Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 122

Thread: QB is all we need

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,369
    vCash:
    2742
    Thanks / No Thanks

    QB is all we need

    Let's take a look at some "genius" head coaches:

    Bill Belichick
    Record before Tom Brady 41-56 0 Super Bowls
    Record after Tom Brady 125-37 3 Super Bowl Championships 4 Appearances

    Mike Shanahan
    Record with John Elway 46-10 7-1 in the playoffs 2 Super Bowl Championships
    Record without John Elway 100-95 1-4 in the playoffs

    Bill Cowher (one of our supposed "saviors")
    Record before Roethlisberger (I'll even count the seasons he was getting good QB play between O' Donnell and Kordell Stewart) 115-75 Playoff Record 7-8 1 Super Bowl Appearence
    Record with Roethlisberger 34-14 Playoff Record 5-1 1 Super Bowl Championship
    (Another factor you must consider is that Pittsburgh has retained the same philosophy in the front office for the entirety of their existence and out of their 3 Head Coaches they have never had a losing record, another check in the box of what really matters in the NFL CONTINUITY! But also notice Cowher could never get over the hump until he got Big Ben)

    John Gruden (Another so called "savior")
    Record with Rich Gannon and 1 Pro Bowl year from Brad Johnson 42- 22 Playoff Record 5-2 1 Super Bowl Championship
    Record without either 45-51 Playoff Record 0-2


    Now let's look at Tony Sparano
    Record with Chad Pennington 11-5 1 AFC East Championship
    Record without Chad Pennington 17-24


    So do you guys still think head coach is what we need to change?? I believe he's proven he can do a good job with a good QB. Even with a weak roster that was coming off a 1-15 season, he was able to lead us to the playoffs.

    So "why hasn't he or Ireland got a QB to follow up Penny??"
    Well they drafted Chad Henne, who was brought into action in his second year. Henne had a winning record in his first year as a starter, and showed a ton of promise. Last year, Henne struggled, and alot of his struggles could be chalked up to a terrible offensive system. So coming into this year there was uncertainty surrounding Henne. This was his make or break year, and unfortunately despite showing a ton of promise, he broke his collarbone and probably lost any shot of ever being the Dolphins starting QB ever again.

    Henne probably isn't the answer, despite his improvement this year he still showed he had trouble converting touchdowns in the red zone. He's a great 20-20 QB, but those guys don't win you games. You can bet our front office, and Sparano know this too.

    So now let's look at where we stand, we're having a losing season this year despite playing highly competitive football on a week to week basis. Many of you want to chalk the losses up to Sparano, I'd say a good QB would solve our problems.

    KEEP Sparano, DRAFT one of the stud QBs coming out, RESIGN Matt Moore, transition from him to the rookie QB whenever we feel the rookie is ready...that could be week 1 of next year, it could be week 1 of 2013.

    The players have bought into Sparano, and our team is well coached despite what many of you think.

    Look, I understand alot of you are pissed and hate losing; trust me I do too. You all feel someone needs to pay for this, and I get it. But that person shouldn't be Sparano, despite being undercut by Parcells last year, and Ross this year his players still play hard for him and that's all you can ask for in a head coach; I believe now that he's in charge of hiring coordinators he has the right people in place w/ Daboll and Nolan. Get him a QB, and we'll be in a Super Bowl, I guarantee it.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    endorPHINS72's Avatar
    Restore the greatness!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    4,433
    vCash:
    3395
    Loc:
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Since you mentioned this in another thread, you really didn't need to start another.







    Ricky Williams: the greatest back in Miami Dolphins history


    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,369
    vCash:
    2742
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I delved far deeper into the thought on this thread because it is a huge point that deserves its own thread
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,589
    vCash:
    18060
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry, but I was on the ropes as soon as seeing that you've already made your point elsewhere but decided to start still another thread on the self-perception of important, novel and original content.

    .. as if that wasn't enough, I bailed out after reading that Sparano is the best coach for this team







    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,369
    vCash:
    2742
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Sorry, but I was on the ropes as soon as seeing that you've already made your point elsewhere but decided to start still another thread on the self-perception of important, novel and original content.

    .. as if that wasn't enough, I bailed out after reading that Sparano is the best coach for this team
    Oh I see, so you conveniently avoid reading the real substance in the post because you don't have a good argument against it, so instead you try to attack me for holding an opinion that's inconsistent with yours. You could be a politician.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,589
    vCash:
    18060
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Oh I see, so you conveniently avoid reading the real substance in the post because you don't have a good argument against it, so instead you try to attack me for holding an opinion that's inconsistent with yours. You could be a politician.
    For the record, what I attacked was your post, but the fact that you're taking it personally just confirms my first impressions. I've said time and again how Tony is beyond redemption as he's defended an awful OC by throwing his players under the bus for poor execution, that it takes nationally televised humiliations to goad hiim into firing his coaches, that he makes the same boneheaded field management and judgment mistakes over again which would suggest he's far from the sharpest tool in the shed and that he' reeks from the stench of spoiled Tuna which needs to be fumigated. But relevantly, you don't see me starting superfluous, redundant threads spouting what most everyone knows to be true especially considering there are ample existing ones to jump onto without being the center of attention.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,369
    vCash:
    2742
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    For the record, what I attacked was your post, but the fact that you're taking it personally just confirms my first impressions. I've said time and again how Tony is beyond redemption as he's defended an awful OC by throwing his players under the bus for poor execution, that it takes nationally televised humiliations to goad hiim into firing his coaches, that he makes the same boneheaded field management and judgment mistakes over again which would suggest he's far from the sharpest tool in the shed and that he' reeks from the stench of spoiled Tuna which needs to be fumigated. But relevantly, you don't see me starting superfluous, redundant threads spouting what most everyone knows to be true especially considering there are ample existing ones to jump onto without being the center of attention.
    Tony's mistakes are on par with the type of judgement errors Belichick makes, but the difference is of course he has a QB to win the games they need so those mistakes aren't amplified as much.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,038
    vCash:
    2512
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Tony's mistakes are on par with the type of judgement errors Belichick makes, but the difference is of course he has a QB to win the games they need so those mistakes aren't amplified as much.
    Hilarious.

    Dont fire a proven bad coach, instead just go out and find a hall of fame quarterback! Why didnt we see it all sooner! I see no holes in this plan.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    BG12DM13CP10's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    465
    vCash:
    1710
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Moore? I thought you said we need a QB. Just great! 2011 all over again. Sparoano has to win again, and trying to transition to the rookie oxymoron.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,369
    vCash:
    2742
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Matt Moore? I thought you said we need a QB. Just great! 2011 all over again. Sparoano has to win again, and trying to transition to the rookie oxymoron.
    The reason I brought up Matt Moore is because he seems to be a serviceable QB who will be a great backup, and can probably lead us to a winning season just in case the rookie we draft isn't ready next year. Now that our roster is as good as it is, we could still make the playoffs with a guy like Matt Moore...
    Quote Quote  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •