Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore is easily the MVP

1. -51
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by beanh8er View Post
    We were doing that after his first start. Oh how long ago that game feels like.
    Moore's bad day, is a great day for Henne

SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    imo a lot of that though has been scheme driven success...yeah moore has made the throws but a lot of our success of late has been some damn intuitive play design...other than the run reggie bush up the middle in the tight red zone repeatedly which baffles the mind but whatev
    To me IMO that shows that the staff trusts Moore a hell of alot more than they did Henne.

Henne never was succseful in the redzone, now all a sudden Moore comes in and we strat scoring alot more TDs than FGs, shows alot about how much better Moore is than Henne
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    point was to all the fans here who thought they HAD their franchise QB.

Some people, not mentioning names even called him the best QB since marino in miami. WTF?!?! lmao.
    He has not proven anything, but this is his fourth game with a QB rating of 99 or more. He did not play badly, but he did not play well enough to win. This is one of those rare occasions were the team with a negative QB rating differential actually wins. Moore missed two big throws near the end of the game. His accuracy problems prevented a potential touchdown to Hartline and the game winning third down to Bess. I have no problems with him as the starting QB next year. Do not confuse this endorsement as a belief that he is the franchise QB. It just means he should be a winning QB for us next year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I knew there would be these knee-jerk reactions. The sad thing is Moore played a solid game. It was a total team loss.

I just knew though some of you would come in here after 1 game and all of a sudden denounce him when he actually played a decent game.

He didn't play good bad enough to lose. But the fact remains, when he needed to make a clutch throw on that last drive he missed it.

It's a shame, because a solid performance has some believing this is proof that he stinks.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i thought moore was ok...nothing special...i mean you can't miss some of those throws at this level...you can't...they're the difference between winning and losing...and maybe i'm the only one but i've seen evidence of him missing easy throws each of the last 3 games...i don't care what the qb rating or whatever that garbage was you get an easy completion and can move the chains you need to stick it...

and you can't take some of those sacks either...i know he's mobile and all but when the floodgates open and you have time you need to throw the ball into the endzone stands
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i thought moore was ok...nothing special...i mean you can't miss some of those throws at this level...you can't...they're the difference between winning and losing...and maybe i'm the only one but i've seen evidence of him missing easy throws each of the last 3 games...i don't care what the qb rating or whatever that garbage was you get an easy completion and can move the chains you need to stick it...

and you can't take some of those sacks either...i know he's mobile and all but when the floodgates open and you have time you need to throw the ball into the endzone stands
    I can agree with that.

But every QB has games like that. The question is whether this is the norm or not. We can't have a QB missing plays like that that would seal the game. BUt at the same time, a QB will miss those throws from time to time. They all do. They just don't do it on a weekly basis.

So I can live with this 1 game in an overall impressive 4 game span, because he did lead what should have been the game winning scoring drive. He just couldn't kill the clock. So to me, his play didn't cost us the game. It's just a shame he had to be in that position. Regardless, he didn't make the throw at the most important time in the game.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This thread, and whole message forum at times, is stupid. Why anyone would thump their chests for being right about what they post on a silly fan message board is beyond me. Most reasonable fans think Matt Moore is better than Chad Henne, anyone who does not think that is an idiot. Most fans like what they've seen from Moore to the point where they'd like to see him as the backup next year or maybe the guy who starts until the GUY WE DRAFT is ready. For some reason to other fans those guys have already bought tickets to Matt Moore's hall of fame induction. The extremes are ridiculous. I'm willing to bet 95% of this site wold love to see Andrew Luck in a fins uniform next season but getting excited about 0 - 16 at 0 - 7 is dumb, especially if you've seen the Colts play this year. Us getting the #1 overall pick was a pipe dream and I'm shocked that all the extremely smart posters here really thought that was a realistic possiblity, that is laughable.

Now call me delusional, and I'm sure most will, but I saw 2 playoff teams battling it out there today and we just came up short. The gift TD (Moore fumble) and the failure to capitalize on the early INT's were the killers. Those 2 INT's should have been back breakers. We blew those oppurtunities big time. Back to what I said, did anyone watch the early game? That looked a lot more like a playoff team and a ****ty team facing off then our game did. It's a shame this team got off to such a slow start this year and obviously many people will have to pay for that. I just love how the Moore haters were in hibernation for 3 weeks and now they have pounced. Being right is soooo exhilerating.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    tony did not let moore play when it was time to kill
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GRYPHONK View Post
    I can agree with that.

But every QB has games like that. The question is whether this is the norm or not. We can't have a QB missing plays like that that would seal the game. BUt at the same time, a QB will miss those throws from time to time. They all do. They just don't do it on a weekly basis.

So I can live with this 1 game in an overall impressive 4 game span, because he did lead what should have been the game winning scoring drive. He just couldn't kill the clock. So to me, his play didn't cost us the game. It's just a shame he had to be in that position. Regardless, he didn't make the throw at the most important time in the game.
    i think the ball placement and accuracy issues with moore is just a part of the package...as in over the long haul they'll be here to stay...too much evidence already for me to think anything different

that said barring a luck or barkley i would go into 2012 with him as my starter...no doubt
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    To me IMO that shows that the staff trusts Moore a hell of alot more than they did Henne.

Henne never was succseful in the redzone, now all a sudden Moore comes in and we strat scoring alot more TDs than FGs, shows alot about how much better Moore is than Henne

or is shows a lot about how our defense can shut down offenses that are sliding and struggling or coming off big monday night wins, and our offense can put up points on average or below average teams. we faced a team today that was above average, and we couldn't score touchdowns. thats really the bottom line.
    Quote Quote