this game since last November and haven't played it yet
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I finally finished Oblivion a few months ago. I'd had that game for years. I've been playing Skyrim pretty steady since then.

I'm just roaming and looking for caves. I've got to be careful it's very easy to lose track of time and get totally sucked into that game.

I started a few different guys. I find the game is MUCH easier if you keep it simple and use two handed weapons. I wasn't even going to use a bow, but I need it for Giants and those robot things that attack with steam. It will take me years to finish this game. The music is a trip.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdrover View Post
    I finally finished Oblivion a few months ago. I'd had that game for years. I've been playing Skyrim pretty steady since then.

I'm just roaming and looking for caves. I've got to be careful it's very easy to lose track of time and get totally sucked into that game.

I started a few different guys. I find the game is MUCH easier if you keep it simple and use two handed weapons. I wasn't even going to use a bow, but I need it for Giants and those robot things that attack with steam. It will take me years to finish this game. The music is a trip.
    Dual wielding FTW.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Was I the only one slightly let down by the look of the dragonbone/scale armour?

A world of dew,
    and within every dewdrop
    a world of struggle.

Quote Quote  

10. -80
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, it looks like PS3 users are SOL for Hearthfire as well. Good job, Bethesda.
    Quote Quote