Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark buttfumble

1. -191
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It's about wins, no matter how you get them. we had a ton of close wins against bad/mediocre teams last year. Just win enough games to get in and we'll see what happens.
    Wins are all that matters to get you in the playoffs, but if you only can beat average and bad teams, you will not go very far in the playoffs. The Jets won some close games against bad teams last year, but they also beat some good teams along the way. They only lost to Bal by 1 point, beat NE, and Pitt. This year their biggest win came against Dallas, and Dallas really gave that game away. They have been embarrassed by the good teams they have played, and have not looked good against the bad teams.
    Quote Quote  

2. -192
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Wins are all that matters to get you in the playoffs, but if you only can beat average and bad teams, you will not go very far in the playoffs. The Jets won some close games against bad teams last year, but they also beat some good teams along the way. They only lost to Bal by 1 point, beat NE, and Pitt. This year their biggest win came against Dallas, and Dallas really gave that game away. They have been embarrassed by the good teams they have played, and have not looked good against the bad teams.
    we had chances to beat NE both times this year and we beat a likely division winner in week 1.

The only game we were embarrassed in was the Baltimore game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -193
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the jest were 1 plax dropped pass away from losing to a bills team which has been destroyed every game as of late. without their best player btw (fred jackson)
    Quote Quote  

4. -194
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we had chances to beat NE both times this year and we beat a likely division winner in week 1.

come on, u guys played like total dog **** vs the pats, especially the 2nd game. u guys lost by 3 scores at home, prime time. it was an embarrassing effort.
    Quote Quote  

5. -195
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    come on, u guys played like total dog **** vs the pats, especially the 2nd game. u guys lost by 3 scores at home, prime time. it was an embarrassing effort.
    It was a TD game in the 4th qtr, we had plenty of chances to take control of that game but we failed. That doesn't mean we didn't have a chance, we had chances to win both NE wins.
    Quote Quote  

6. -196
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about that division title for the Jets. How about the Raiders? How about the Bengals? Didn't you say they were 7-9 teams based on the talent they had? You have been wrong more times than you have been right.

I never said the Cowboys were lousy. I said they were average, and stand by that. They are playing better than they were earlier in the season, but I don't get impressed with close wins against bad teams like you do.
    The problem with you is you NEVER take a stand. Its always the same song and dance ... "If team X plays better they can win ... If team X plays poorly they can be beat ... can they play better? - sure ... will they do it? - maybe/ maybe not".
    NO ****.

Why dont you just say who you think is making the playoffs and who isn't? I never predicted a division title for the Jets ... BUT, I've said all along that the Jets will win 10 or 11 games and be in the playoffs ... and the Bills and Bengals won't. I NEVER bought them as playoff teams. Looks like I'm right with the Bills. I expect to be right on the Bengals and Jets too.

Where do you stand? Who's making it and who isn't? Or maybe you can just wait until week 17 and see what everybody's record is ... and then tell us how the Jets won't go far in the playoffs ... unless of course they play alot better ... in which case they just might advance ... but maybe they won't.
    Quote Quote  

7. -197
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    The problem with you is you NEVER take a stand. Its always the same song and dance ... "If team X plays better they can win ... If team X plays poorly they can be beat ... can they play better? - sure ... will they do it? - maybe/ maybe not".
    NO ****.

Why dont you just say who you think is making the playoffs and who isn't? I never predicted a division title for the Jets ... BUT, I've said all along that the Jets will win 10 or 11 games and be in the playoffs ... and the Bills and Bengals won't. I NEVER bought them as playoff teams. Looks like I'm right with the Bills. I expect to be right on the Bengals and Jets too.

Where do you stand? Who's making it and who isn't? Or maybe you can just wait until week 17 and see what everybody's record is ... and then tell us how the Jets won't go far in the playoffs ... unless of course they play alot better ... in which case they just might advance ... but maybe they won't.
    Things change during the season. I told you the teams I thought could make the playoffs. I've never thought that the Jets were an elite team like most Jets fans thought they were. From about week 3 on, I've said the Jets won't go very far in the playoffs if they make it. You never heard me saying if the Colts, Rams, or Panthers play better, they can make the playoffs. That is because they are bad teams that I never thought had a chance. The Jets fall into one of the average teams that can make the playoffs if they play better. The way they played against the Broncos, and Bills won't cut it against teams like Phi, NYG, and even Mia.

