Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore is easily the MVP

1. -91
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Well Moore did leave points on the table, as did Romo, but if factoring in quality of opponent, specifically a team that's peaking and is more than a cut above average, he came back to put his team in a position to win if our vaunted D would have held. Also, he's not the one who missed that FG. No debating that.
    I will get behind that logic, if you are willing to agree we than have to take into consideration that the bills were a team that definately was NOT peaking, losing 3 or 4 straight or whatever it was.

We lost the game in the first half in my opinion. We were +2 on the turnover battle, had multiple possessions with excellent field position, and we absolutely dominated the time of possession. that game should have been put away in the first half. no question.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    I'm not sure if you know this or not, but matt moore played in his 30th game yesterday, and while I'm not sure he started all of them, I think he has. Unless of course you are going to tell me he needs 30 starts as a dolphin for us to see what he can do, to which I would ask... why?
    He's 10-10 as a stater, 10+10!=30. It's easy to see in those 20 games he'll make a better backup than Henne. At least we are all set at qb2.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well Moore did leave points on the table, as did Romo, but if factoring in quality of opponent, specifically a team that's peaking and is more than a cut above average, he came back to put his team in a position to win if our vaunted D would have held. Also, he's not the one who missed that FG. No debating that.
    i'm lost on your point here...i was responding to what you said regarding flacco and kaep...not the dallas miami game
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    He's 10-10 as a stater, 10+10!=30. It's easy to see in those 20 games he'll make a better backup than Henne. At least we are all set at qb2.
    He's 10-10 as a starter including coming in in 09 when the Panthers were 4-7 to salvage a .500 season. He was 1-4 in 2010 for a team that finished 2-14.. just about the same record as the great Cam Newton's 2-8 for an upgraded team and coach who wasn't a lame duck. He was pressed into service with little preseason or 1st team reps for a winless team in 2011.

Bottom Line: he's 10-10 for a team that went 10-32 in 2 years and another that was 0-4 when he was pressed into service . So let's just put some of that into perspective here, okay?

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    The Patriots lost in week 3 to Buffalo becuase their QB threw 4 picks.
    The 2004 Patriots were 10-2 and they lost to a 2-10 Miami team because their QB threw 4 picks.
    The 2009 Colts lost the Super Bowl becuase their QB threw an untimely INT.

I agree with you 100% when you say you'd like to see Moore beat a playoff team before you can believe in him fully. But even the best of the best have games where the loss is on them. The gift TD and not jumping out to an early lead following the INT's were back breakers today I'm with you there. Moore did make plays and got us the lead despite of his mistakes. At the end of the day we lost to a playoff team in their house by 1 point and finheaven wants to change everything. The first 7 games were a disaster, I blame the coaching staff for not having the team ready and not starting Moore from week one because even with his deficiencies only an idiot wouldn't be able to see he's the best QB we have on our roster.
    Brady has won superbowls and beat good teams, Matt Moore has not. You are right, even the best have bad days. I am looking for Moore to have 1 good one against a good team. That has yet to happen. Also, since Henne was brought in it is easy to say that Moore is better when he is playing in an offense that is fully installed, on a team (especially on D) that is playing much better. However, when Moore has an 0-4 redzone TD day, gets balls batted down, fumbles inside the 10 (now 9 fumbles, with 3 lost in 8 games), and can't deliver at the end to put the game away these guys have all of the excuses in the world. Also look at who Henne played, 2 teams leading their division, and a Browns team that is #1 in pass D, and the #5 over all D. Moore is not better, it is actually a coin flip in my eys and they are both 2nd stringers.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

6. -96

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks

It Is What It Is

Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    Brady has won superbowls and beat good teams, Matt Moore has not. You are right, even the best have bad days. I am looking for Moore to have 1 good one against a good team. That has yet to happen. Also, since Henne was brought in it is easy to say that Moore is better when he is playing in an offense that is fully installed, on a team (especially on D) that is playing much better. However, when Moore has an 0-4 redzone TD day, gets balls batted down, fumbles inside the 10 (now 9 fumbles, with 3 lost in 8 games), and can't deliver at the end to put the game away these guys have all of the excuses in the world. Also look at who Henne played, 2 teams leading their division, and a Browns team that is #1 in pass D, and the #5 over all D. Moore is not better, it is actually a coin flip in my eys and they are both 2nd stringers.
    Hey bro, I know this isn't about Henne, but you'd come across as more objective with no not-so-hidden agenda if you had started even one such similar thread over the last 2 seasons dogging Chad. Sorry but it is what it is, whether you realize your biases or not.
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey bro, I know this isn't about Henne, but you'd come across as more objective with no not-so-hidden agenda if you had started even one such similar thread over the last 2 seasons dogging Chad. Sorry but it is what it is, whether you realize your biases or not.
    Vaark, I never have a thread in the last 2 years praising Henne either....We all know the challenges the offense faced as a whole with Henning as the OC. All of my Henne posts were less support and more I want to see what he can do in a real offense. Also, how can I have a hidden agenda when I am saying neither Henne or Moore are starters? Just curious? Also, my latest Henne posts are not a support of Henne, they are facts backing up MHO that Matt Moore is simply not better, not a praise of Henne. Once again, neither are starters IMO. I think today's game against a solid but far from elite Cowboys team further demonstrates that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    He's 10-10 as a starter including coming in in 09 when the Panthers were 4-7 to salvage a .500 season. He was 1-4 in 2010 for a team that finished 2-14.. just about the same record as the great Cam Newton's 2-8 for an upgraded team and coach who wasn't a lame duck. He was pressed into service with little preseason or 1st team reps for a winless team in 2011.

Bottom Line: he's 10-10 for a team that went 10-32 in 2 years and another that was 0-4 when he was pressed into service . So let's just put some of that into perspective here, okay?
    here it sounds like sarcasm regarding cam newton, but in another thread you defend last years qb prospects in the draft with andy dalton, and the same cam newton you just seemingly dissed.
    Quote Quote  

9. -99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    here it sounds like sarcasm regarding cam newton, but in another thread you defend last years qb prospects in the draft with andy dalton, and the same cam newton you just seemingly dissed.
    yes I did, and my point is if you're gonna dog Moore in Carolina for what he had to work with, it's disingenuous to praise Cam at the same time.. or vice versa. Cam at 2-8 shows as much promise as Moore did coming in at 4-7 and ending up .500.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang;1064112902[B
    ]Ya, before you go spouting nonsense, you might want to look at who has the best Pass D in the league and 5th best D overall.....and it ain't the Cowboys or any other team Moore has played.[/B]
    o that hatred continues. stop going by only stats. last year our defense was 6th overall statistically, but anyone who watched the games and saw for themselves, that defense last year was no way that dominant as it showed statistically.

lets see what great qbs the browns have played so far to skew their stats.

here are the list of teams the browns played so far.

week 1- cincy- dalton who has turned out to be pretty good, they put up 27 pts.

week 2- indy- curtis painter

week 3-miami- chad henne

week 4- tennessee- hasselbeck

week 5-oakland- campbell

week 6 -seattle- i forgot if it was jackson or whitehurst, either way both blow

week 7- houston- schaub- best qb they faced by a landslide, and that game was over by the 1st half, schaub i think attempted 15 passes the whole game or something

week 8- st louis- bradford

week 9- jacksonville- gabbert

not exactly the great offenses the nfl has seen, specifically qbs.

i agree dallas secondary is far from elite, and that is why moore had some big plays against it. however, ill take dallas d any day over cleveland, due to dallas very good pass rush. cleveland has faced arguably the worst set of qbs in the league. they should be top 2 with that list.
    Quote Quote