Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Joe Paterno and Mike McQueary could be charged in Federal court.

1. -1
    Hockey Enthusiast

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hamilton, New Zealand
    Thanks / No Thanks

Suggestion Joe Paterno and Mike McQueary could be charged in Federal court.

Under Title 18 Part 1 Chapter 1 Section 4 of the United States Code, Joe Paterno can he charged in Federal court for failing to reveal to "Civil or Military Authorities" the crime.

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
    I've Bolded the Key phrase of the law which applies and could lead to federal charges should they pursue them.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They won't charge an 84 year old JoePa with a felony. Maybe the other guy, or even the AD, but I can't see them doing it to him.

It's like getting one of those old senile mafia bosses in a RICO case. What's the point? He'll probably be dead in 6 months anyway.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    They won't charge an 84 year old JoePa with a felony. Maybe the other guy, or even the AD, but I can't see them doing it to him.

It's like getting one of those old senile mafia bosses in a RICO case. What's the point? He'll probably be dead in 6 months anyway.
    This will definately, literally kill Paterno. You see it all the time when these guys who work their whole lives finally stop doing what they do. They retire and die shortly after.

I dont see Paterno living much longer in the midst of this scandal and not being able to walk around the field and sit in the coaches box making himself think he is coaching the team while his assistants do all the work. Combine not working with having to live with all of this mess. His body will shut down on him real soon.

I would say RIP, but honestly, right now that guy deserves as much peace as those kids who were raped after Paterno knew about what was going on live with, which Im sure isnt much.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinsanity13 View Post
    This will definately, literally kill Paterno. You see it all the time when these guys who work their whole lives finally stop doing what they do. They retire and die shortly after.

I dont see Paterno living much longer in the midst of this scandal and not being able to walk around the field and sit in the coaches box making himself think he is coaching the team while his assistants do all the work. Combine not working with having to live with all of this mess. His body will shut down on him real soon.

I would say RIP, but honestly, right now that guy deserves as much peace as those kids who were raped after Paterno knew about what was going on live with, which Im sure isnt much.
    It was Bear Bryant who once said when asked what he would do after his retirement, "Probably croak in a week." He was only off by a few weeks. I don't think Joe Pa lasts long either. All the stress from the circumstances in which he's been pushed out won't help either.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he knew what was going on, and did nothing about it, then regardless of who he is, what he had done, what legacy he has left behind or age, charge him. Child abuse is the most abhorrant crime there is.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Fins4Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He should be charged....but him losing everything at penn state and his legacy being ruined is a life sentence. And at 84, by the time they gather all the evidence, he will more than likely be dead.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    Do it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The Finheaven Intimidator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I feel disgusted about everything. If you read the report you would be disgusted. That lowlife scumbag was sexually abusing that child in a freaking locker room anally and all that guy did was keep it down low.
    Sandusky raped a bunch of children and he kept doing it thanks to all these idiots who allowed him to do it. Joepa shouldn't go to jail or be charged but he should life and die with shame for allowing many
    lives to be ruined along with a Mcqueery for not reporting these crimes to the police. There is nothing that could excuse any of this.
    Originally Posted by footsteps_falco

the ole' J-Pru thread. its like kory sheets but worse
    Quote Quote