Your predictions are based solely on how much talent a team has, and I told you from the beginning that it doesn't matter who is on the team, it matters how the team is playing. While you were saying that Oak, and Cincy were no better than 7-9 teams based on who they had on the team, I was telling you that they could be competing for the last playoff spot with the Jets because of how they were playing. You did predict a division title after the Jets beat Buff. Here is your quote.

Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    Actually you did get ONE thing correct ... after we beat the Pats on Sunday we won't be tied for first the rest of the season.
    The way you worded that makes it sound like both of us were right. Unfortunately for you, you were saying the Jets will have sole possession of first place the rest of the season, and I was saying they won't see first place the rest of the season. I never thought the Jets to be anything more than the 6th seed if that. Many Jets fans, including yourself thought different. I don't throw out a million predictions, as they really mean nothing. Does that mean that I can't disagree with your predictions, or so called locks to make the playoffs?

All I can tell you for sure is how a team is currently playing. I have not changed my opinion about the Jets all year. If you go back and read my post, you will see that.

Trailing by 7 in the beginning of the 4th, doesn't mean the team actually had a chance. They lost by 21 points. The Jets got embarrassed at home by NE. If Dallas is the biggest win for the Jets this year, you know there is a problem. Especially since they would have lost had Dallas not given the game away. The Jets have played bad all year, and it doesn't look like they are going to be getting any better.
    Quote Quote  

8. -198
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Trailing by 7 in the beginning of the 4th, doesn't mean the team actually had a chance. They lost by 21 points. The Jets got embarrassed at home by NE. If Dallas is the biggest win for the Jets this year, you know there is a problem. Especially since they would have lost had Dallas not given the game away. The Jets have played bad all year, and it doesn't look like they are going to be getting any better.
    Of course we had chances, the game got out opf hand late but we cut it to 7 in the 4th, if our D could get a stop we get the ball back w/ a chance to tie. it's not like we lost 62-7 and had no shot.

Dallas gave the game away but us turning it over against oak and NE isn't considered giving the game away? or vs. Bal w/ multiple non offensive TDs?
    Quote Quote  

9. -199
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Of course we had chances, the game got out opf hand late but we cut it to 7 in the 4th, if our D could get a stop we get the ball back w/ a chance to tie. it's not like we lost 62-7 and had no shot.

Dallas gave the game away but us turning it over against oak and NE isn't considered giving the game away? or vs. Bal w/ multiple non offensive TDs?
    If you think trailing by 7 in the beginning of the 4th is a chance to win, you could say most teams have a "Chance" to win any game. Going by that, you could say the Dolphins had a chance to be 9-2 at this point. Does anyone really care?

Were the Jets leading by 7 in the 4th and on the opponents 2 yardline when the turnovers occurred? Were they up 7 with 6:00 to go when the opponent scored on a blocked punt? Was the game tied with 0:59 seconds to go when they turned it over in FG range? Dallas gave the game away because they outplayed the Jets, and had the game won if not for a complete meltdown. The Jets did not outplay Oak, NE, or Bal.

Why do you always want to compare the Jets mistakes to other teams? Dallas doesn't get any credit for throwing away the game. The point is the Jets biggest win of the season came against an average team that outplayed them. If it wasn't for a missed block, the Jets lose to a team that has only beat 1 good team all year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -200
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you think trailing by 7 in the beginning of the 4th is a chance to win, you could say most teams have a "Chance" to win any game. Going by that, you could say the Dolphins had a chance to be 9-2 at this point. Does anyone really care?

Were the Jets leading by 7 in the 4th and on the opponents 2 yardline when the turnovers occurred? Were they up 7 with 6:00 to go when the opponent scored on a blocked punt? Was the game tied with 0:59 seconds to go when they turned it over in FG range? Dallas gave the game away because they outplayed the Jets, and had the game won if not for a complete meltdown. The Jets did not outplay Oak, NE, or Bal.

Why do you always want to compare the Jets mistakes to other teams? Dallas doesn't get any credit for throwing away the game. The point is the Jets biggest win of the season came against an average team that outplayed them. If it wasn't for a missed block, the Jets lose to a team that has only beat 1 good team all year.
    They didn't get blown out like Miami did against the Jets where they had no shot int he 2nd half.

Whenever we win it's b/c we get lucky that the other team agve it away but when we lose turning it over it's b/c the other team was better- how does that happen?

That average team is going to win 10-11 games and win their division.
    Quote Quote