Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore is easily the MVP

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    point was to all the fans here who thought they HAD their franchise QB.

Some people, not mentioning names even called him the best QB since marino in miami. WTF?!?! lmao.
    first of all let me say this. i was on the moore bandwagon, i like what i had seen from him, and honestly not much has changed. he was far from great today, but he played much better in the 2nd half. remember, this is a guy who has what, 20 starts total in his career? people must have extremely high expectations from him right away. Today was not his best game, but he was not the main reason we lost.

as for being the franchise qb, as much as i like what hes done, never did i, or most people who like him for that matter, say he was our franchise qb.

we said, lets see what we have in him, he has been playing well so far. no one ever said lets sign him to a long term contract and name him our franchise qb now.

as for the qb situation going forward, i will say what i said all along. if we have a chance at luck or barkley,then ya, obviously we take them, but right now lets be honest, that chance is looking very dim. i also have stated that i am not a big fan of landry jones and would not take him. if we can get griffin i would not mind that after those top 2 guys. o and i gotta say this because i have seen it brought up before, no to matt flynn. im not sure if u r on the flynn bandwagon, but he ****ing blows, so i hope ur not one of those guys that thinks flynn is an upgrade over moore.

bottom line. moore was ok today, tough environment, i think he handled himself pretty well, especially in the 2nd half. he was far from perfect, but hes not going to be every week.

it is all but for certainty that moore will deff be back next year on this team as our main backup, we r not going to resign henne, and moore will battle it out in tc with the rookie for the starting job.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys are silly. Matt moore has 7 touchdowns and 1 pick in the last four games. He didn't play perfect but he did play pretty well. Those snaps from pouncey were way off. We have not seen a qb play this well in a long time and you guys wanna cry....lame
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    'Fans' who enjoy seeing us lose in order to prove a point on an Internet message board are truly pathetic.

Still believe in Moore. He's no Marino but he can be an asset to this franchise.

Willing our own players to fail is a total disgrace.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.384296,-0.195170
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Tweet@KJoneZ13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shame on Moore for giving us the lead in the 4th quarter and expecting our D to deliver us the win. Also shame on more for going into turtle mode with the lead and just handing it off at the end.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    its so funny how the people who hate moore were prob so happy when the cowboys were driving down the field to win the game.

moore played far from a perfect game, but in the 2nd half was much better. we lost because of a lot of things, but one of the bigger issues was all these missed sacks which we had romo for turning into big gains and keeping drives alive.

that is what killed us. moore was not his best, but he played alright against a pretty tough team in their building. if u ( op) expect moore to throw for 350 yds and 3 tds a game, well ull be dissapointed. hes not perfect and today he was far from it, but if u think we lost souly due to moore, guess u missed the game.
    1. this first sentence in bold probably doesn't happen or at the very least is made quite a bit harder if we get a first down and dallas has to burn timeouts. moore throws a horrible pass two yards behind davone bess that would have been a first down.

i think it's really convenient for you to point to the defense as a major problem in the second half. missed sacks... no doubt, romo makes a living on making guys miss and making plays happen when they shouldn't. moore was content to just take sacks. throw it out of the back of the endzone when he could have ran for a td, than at the end of the half with 11 seconds left, run out of the pocket and take it to four seconds instead of throwing it away and maybe having one more shot in the endzone instead of settling on a field goal.

i can hear it now... henne drives us down the field and we always settle for field goals. henne is a 20 to 20 yard line qb... with henne he misses the throws in the endzone that he should make... OH oops... matt moore was that guy today.

Today was a perfect chance for moore to showcase he's the man. But his drives stalled in the redzone and we kicked field goals. He evidently was so nervous we had to abandon the shotgun formation in the second half because he couldn't even field a snap. Unless of course your going to suddenly tell me our rookie center who has received nothing but praise to this point all of a sudden can't snap a football, or is snapping it differently. With a chance to seal the game, one throw to bess to prove matt moore had that killer instinct to put teams away everyone wanted to see, we saw a very poorly thrown pass behind davone bess....

we don't have our franchise qb... unless a franchise qb, is a .500 qb. we can beat on all the poor teams we want... that's just not going to cut it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinSince1971

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A.We played a top 10 team
    B. We played with a grade B QB ( who played an overall average game )
    C The better team made more big plays in big moments. I.e.Romo avoiding three sacks to throw completions and then the TD

Since 1971
    founded 1971
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    first of all let me say this. i was on the moore bandwagon, i like what i had seen from him, and honestly not much has changed. he was far from great today, but he played much better in the 2nd half. remember, this is a guy who has what, 20 starts total in his career? people must have extremely high expectations from him right away. Today was not his best game, but he was not the main reason we lost.

as for being the franchise qb, as much as i like what hes done, never did i, or most people who like him for that matter, say he was our franchise qb.

we said, lets see what we have in him, he has been playing well so far. no one ever said lets sign him to a long term contract and name him our franchise qb now.

as for the qb situation going forward, i will say what i said all along. if we have a chance at luck or barkley,then ya, obviously we take them, but right now lets be honest, that chance is looking very dim. i also have stated that i am not a big fan of landry jones and would not take him. if we can get griffin i would not mind that after those top 2 guys. o and i gotta say this because i have seen it brought up before, no to matt flynn. im not sure if u r on the flynn bandwagon, but he ****ing blows, so i hope ur not one of those guys that thinks flynn is an upgrade over moore.

bottom line. moore was ok today, tough environment, i think he handled himself pretty well, especially in the 2nd half. he was far from perfect, but hes not going to be every week.

it is all but for certainty that moore will deff be back next year on this team as our main backup, we r not going to resign henne, and moore will battle it out in tc with the rookie for the starting job.

dude this is BS... find me a thread where you came on here after the san diego game, or the jets game, or the giants game and praised matt moore for his play and declared you wanted to see what he had. NOBODY was saying **** about matt moore until after his 3 td game against kansas city and you know it. your first paragraph reeks of the henne camp and all their excuses... not enough career starts, not enough practice with the starters.. others have claimed poor play calling and turtle mode in the last drive... HE HAD A CHANCE TO MAKE A THROW TO KEEP THE BALL AND HE FAILED.

i do completley agree with your middle paragraph that we need to take a qb. BUT I am going to get real tired of the moore supporters falling back on the same, defense didn't show up, OL didn't block, too many penalties, bad snaps, bad playcalling excuses that were unacceptable when henne was running the show.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm am super excited to see what moore does for the rest of the season. Nobody including myself is saying he is the definate answer. If you will open your eyes you will see the it is possible though. Give this guy 1/10 of the chance you gave crappy henne. More has played way better than henn ever has. Let's see what happens
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kthurmus23 View Post
    Shame on Moore for giving us the lead in the 4th quarter and expecting our D to deliver us the win. Also shame on more for going into turtle mode with the lead and just handing it off at the end.

do you remember the cleveland game. henne and the dolphins had the lead 13-10 in the 4th quarter... this is different how???
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinSince1971

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh and one more thing. They targeted Sean Smith with some success.

We're just not quite talented enough to win those close games against better teams. But there's still a few wins left, for what its worth

Since 1971
    Quote Quote