Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez or Tebow?

1. -101
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaFinFan78 View Post
    Let's change it up: What QB's in the league would you take for Sanchez in a trade straight up?
    starting qbs better than dirty right now.

brady-better
    moore- better
    fitz- ill give dirty the edge for now
    orlovsky- dirty
    yates- dirty
    gabbert-dirty
    hasselbeck- ill take hasselbeck for this year
    rivers-better
    palmer-better
    tebow- better
    palko-dirty
    big ben-better
    flacco-better
    mccoy-dirty
    dalton-better
    romo-better
    manning-better
    vick-better
    grossman-dirty
    stafford-better
    rodgers- better
    ponder-dirty
    hanie-dirty
    brees-better
    freeman- dirty this year, i still look freeman better though
    newton-better
    ryan-better
    jackson-dirty
    smith- better this year
    kolb- dirty
    bradford- dirty
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    starting qbs better than dirty right now.

brady-better
    moore- better
    fitz- ill give dirty the edge for now
    orlovsky- dirty
    yates- dirty
    gabbert-dirty
    hasselbeck- ill take hasselbeck for this year
    rivers-better
    palmer-better
    tebow- better
    palko-dirty
    big ben-better
    flacco-better
    mccoy-dirty
    dalton-better
    romo-better
    manning-better
    vick-better
    grossman-dirty
    stafford-better
    rodgers- better
    ponder-dirty
    hanie-dirty
    brees-better
    freeman- dirty this year, i still look freeman better though
    newton-better
    ryan-better
    jackson-dirty
    smith- better this year
    kolb- dirty
    bradford- dirty
    Moore better than Sanchez

Palmer better? tebow better? Flacco better? Ryan better? This is a comedy list
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

I would like to see your list.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

You really think Sanchez is better than flaco or Ryan? Sanchez is a bottom 15 qb right now. Just because he was drafted high (way too high IMO), doesnt mean he deserves more credit than he deserves.

I can admit sanchez is better than henne. But there are 31 gm's right now that would rather have Moore.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    You really think Sanchez is better than flaco or Ryan? Sanchez is a bottom 15 qb right now. Just because he was drafted high (way too high IMO), doesnt mean he deserves more credit than he deserves.

I can admit sanchez is better than henne. But there are 31 gm's right now that would rather have Moore.
    #s wise he is better than Flacco now and neck and neck w/ Ryan. Mark's postseason performances has been MUCH better than either guy, I wouldn't want either over Sanchez.

There are ZERO GMs who would prefer Moore over Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I would like to see your list.
    There are 4-5 guys I'd rather have as my QB

Brady
    Peyton(healthy)
    Brees
    Ridgers
    Ben

Other than that I wouldn't take any other QB over him. There are guys that put up better #s that shrink in big games but those guys don't fool me.

as far as Matt Moore- check his #s 2 years ago w/ no pressure to win in Carolina then check what he did in 2010 starting day 1.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #s wise he is better than Flacco now and neck and neck w/ Ryan. Mark's postseason performances has been MUCH better than either guy, I wouldn't want either over Sanchez.

Brady
    Peyton(healthy)
    Brees
    Ridgers
    Ben

Other than that I wouldn't take any other QB over him. There are guys that put up better #s that shrink in big games but those guys don't fool me.

as far as Matt Moore- check his #s 2 years ago w/ no pressure to win in Carolina then check what he did in 2010 starting day 1.
    so ur saying u think sanchez is the 6th best qb in the nfl?

and btw, to say that my list was a joke, ur the joke here.

i dont think ryan is that good, however he is better than sanchez, and so is flacco. dirty has been carried by his team the past few years, and 1 year he was handed a playoff spot.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    so ur saying u think sanchez is the 6th best qb in the nfl?

and btw, to say that my list was a joke, ur the joke here.

i dont think ryan is that good, however he is better than sanchez, and so is flacco. dirty has been carried by his team the past few years, and 1 year he was handed a playoff spot.
    No, I wouldn't rank him 6th best but I wouldn't take another QB for this team besides those top 5.

Flacco has put up better reg season #s(until this year) but he's been awful in postseason. Sanchez is bettter w/o a doubt.

Ryan has been a better reg season QB but not so much this year and again sanchez has been MUCH better in postseason.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    No, I wouldn't rank him 6th best but I wouldn't take another QB for this team besides those top 5.

Flacco has put up better reg season #s(until this year) but he's been awful in postseason. Sanchez is bettter w/o a doubt.

Ryan has been a better reg season QB but not so much this year and again sanchez has been MUCH better in postseason.
    You wouldn't rank him the 6th best, but you wouldn't take any other QB than the 5 you mentioned? There are other Qbs you think are better than Sanchez, but would rather have Sanchez? You give Sanchez way too much credit for the Jets post season success the last 2 years. A ton of other Qbs would have had the same success (probably more) on those teams. It only makes sense that a better QB would have had more success, so why you wouldn't take a Qb you think is better than Sanchez makes no sense at all. We will see what Sanchez does this year (if they make the playoffs) without a top running game and D to carry him.

You say Flacco has been much worse in the playoffs, (and I agree his #'s are not as good) but he is tied with Sanchez for the most road wins, and has been to an AFCC game. If not for facing the same teams that Knocked out the Jets earlier in the playoffs ('09 Colts '10 Steelers), he could have 3 AFCC game appearances. I don't think either are great as I feel Flacco gets carried by a great D and running game much like Sanchez does, but to say that Sanchez is clearly better is a stretch. Besides those Qbs you listed, there are more than 10 I would easily take over Sanchez.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    You wouldn't rank him the 6th best, but you wouldn't take any other QB than the 5 you mentioned? There are other Qbs you think are better than Sanchez, but would rather have Sanchez? You give Sanchez way too much credit for the Jets post season success the last 2 years. A ton of other Qbs would have had the same success (probably more) on those teams. It only makes sense that a better QB would have had more success, so why you wouldn't take a Qb you think is better than Sanchez makes no sense at all. We will see what Sanchez does this year (if they make the playoffs) without a top running game and D to carry him.

You say Flacco has been much worse in the playoffs, (and I agree his #'s are not as good) but he is tied with Sanchez for the most road wins, and has been to an AFCC game. If not for facing the same teams that Knocked out the Jets earlier in the playoffs ('09 Colts '10 Steelers), he could have 3 AFCC game appearances. I don't think either are great as I feel Flacco gets carried by a great D and running game much like Sanchez does, but to say that Sanchez is clearly better is a stretch. Besides those Qbs you listed, there are more than 10 I would easily take over Sanchez.
    For this team Sanchez is perfect, this is not an air it out O that relies on the pass game to win. We run it well(hopefully), play good D(hopefully), good STs(hopefully) and we expect the QB to make a few big plays to win. He has done a very good job for us, he is very underrated. There are better #s guys like Romo, Eli, Rivers,... but these guys fail in big spots all the time. I understand Eli has a SB title on that fluky run but in the rest of his carere he has never won a single playoff game. This is his 8th year and the way it's going 7 will end w/o a playoff win.

I don't give Mark too much credit, I give him the credit he has earned. Our D is #1 but even the best D's(and our D is not great) need quality QB play to win.

Flacco has 4 road wins over 3 seasons, he's onyl won one div rd game in 3 years and he didn't contribute in postseason as much as Sanchez has.

Flacco was awful in the 2nd half vs. Pitt while Sanchez led us back to give us a chance a week later. In '09 vs. Indy Flacco led his O to 3 pts, sanchez 17.
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

Brady
    Peyton(healthy)
    Brees
    Ridgers
    Ben

its ironic you bring up numbers when it suits you, but ignore all the qb's who kick dirtys *** when it comes to numbers, lmao if you think there are only 5 qb's better.
    Quote Quote