Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So called draft experts

1. -1
    2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks

So called draft experts

Philip Rivers is, IMO, the third best QB in the draft. Many draft analysts will agree with this; however, they believe he will be available in the second round. With Green Bay likely to draft Favre's understudy, I doubt Rivers will last until round two if he is the third QB taken.

Similarly, Vernon Carey is, IMO, the third best O-lineman in the draft. Again draft analysts will agree; however, they also believe that he will be avilable in the second round. Again, I doubt that he will be there.

Any talk of the fins trading down to take either Rivers or Carey, in reality, is ludacrus.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: So called draft experts

Originally posted by finsnchips
    Philip Rivers is, IMO, the third best QB in the draft. Many draft analysts will agree with this; however, they believe he will be available in the second round. With Green Bay likely to draft Favre's understudy, I doubt Rivers will last until round two if he is the third QB taken.

Similarly, Vernon Carey is, IMO, the third best O-lineman in the draft. Again draft analysts will agree; however, they also believe that he will be avilable in the second round. Again, I doubt that he will be there.

Any talk of the fins trading down to take either Rivers or Carey, in reality, is ludacrus.

We meet again. I agree with you and that is why the Philly offer hold far less potential.:mad: However if they are the only takers I would still pull the trigger and go WR (Clayton or Williams) with that pick. Perhaps even trade down if neither WR is available.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not convinced - that is of drafting WR, not of Williams or Clayton. This team hasn't had a QB to be excited about for a while. I think the fact that a young QB could come in at some point (probably next year) and have Ricky to hand the ball off to is a good thing.

I'm a big Phil Rivers fan, and think that is the way we should go.

If we have a second first - possibly from philly - despite what everyone may say - i think Clayton will be long gone. Clayton might even be gone by 20.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: So called draft experts

Rivers, IMO, is the 7th best QB but I know he won't be the 7th taken. He is a second round prospect & will go in the second round unless some team like the Cowboys or us gets cold feet & doesn't want to risk him last that far. Rivers hasn't improved his stock at the Senior Bowl because scouts are leaving with more questions about him than when they came(same with Losman). Green Bay right now is more intent on getting a DE or FS with their first pick.

I don't think Carey will be a first rounder because of his ankles & he just had surgery.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Re: So called draft experts

Originally posted by SMadison29

Rivers, IMO, is the 7th best QB but I know he won't be the 7th taken. He is a second round prospect & will go in the second round unless some team like the Cowboys or us gets cold feet & doesn't want to risk him last that far. Rivers hasn't improved his stock at the Senior Bowl because scouts are leaving with more questions about him than when they came(same with Losman). Green Bay right now is more intent on getting a DE or FS with their first pick.

I don't think Carey will be a first rounder because of his ankles & he just had surgery.
    7th best QB
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Okay maybe 5th, but I'd definitely take Ben, Eli, JP, & Pickett over him. Navarre looked horrible today so I'll drop him down. It's a toss up between him & Schaub.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is it about Rivers that you do not like?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mechanics.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, he doesn't throw the ball pretty. I mean THAT is what counts didn't you know? 40+ TD's, and a 70% completion rating doesn't mean squat for the kid.

The questions about rivers going into the Senior bowl

1. Strength of arm

2. Mechanics

Marino himself said he would NOT change his mechanics, and was very impressed with his arm.

Guess that answers most of those "questions" that he came in with right?

5th best in the draft? Give me a break.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Fighting the media, one lie at a time

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ocean Springs, Mississippi
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually, I think Marino said he didn't believe you "could" change his release at his age. Of course, Dan is coming from the background of Jackie Sherril (sp?) telling him [paraphrased] "son, don't ever let anyone try to change the way you throw the ball".
    "I was celebrating:
    1) Portis' tackle-breaking run
    2) Anderson's tackle-breaking run
    3) Anderson's (3-yard) TD
    4) Griffin's big run"

-A Salguero
    Quote Quote