Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark buttfumble

1. -61
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    How many title games in recent years have teams won w/o their D's playing really well?
    In the last 2 years....2

Saints, Packers
    My personal Draft:

1st Round: C. J Mosley(ILB)

2nd Round: Joel Bitonio(T)

3rd Round: C. J. Fiedorowicz(TE)

4th Round: Dakota Dozier (T/G)

5th Round: Daniel McCullers(DT)

6th Round: Marqueston Huff(S/CB)

7th Round: Jay Prosch(FB)
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope we get Matt Moore
    You can have him for 2 #1 draft picks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, thatis the same as comparing Den's Defense to the D we faced last week

whenever you bash the Jets I always feel good, it makes me feel confident.
    Junc, it doesn't matter. YOu are as good as you last game or the season you are playing in. Brady won superbowls a long time ago now. Those mean nothing today. Just like making last years SFC title game means nothing this year. buttfumble has regressed. Is he terrible? no is he playing below avg? yes
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadi-Phin View Post
    Junc, it doesn't matter. YOu are as good as you last game or the season you are playing in. Brady won superbowls a long time ago now. Those mean nothing today. Just like making last years SFC title game means nothing this year. buttfumble has regressed. Is he terrible? no is he playing below avg? yes
    Then Matt Moore is among the best in NFL
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He and the pass O bailed out the D and running game probably more than the other way around last year.

This year the running game has been bad most of the year as well as the OL. It's hard to perform, w/ that said he hasn't stepped up either. He has taken a step back w/o a doubt but he's not a bad QB.

What does Den's D last year have to do w/ this year? Their D hasn't been awful this year but it doesn't matter, our O and QB are in a funk. It happens, just like last year when we got shut down by Miami in Dec. I'm confident Mark and the O will bounce back just like they did last year.

The Pats D is much better than the stats, they allow about the same # of points per game as our supposed top defense.
    ---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Considering we haven't had a great defense and our running game last year was not great I'm not sure I understand your point

here you are basically saying stats dont matter and to overlook them, meanwhile everytime you are over here defending the jets defense or buttfumble or talking about how the jets rushing attack wasnt that amazing buttfumble rookie year compared to this team and that team and this stat and another stat, yet now you want to say to overlook the stats and that dont mean as much

however you want to look at it, the Pats defense is not good, they are below average is the kindest thing i will say, now their secondary, that is way below average and bad, amongst missing some of their starting corners and safeties that game and had a WR playing corner..... either way that defense is lets say to be kind and in the middle, below average to mediocre at best, and what did buttfumble do against a below average to mediocre at best defense, he played and performed below average and mediocre at best, take some of the better QBs and they elevate their play against those kind of defenses, meanwhile buttfumble still looked lost and could not take advantage of that situation, Fitzpatrick as a comparison who we are now seeing as a fraud and exactly who we thought he was, tore that defense and secondary apart

Fitzpatrick situation reminds me a bit of buttfumble, when the Bills were 5-2 it was a big combination of the Bills defense getting alot of turnovers and pressuring the QB, the O-Line performing well and blocking well for fitz and the running game, Fred Jackson having a career year ala thomas jones, and as we have seen recently with the Bills, their defense isnt creating turnovers anymore, their O-Line has had some injuries and cant dominate anymore, fred jackson has fell back to earth slightyl, and now looks at Fitz turnover machine deer in headlights

I just want a reason or explanation as to what sets buttfumble apart from someone like Fitz or other mediocre to below average QBs? and dont give me the 4 playoff wins, and AFC title game (losses) and O-Line or Shottenheimer, im talking about regular season and the way he is playing right now and the bad performances he frequently has and all the inconsistency he has shown
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    I will say it for Junc since he has not made an appearence yet...

4 ROAD PLAYOFF WINS!
    LMAO. And he is solely the reason they won 4 straight. Cuz you know he also played CB, WR, KR, and Field Goal Kicker..
    Quote Quote  

7. -67

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What I find amusing is this, some were drooling over Luck, now we have a QB playing lights out right in front of us, and it's he's not the future, he's not this he's not that. LMAO. Oh the sanity. So what he has to lead us to the superbowl for us to want him being the franchise? Please go back and look at Brady's statistics his first few years starting, he didn't exactly set the world on fire. I want to know, if you are not drafted in the first round of the draft, than you can't be a franchise QB??
    Quote Quote  

8. -68

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I blame all equally, I never just blame the O or just blame the D but when I see people acting like we have a great D I have to speak the truth. Our D is good to very good, not close to great.

buttfumble has been really good in postseason, postseason is where we see the best teams so explain how he "craps the bed" every time he plays a good team?

yes, the guy that inherited a franchise w/ no QB and hadn't won a playoff game in 5 years then leading them w/ a rookie and 2nd yr QB to title games clearly is holding this franchise back

Putting aside the incredibly serious injury and the advanced age(in football years) of peyton how in the world could we acquire him w/ his pricetag and the pricetag of Indy getting picks back for him? buttfumble will never be Peyton but you don't need a Peyton to win or esle he'd have many more than just the one title(where he was not good in that playoff run).
    If you were to ever get arrested, before contacting a lawyer, you should first call NYjunc.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    What I find amusing is this, some were drooling over Luck, now we have a QB playing lights out right in front of us, and it's he's not the future, he's not this he's not that. LMAO. Oh the sanity. So what he has to lead us to the superbowl for us to want him being the franchise? Please go back and look at Brady's statistics his first few years starting, he didn't exactly set the world on fire. I want to know, if you are not drafted in the first round of the draft, than you can't be a franchise QB??
    What I think are the two biggest concerns are the following:

1) MM's three victories were against mediocre teams. Granted, against the Chiefs and Bills he was amazing, but the fact remains that these teams are far from great. Time will tell if we really should consider putting our future in his hands.
    2) He has had a really good stretch of games before. Back in 2009, he played his final five games so well that they released Delhomme and handed Moore the keys to the franchise for 2010. What happened? He was benched for Jimmy Clausen after two weeks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    Why is everything we do compared to The Jets and buttfumble?

The stench of envy from some people is lurid.
    You do understand they are our biggest rival right ? And the envy between both teams as been there since probably day one.
    Quote Quote