Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 214

Thread: Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark buttfumble

  1. -81
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,474
    vCash:
    6952
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Found that one. LOL.
    tumblr_luu8es7dZm1qjp9my.jpg

    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,927
    vCash:
    18954
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    based on your idea of a bad/good QB then Testaverde and Pennington are awful QBs as well. Both only won 2 playoff games.
    Yet, your buddies at gang green rate buttfumble only as #3 in a poll. Do they know more than you do?

    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=69199
    They each led us to multiple postseasons and div titles. Fans have their favorites for their own reasons, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I chose buttfumble b/c he has helped us win more in January and b/c the future is so bright w/ him but he could flame out like Chad and I can change my answer.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    Swantoon's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    2,611
    vCash:
    2150
    Loc:
    Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    They each led us to multiple postseasons and div titles. Fans have their favorites for their own reasons, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I chose buttfumble b/c he has helped us win more in January and b/c the future is so bright w/ him but he could flame out like Chad and I can change my answer.
    You have to start losing faith in this guy at some point. How awful does he have to be before a couple good playoff games no longer make up for it.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,474
    vCash:
    6952
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    They each led us to multiple postseasons and div titles. Fans have their favorites for their own reasons, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I chose buttfumble b/c he has helped us win more in January and b/c the future is so bright w/ him but he could flame out like Chad and I can change my answer.
    What you don't realize is that with a Chad Pennington you may actually would have gone to the Superbowl and would have won one (oh the horror thought). buttfumble is a below average QB who relies to much of his surroundings to step up rather than making his own path. He makes the occasional throws but more often than not he makes Jets fans feel like I felt about Henne when he dropped back to pass "oh no, not again." He is neither a game manager nor a big time QB. You have to be one or the other.

    A Chad Pennington at the height of his career was an excellent game manager. With the talent you had the past couple of years that's all you needed.

    Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope that buttfumble will stay with you guys for the next 10 years. I hope Rex's man-crush on buttfumble continues.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,927
    vCash:
    18954
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    What you don't realize is that with a Chad Pennington you may actually would have gone to the Superbowl and would have won one (oh the horror thought). buttfumble is a below average QB who relies to much of his surroundings to step up rather than making his own path. He makes the occasional throws but more often than not he makes Jets fans feel like I felt about Henne when he dropped back to pass "oh no, not again." He is neither a game manager nor a big time QB. You have to be one or the other.

    A Chad Pennington at the height of his career was an excellent game manager. With the talent you had the past couple of years that's all you needed.

    Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope that buttfumble will stay with you guys for the next 10 years. I hope Rex's man-crush on buttfumble continues.
    a healthy Chad was a top 5 QB in this league BUT Chad wasn't a great playoff QB. mark has been much better under playoff pressure.

    Henne never had you near a playoff berth let alone a SB so Jet fans don't feel about mark the way you do about henne.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    2576
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like I said, Junc is so delusional, there's no hope for him at this point. Does anybody else know any other good QB's that are 2nd in the NFL in turnovers?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,927
    vCash:
    18954
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Like I said, Junc is so delusional, there's no hope for him at this point. Does anybody else know any other good QB's that are 2nd in the NFL in turnovers?
    Please show me all the bad QBs in NFL history to play in back to back title games(in their first 2 years no less).
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    2576
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Please show me all the bad QBs in NFL history to play in back to back title games(in their first 2 years no less).
    Please show me all the QB's in history that had back to back top 5 defenses, running games, and OL's (in their first 2 years nonetheless).
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,469
    vCash:
    3562
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did we really need to cross this bridge?
    Peace and Humptiness Forever


    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,927
    vCash:
    18954
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Please show me all the QB's in history that had back to back top 5 defenses, running games, and OL's (in their first 2 years nonetheless).
    good thing we don't rely on rankings and we watch the games w/ our eyes so we know the Jets didn't have a top 5 running game or OL last year and the D isn't an elite one which has been the main reason we lost both title games.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Do the mark buttfumble LOL
    By 1Dolfan in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 07:40 PM
  2. Does Mark buttfumble still suck?
    By Ruby2 in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 10:09 AM
  3. Mark buttfumble...
    By Henne15 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 04:07 PM
  4. Mark buttfumble on MNF
    By Roman529 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 273
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
  5. mark buttfumble
    By jayfin in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •