Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez

1. -81
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Found that one. LOL.
    tumblr_luu8es7dZm1qjp9my.jpg

Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    based on your idea of a bad/good QB then Testaverde and Pennington are awful QBs as well. Both only won 2 playoff games.
    Yet, your buddies at gang green rate Sanchez only as #3 in a poll. Do they know more than you do?

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=69199
    They each led us to multiple postseasons and div titles. Fans have their favorites for their own reasons, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I chose Sanchez b/c he has helped us win more in January and b/c the future is so bright w/ him but he could flame out like Chad and I can change my answer.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    They each led us to multiple postseasons and div titles. Fans have their favorites for their own reasons, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I chose Sanchez b/c he has helped us win more in January and b/c the future is so bright w/ him but he could flame out like Chad and I can change my answer.
    You have to start losing faith in this guy at some point. How awful does he have to be before a couple good playoff games no longer make up for it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What you don't realize is that with a Chad Pennington you may actually would have gone to the Superbowl and would have won one (oh the horror thought). Sanchez is a below average QB who relies to much of his surroundings to step up rather than making his own path. He makes the occasional throws but more often than not he makes Jets fans feel like I felt about Henne when he dropped back to pass "oh no, not again." He is neither a game manager nor a big time QB. You have to be one or the other.

A Chad Pennington at the height of his career was an excellent game manager. With the talent you had the past couple of years that's all you needed.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope that Sanchez will stay with you guys for the next 10 years. I hope Rex's man-crush on Sanchez continues.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    What you don't realize is that with a Chad Pennington you may actually would have gone to the Superbowl and would have won one (oh the horror thought). Sanchez is a below average QB who relies to much of his surroundings to step up rather than making his own path. He makes the occasional throws but more often than not he makes Jets fans feel like I felt about Henne when he dropped back to pass "oh no, not again." He is neither a game manager nor a big time QB. You have to be one or the other.

A Chad Pennington at the height of his career was an excellent game manager. With the talent you had the past couple of years that's all you needed.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope that Sanchez will stay with you guys for the next 10 years. I hope Rex's man-crush on Sanchez continues.
    a healthy Chad was a top 5 QB in this league BUT Chad wasn't a great playoff QB. mark has been much better under playoff pressure.

Henne never had you near a playoff berth let alone a SB so Jet fans don't feel about mark the way you do about henne.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like I said, Junc is so delusional, there's no hope for him at this point. Does anybody else know any other good QB's that are 2nd in the NFL in turnovers?
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Like I said, Junc is so delusional, there's no hope for him at this point. Does anybody else know any other good QB's that are 2nd in the NFL in turnovers?
    Please show me all the bad QBs in NFL history to play in back to back title games(in their first 2 years no less).
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please show me all the bad QBs in NFL history to play in back to back title games(in their first 2 years no less).
    Please show me all the QB's in history that had back to back top 5 defenses, running games, and OL's (in their first 2 years nonetheless).
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did we really need to cross this bridge?
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Please show me all the QB's in history that had back to back top 5 defenses, running games, and OL's (in their first 2 years nonetheless).
    good thing we don't rely on rankings and we watch the games w/ our eyes so we know the Jets didn't have a top 5 running game or OL last year and the D isn't an elite one which has been the main reason we lost both title games.
    Quote Quote