Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BCS just got turned on its head

1. -21
    F the Jets

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Bama can't beat LSU at home, then why would they beat LSU in New Orleans? They had their shot and blew it. Too bad.
    Jets fans
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    After today, OSU deserves to be #2.
    As much as I rather see Weeden and that Oklahoma State offense get a crack at LSU, I think Bama is the better team. Oklahoma St. dug this grave themselves by losing to a 6-6 Iowa State team.

Bama plays in a tougher conference and their loss was against the #1 team in the country (a game you can argue they outplayed LSU).

However after that performance OSU put up, I do think it isn't open and shut as it was before today. Before today I think people penned in LSU/Bama . . . even with a LSU loss. Now I think alot of people came away impressed with the way Oklahoma St. manhandled the Sooners.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Feed Rex Ryan View Post
    If Bama can't beat LSU at home, then why would they beat LSU in New Orleans? They had their shot and blew it. Too bad.
    In a game where Bama missed how many FGs? How many close plays? They outplayed LSU in that game, they just couldn't capitalize on just ONE play.

OSU lost to Iowa State . . . what makes you think they have a chance against LSU in the N.O.? They certainly had their chance and they blew it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A +1 would be ideal right about now.

LSU vs. Stanford
    Bama vs. OSU

winners would play each other for the title.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    As much as I rather see Weeden and that Oklahoma State offense get a crack at LSU, I think Bama is the better team. Oklahoma St. dug this grave themselves by losing to a 6-6 Iowa State team.

Bama plays in a tougher conference and their loss was against the #1 team in the country (a game you can argue they outplayed LSU).

However after that performance OSU put up, I do think it isn't open and shut as it was before today. Before today I think people penned in LSU/Bama . . . even with a LSU loss. Now I think alot of people came away impressed with the way Oklahoma St. manhandled the Sooners.
    Bama may be better, but OSU has the better resume after this week. 1 loss, and that came after a tragedy at the school. More top 25 wins than Bama. More top 50 wins than Bama. A blowout conference championship win.

They deserve it IMO.

Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    A +1 would be ideal right about now.

LSU vs. Stanford
    Bama vs. OSU

winners would play each other for the title.
    Agreed 100%
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bama may be better, but OSU has the better resume after this week. 1 loss, and that came after a tragedy at the school. More top 25 wins than Bama. More top 50 wins than Bama. A blowout conference championship win.

They deserve it IMO.

This 'trajedy' excuse for Oklahoma St. has become an utterly disgraceful talking point. They didn't seem to be bothered by the 'trajedy' when they were busy building a 24-7 lead in the 3rd quarter on Iowa St. Furthermore, Oklahoma St. had the option of moving that game to Saturday, but CHOSE to go ahead and play it.

I doubt any of those football players could identify that women's basketball coach in a lineup even if they had to. I didn't hear any excuses for Arkansas after one of their players died tragically.

Aaron Douglas, Alabama's starting left tackle died this summer. Almost an entire section of the city of Tuscaloosa was whiped off the map on April 27th.

The bottom line is Oklahoma St. lost to an unranked team that was a 4 TD underdog. Alabama lost to the #1 team in the country in overtime by a field goal.

Those two losses cannot carry the same weight.

On top of it, Oklahoma is awful. Texas Tech was beating them 31-7 in Norman. Speaking of tragedy, Oklahoma's starting MLB also died this summer... along with being without all of their best players (Ryan Broyles, Ronnell Lewis, etc.)

Oklahoma St. wouldn't be conference champions if they played in the SEC West.... nor does the Big-12 even have to play a conference championship game this year due to not having enough teams.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    This 'trajedy' excuse for Oklahoma St. has become an utterly disgraceful talking point. They didn't seem to be bothered by the 'trajedy' when they were busy building a 24-7 lead in the 3rd quarter on Iowa St. Furthermore, Oklahoma St. had the option of moving that game to Saturday, but CHOSE to go ahead and play it.

I doubt any of those football players could identify that women's basketball coach in a lineup even if they had to. I didn't hear any excuses for Arkansas after one of their players died tragically.

Aaron Douglas, Alabama's starting left tackle died this summer. Almost an entire section of the city of Tuscaloosa was whiped off the map on April 27th.

The bottom line is Oklahoma St. lost to an unranked team that was a 4 TD underdog. Alabama lost to the #1 team in the country in overtime by a field goal.

Those two losses cannot carry the same weight.

On top of it, Oklahoma is awful. Texas Tech was beating them 31-7 in Norman. Speaking of tragedy, Oklahoma's starting MLB also died this summer... along with being without all of their best players (Ryan Broyles, Ronnell Lewis, etc.)

Oklahoma St. wouldn't be conference champions if they played in the SEC West.... nor does the Big-12 even have to play a conference championship game this year due to not having enough teams.
    Cant really disagree with anything in that post, but Id still rather see OSU than the Bama re-run. Bama is possibly the better team, but OSU does have more wins over ranked opponents...their resume is just (IMO) better. Maybe Im biased because of the matchup Id personally rather see, but Im pulling for OSU to land at #2.

On the other hand, if OSU and Bama played next week, Bama are heavy favorites. I can definitely see both sides to this. I wont be really mad either way. This year is just proving why we need a +1 system IMO.
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 12-04-2011 at 04:28 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cant really disagree with anything in that post, but Id still rather see OSU than the Bama re-run. Bama is possibly the better team, but OSU does have more wins over ranked opponents...their resume is just (IMO) better. Maybe Im biased because of the matchup Id personally rather see, but Im pulling for OSU to land at #2.

On the other hand, if OSU and Bama played next week, Bama are heavy favorites. I can definitely see both sides to this. I wont be really mad either way. This year is just proving why we need a +1 system IMO.

The two best teams should play for the national championship, period. The only way Oklahoma St. should be voted above Bama is if that person believes Oklahoma St. is the better team. That's not possible if they've watched as much football as they think they have.

We'll find out when the coaches votes are made public in the final coach's poll.

Conference championships have never been relevant in the BCS, that's not what it's designed for. It's designed to get the two best teams in the country playing in the title game. Those were the rules when everyone started playing at the beginning of the season, (and every season before in the BCS era) so you can't change them all of the sudden in favor of a 'matchup'.

I'm not sure what 'matchups' has to do with anything. How many more times do people need to see Big-12 offenses flailing away helplessly against SEC defenses...

Everyone seems to love the playoff format of the NCAA basketball tourney... Bama won the SEC West in basketball last year and got left out of the tournament. Again, conference championships are irrelevant in any playoff system in any sport, the BCS should be no different.

The +1 scenario is fine, but if people are against a rematch just for the sake of not seeing an LSU/Bama rematch, it's absurd..nor can they be pining for a playoff in the same breath. It'll only increase the number of rematches you see in the championship game.

We were having rematches in the national title game before the BCS ever existed.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Everyone seems to love the playoff format of the NCAA basketball tourney... Bama won the SEC West in basketball last year and got left out of the tournament. Again, conference championships are irrelevant in any playoff system in any sport, the BCS should be no different.

The +1 scenario is fine, but if people are against a rematch just for the sake of not seeing an LSU/Bama rematch, it's absurd..nor can they be pining for a playoff in the same breath. It'll only increase the number of rematches you see in the championship game.

We were having rematches in the national title game before the BCS ever existed.
    Conference championships give you an auto-bid to non-football tournaments. Last time I checked, the SEC West isn't a conference. Good god, you really are an SEC megahonk.
    Quote Quote