Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 266

Thread: Matt Moore is easily the MVP

  1. -81
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    72
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    Moore will impress me, when he can beat a team that is even mediocre and has a half way decent defense.
    So if the ST unit blocks Bailey's kick last night, it completely changes your (and other critics') opinion of Moore's QB abilities because in that scenario 'he' beat the Cowboys?

    There's some real nutty logic on these forums sometimes.

    He did enough to win us the game last night. Yes he made mistakes, but he also gave us a very good shot on the road against a side who are play-offs bound.

    It amazes me that so many 'fans' are desperate to see someone in a Phins uni fail. If we draft, say, Barkley and he goes 0-4 in his first few games will we be equally quick to chuck him on the bonfire too?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    67Stang's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    6,157
    vCash:
    2608
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzhiyi View Post
    So if the ST unit blocks Bailey's kick last night, it completely changes your (and other critics') opinion of Moore's QB abilities because in that scenario 'he' beat the Cowboys?

    There's some real nutty logic on these forums sometimes.

    He did enough to win us the game last night. Yes he made mistakes, but he also gave us a very good shot on the road against a side who are play-offs bound.

    It amazes me that so many 'fans' are desperate to see someone in a Phins uni fail. If we draft, say, Barkley and he goes 0-4 in his first few games will we be equally quick to chuck him on the bonfire too?
    So you ask a question and then you insinuate how people are going to answer. LMAO. No he didn't do enough to win, that much is pretty obvious to most. He didn't take advantage of early turnovers and great field posistion, then he turns the ball over inside our 10 with a minute to go. We should have been up between 17-21 points at the half and had them by the balls, instead we were losing because of Moore. We were 0-4 in the redzone, that is not playing well enough to win. Then he couldn't make the plays to close the game and run the clock. Matt Moore in no way, shape, or form played well enough to win this game. The D gave him multiple opportunities to put this game away, and he payed them back by giving Dallas the ball with plenty of time needing only a field goal to win. Pretty simple and straight forward.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,054
    vCash:
    7029
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    So 0-4 in the Redzone, inability to take advantage of turnovers and fumbling inside your own 10 to give the other team a TD with a minute to go in the half is decent? Ya, ok.
    This is the first time I've ever seen you put up redzone stats up for a qb, yet you were the biggest Henne supporter on this site. Atleast stay consistent




    SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    Vaark's Avatar
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,249
    vCash:
    12759
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    Because all the Luck Suckers are still pouting we are not winless. They would rather be the embarrassment of the league. Now they are knee jerk reacting because we barely lost one game to a team that will be a division winner.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually all the Luck slurping is the result of getting drunk off the media Koolaid... as he beat the equivalent of cupcake teams having 2nd and 3rd tier h.s. recruits with a combined sub .400 winning record. If anything if we're talking about symbolic homosexual acts to get a QB, it should have been "Blow for Barkley" as he beat a better quality of opponents including Oregon and ND with a combined approximate .450 winning record. Hell, Luck's own dad, who's partial managed to concede that they're about equal.

    I'm wondering if Baltimore is ready to look at Tyrod Taylor after Flacco even in a win, more or less crapped the bed again. Surely the other Harbaugh has to be ready to take a look at Colin Kaepernick since Smith with a lot more starts than Moore's 20 really crapped the bed. Matt Stafford? Hope Drew Stanton's warming up in the bull pen.



    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    67Stang's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    6,157
    vCash:
    2608
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    This is the first time I've ever seen you put up redzone stats up for a qb, yet you were the biggest Henne supporter on this site. Atleast stay consistent

    Yet another guy who brings up Henne, when Henne is not a part of this equation....but thanks for making my point yet again that this is all you have to fall back on.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    DolfanISS's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    7,729
    vCash:
    6589
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    We played a team that didn't suck today, even though they are far from elite and lost. The biggest problem and reason we lost was because of the QB..... one making a huge mistake and 2 inability to convert in the redzone.
    The Patriots lost in week 3 to Buffalo becuase their QB threw 4 picks.
    The 2004 Patriots were 10-2 and they lost to a 2-10 Miami team because their QB threw 4 picks.
    The 2009 Colts lost the Super Bowl becuase their QB threw an untimely INT.

    I agree with you 100% when you say you'd like to see Moore beat a playoff team before you can believe in him fully. But even the best of the best have games where the loss is on them. The gift TD and not jumping out to an early lead following the INT's were back breakers today I'm with you there. Moore did make plays and got us the lead despite of his mistakes. At the end of the day we lost to a playoff team in their house by 1 point and finheaven wants to change everything. The first 7 games were a disaster, I blame the coaching staff for not having the team ready and not starting Moore from week one because even with his deficiencies only an idiot wouldn't be able to see he's the best QB we have on our roster.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    30,141
    vCash:
    18528
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Actually all the Luck slurping is the result of getting drunk off the media Koolaid... as he beat the equivalent of cupcake teams having 2nd and 3rd tier h.s. recruits with a combined sub .400 winning record. If anything if we're talking about symbolic homosexual acts to get a QB, it should have been "Blow for Barkley" as he beat a better quality of opponents including Oregon and ND with a combined approximate .450 winning record. Hell, Luck's own dad, who's partial managed to concede that they're about equal.

    I'm wondering if Baltimore is ready to look at Tyrod Taylor after Flacco even in a win, more or less crapped the bed again. Surely the other Harbaugh has to be ready to take a look at Colin Kaepernick since Smith with a lot more starts than Moore's 20 really crapped the bed. Matt Stafford? Hope Drew Stanton's warming up in the bull pen.

    flacco did not crap the bed yesterday...that san fran d is legit and he made some plays...enough to win the game...he's got a little more check down in him than i like in my qb but ray rice destroys people underneath in the short dump off passing game...flacco was solid yesterday...threw a seed to pitta in the red zone that was a beautiful td

    and had kaepernick gotten run under that awful pass pro yesterday given the way he holds the ball out in traffic that game would have been a blow out...kaep would have fumbled the rock at least 3 times given that pressure...kaep blows
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    30,141
    vCash:
    18528
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    Once again inaccurate. I NEVER advocated losing on purpose for Luck. I was on the bandwagon to draft him if we ended up that way. And at that point Henne was playing and I was very vocal we needed a different QB. But Moore had never played at that point. My two points are and have been:

    1. This team needs several more pieces. If Matt Moore does not play better than he did today, then I say we get the best QB possible in the draft.
    2. If he continues to play as well the remainder of the way as he has prior to today, I think he is a solid starter you can win with. You still draft a QB though for the future and if Moore backslides.
    3. This team does not have to lose to get one of the coveted QBs. Its called TRADE. It happens all the time. Jets did it for buttfumble, Giants did it for Eli. If this team wants one of those QBs they will go get them.
    4. I do not think you THROW games or route for the team to lose to get ONE player. The other players on this team have to be measured and judged. You can not do that unless you play them hard and to win. Unless you think Luck is also going to block, tackle, catch the ball and run the ball.

    .....I'm just sayin
    well then my apologies...

    but i think there's a point here that many of you guys are missing...you make it sound like to trade up and get our qb is gonna be so damn easy...well i got news for you guys to trade up for a barkley if he comes out there is gonna be competition...and plenty of it...so you'll be in a bidding war...the teams that can't get a sniff on luck are gonna immediately turn their attention to barkley and what it takes to getting up to where they can land him...the higher we pick in this draft the better our chances to put together a package that a team in trade will accept and the less resources we have to part with to get there...

    i'm just sayin...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    Vaark's Avatar
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,249
    vCash:
    12759
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    flacco did not crap the bed yesterday...that san fran d is legit and he made some plays...enough to win the game...he's got a little more check down in him than i like in my qb but ray rice destroys people underneath in the short dump off passing game...flacco was solid yesterday...threw a seed to pitta in the red zone that was a beautiful td

    and had kaepernick gotten run under that awful pass pro yesterday given the way he holds the ball out in traffic that game would have been a blow out...kaep would have fumbed the rock at least 3 times given that pressure...kaep blows
    Well Moore did leave points on the table, as did Romo, but if factoring in quality of opponent, specifically a team that's peaking and is more than a cut above average, he came back to put his team in a position to win if our vaunted D would have held. Also, he's not the one who missed that FG. No debating that.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    2413fanphins's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,599
    vCash:
    2290
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by nyashfan View Post
    Why does it feel, because Moore could've made a few more plays today, that the common opinion is that he has already reached his ceiling? Chad Henne had 30 starts. Where would Moore be after 30 starts? His need to throw the ball away or run when the opportunity is there is certainly coachable. He certainly doesn't take the bait and throw games away. Romo made some amazing plays today, but doesn't any one remember the multiple boneheaded plays he made that cost Dallas wins against the Jets and Lions?
    I'm not sure if you know this or not, but matt moore played in his 30th game yesterday, and while I'm not sure he started all of them, I think he has. Unless of course you are going to tell me he needs 30 starts as a dolphin for us to see what he can do, to which I would ask... why?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Matt Ryan or Matt Moore?
    By dolpns13 in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 07:19 AM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
  3. Matt Moore>Matt Flynn
    By rdksek844 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 09:11 AM
  4. Matt Flynn Vs Matt Moore thread
    By mia4ever in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 03:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •