Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore is easily the MVP

1. -241
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    Has any QB available in the offseason had a better year than Moore?
    the only one I can think of is Hasselbeck... now that you mention it... and that includes Kolb.

"geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish
    the tanny/sanchez days were here again" > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

2. -242
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    the only one I can think of is Hasselbeck... now that you mention it... and that includes Kolb.
    Funny because if I remember right, the basic consensus on the board when Moore was signed was a face palm
    Quote Quote  

3. -243
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Yea, generally speaking, a guy with a 90 QBR rating will get a few more TDs given the same scenarios. Matt Moore himself has proven that he is capable of that in other games...he just didnt get it done for whatever reason on Thursday (maybe coaching, missed a receiver, just had one of those days, who knows). But yeah, youre right that this game by itself doesnt say much about his future. Honestly, the guy has far exceeded just about everyones expectations this year. Im hoping we address QB early in the draft and give Matt moore another whirl at least until the young guy is ready. If Moore shows that he can be the guy, thats great. Great problem to have. If he shows himself to be average, ride him for a while until the young guy is ready then trade him. Its a win/win. Honestly, Im not sure he can sustain the QBR he has been putting up the last 4 weeks, but if he does then thats great.
    Heck if he put up a QB rating that was 15 points less than what he has the past four weeks, that would be great.

That QB rating would be about 97, which is what Chad Pennington had when we were 11-5 and he finished second in the MVP voting.
    Quote Quote  

4. -244

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    Funny because if I remember right, the basic consensus on the board when Moore was signed was a face palm
    Welcome to FH where you get dug into a position and find it impossible to admit you're wrong ("the Junk Principle"). Hell there are still a few who're arguing that the 90% of the fan base wanting the guy now bounced out of Denver with the 61 lifetime 3rd down QBR rating who won 4 out of his last 14 didn't know what they were talking about (vs the 80% who wanted Henne gone). Go figure
    Quote Quote  

5. -245
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    QBR would all be fine and dandy if indeed he played an entire season at a 90 QBR clip... I would also agree that if he did so, we would win 10-13 games as another poster said.

fact of the matter is he has played 8 games, and 4 of them have been over a 75 QBR some as high as 147, and 133, and the other half (4)... have been under 75 QBR.. some as low as 41 and 58......

IF he had been playing at the aforementioned 90QBR clip, we wouldn't have this thread. but he hasnt' been. and we are.
    Quote Quote  

6. -246
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Welcome to FH where you get dug into a position and find it impossible to admit you're wrong ("the Junk Principle"). Hell there are still a few who're arguing that the 90% of the fan base wanting the guy now bounced out of Denver with the 61 lifetime 3rd down QBR rating who won 4 out of his last 14 didn't know what they were talking about (vs the 80% who wanted Henne gone). Go figure
    is this somehow different than matt moores career 4th quarter, 54.5 QBR???? just curious.
    Quote Quote  

7. -247

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    is this somehow different than matt moores career 4th quarter, 54.5 QBR???? just curious.
    well considering one guy's started 66 games with 33 of those games on a champion contender while the other less than 1/3rd of that for sub .500 teams, I'd say the former is considerably more statistically meaningful than the latter

although I'd still like to see a cite on the latter.

The Orton delusions die hard, it's amazing

Quote Quote  

8. -248
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I'm not an orton advocate at all... I know of him and I'm pretty sure he went to south east polk high school which is right down the road. Not a orton fan at all.

I got my info straight from yahoo if your wondering.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...YF?year=career

I'm not sure why you would think I just make stats up... and I can't help the fact that one guys career is longer than the others dude... I really can't. I just got curious when you came out with a situational stat and looked up moores career numbers. I'm particularly unimpressed with his 3rd down and 3-7 yards to go QBR since QBR is the new big thing around here. Furthermore, I am underwhelmed with how he starts a game, 77.2 QBR and how he finishes a game 54.5 QBR... further cementing my opinion that we still need to fix the qb position. he's a much better qb from a QBR standpoint, when ahead than when trailing... also another redflag when talking Franchise guys...

If you look at his interception breakdown, he throws most of his int's on 1st and 3rd down. His 2 minute drill numbers are particularly underwhelming as well. Much of the reasons why a lot of guys aren't exclaiming the long term answer at qb for the franchise.

If you really look at those career numbers, I can't possibly see how any rational dude, can say, he's got it... Maybe he CAN do it, but than at the same time, you could have that opinion with just about anybody couldn't you? additionally, I don't see how anyone can say he has Earned the right to start next year... I don't think he has earned ****. 3-5?? since when does that garner a guy a promotion?
    I think he should compete legitamately next year for a starters spot, and I think with a new regime that isn't tied to any one guy, he'll get a fair shake at competition.
    Quote Quote  

9. -249
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    taking it a step further just to point it out, for a guy who hasn't played much he sure does take a lot of sacks and fumble a ton... most of his sacks all come on 1, 2, and 3rd down with 6+ yards to go.

jury is still out though I guess. I already said I'd give him the rest of the season to judge, but I'm left very underwhelmed to this point. that 3 game stretch was nice, but as his career numbers show, he's a much better qb with a lead, and we don't have a defense that is going to pitch a shutout or hold opponents to 10 points or less all season... we just don't.
    Quote Quote  

10. -250
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love how everyone is focused on the QB for this loss. Seems that defense and coaching got a free pass. I think the defense is as much to blame as anything.

Also, I think that by the time we end this season after playing the tough schedule ahead, we will know all we need to know about Matt Moore. We won't have to have 24 page debates. He will either prove himself or not.
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote