Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: QB is all we need

1. -31
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    He's also proven he can lead this team to failure. 7-9, 7-9, now 3-8. Thats a bad coach. 1 decent season(which ended in a first round playoff blowout) does not mean he can have 3 horrible seasons.

As far as the quarterback excuse is being thrown around: Tony Sparano decided that Chad Henne was his franchise quarterback. He was wrong. He deserves to lose his job based on that if nothing else. The losing seasons, horrible starting line-up decisions, and horrific game day mistakes are simply icing on the cake.

Tony Sparano opened this season with a handpicked coaching staff, with a draft and free agent period that he had say over(he had say in previous years to, but this was more official as it was written into his contract), and started the season with "his guy" at quarterback. The result was an 0-7 start and a 3-8 record. The man has had 4 years to clean up this mess. He has failed to do so.

Any excuse you want to throw up is completely undermined by the fact that we are 3-8. There are no moral victories in the NFL. We are a bad team being lead by a bad coach. You have provided no proof that Sparano can succeed on this team other then stating "other bad coaches have had success in the past with good quarterbacks". Fact is, Sparano had multiple chances to get a good quarterback. In usual fashion, he couldn't evaluate the talent on his team or in the draft correctly and it lead to failure.
    But he's 3-0 in games where we ended up with more points than the opponent!

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGsharp View Post
    You criticized Vaark earlier for attacking your post because it was a different opinion than yours. Now, you call someone a retard for having a different opinion than yours. Hypocrite much?

Also, can you really say with a straight face that the mistakes Sparano makes are similar to the ones that Belichick makes? Is Belichick constantly outcoached in the second half of games like Sparano is? We must be watching two different NFLs.

For every team you mentioned that has stayed consistent with their coaches, I can name a team that improved after firing their coaches for another.
    If you can than do it, in most arguments it takes solid evidence to prove your stance
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    He's also proven he can lead this team to failure. 7-9, 7-9, now 3-8. Thats a bad coach. 1 decent season(which ended in a first round playoff blowout) does not mean he can have 3 horrible seasons.

As far as the quarterback excuse is being thrown around: Tony Sparano decided that Chad Henne was his franchise quarterback. He was wrong. He deserves to lose his job based on that if nothing else. The losing seasons, horrible starting line-up decisions, and horrific game day mistakes are simply icing on the cake.

Tony Sparano opened this season with a handpicked coaching staff, with a draft and free agent period that he had say over(he had say in previous years to, but this was more official as it was written into his contract), and started the season with "his guy" at quarterback. The result was an 0-7 start and a 3-8 record. The man has had 4 years to clean up this mess. He has failed to do so.

Any excuse you want to throw up is completely undermined by the fact that we are 3-8. There are no moral victories in the NFL. We are a bad team being lead by a bad coach. You have provided no proof that Sparano can succeed on this team other then stating "other bad coaches have had success in the past with good quarterbacks". Fact is, Sparano had multiple chances to get a good quarterback. In usual fashion, he couldn't evaluate the talent on his team or in the draft correctly and it lead to failure.
    This is a tough season to judge by, the owner went and courted another coach in the offseason, and another QB, so basically Sparano and Henne were undermined coming into the season; then we had a short offseason to put in a brand new offense; with 2 new RBs and a whole new starting right side of the O line. Henne showed signs in his first year and even last year that he could be our franchise QB...and Tony did not pick him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bottom-line for me: if Tony took the Wonderlic, I'd be surprised if he ended up doing any better than 50% of his players and coaches. Now Cowher, Gruden, Belicheat, the Harbaughs, Tomlin etc, would more likely net out in the upper quartile. Do you really want a HC who's not much sharper than most of his players aside from Marshall and Incognito? Not me!

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGsharp View Post
    You criticized Vaark earlier for attacking your post because it was a different opinion than yours. Now, you call someone a retard for having a different opinion than yours. Hypocrite much?

Also, can you really say with a straight face that the mistakes Sparano makes are similar to the ones that Belichick makes? Is Belichick constantly outcoached in the second half of games like Sparano is? We must be watching two different NFLs.

For every team you mentioned that has stayed consistent with their coaches, I can name a team that improved after firing their coaches for another.

Another thing, I back up all of my posts with real evidence that makes sense, and not just heresay. I was mad at Vaark because he attacked my original thesis without reading the supporting evidence
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Bottom-line for me: if Tony took the Wonderlic, I'd be surprised if he ended up doing any better than 50% of his players and coaches. Now Cowher, Gruden, Belicheat, the Harbaughs, Tomlin etc, would more likely net out in the upper quartile. Do you really want a HC who's not much sharper than most of his players aside from Marshall and Incognito? Not me!
    Where do you get this? Tony's players, and colleagues have all mentioned how smart of a football guy he is. I think your being racist against italians, which is not very nice. Just because his last name is Sparano doesn't mean he shares the intelligence level of a Jersey Shore cast member. Grow up
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Where do you get this? Tony's players, and colleagues have all mentioned how smart of a football guy he is. I think your being racist against italians, which is not very nice. Just because his last name is Sparano doesn't mean he shares the intelligence level of a Jersey Shore cast member. Grow up
    that's very interesting since half my family is.. but if the truth be told: If not wanting short bus head coaches on my favorite team, then definitely call me a racist.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    As good as any but better than most

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    If you can than do it, in most arguments it takes solid evidence to prove your stance
    Oh, I'm sorry, I just assumed you followed the NFL.

In the past 5 years alone off the top of my head:

Jets (Rex Ryan)
    49ers (Jim Harbaugh)
    Falcons (Mike Smith) * Who started the same year as Sparano. Now compare the Falcons and Dolphins success.
    Lions (Jim Shwartz)
    Cowboys (Jason Garret)

These teams had poor records before being taken over. And if you tell me they had a QB and we need one too, well then, you might as well state that water is a liquid. All the great teams have good head coach/QB combos.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=TonyGsharp;1064114172]Oh, I'm sorry, I just assumed you followed the NFL.

In the past 5 years alone off the top of my head:

Jets (Rex Ryan)
    Started off with a playoff caliber roster, and they might not make the playoffs in year 3

49ers (Jim Harbaugh)
    Let the season end before you crown him, just as much as we've gotten unlucky they've gotten lucky. Remember when Josh McDaniels started hot with Denver, and then lost most of the rest of his games? San Fran is a one and done playoff team at best. Again, he took over a extremely talented roster as well.

Falcons (Mike Smith) * Who started the same year as Sparano. Now compare the Falcons and Dolphins success.
    Matt Ryan. Period. Matt Ryan isn't the greatest, and I'm glad we took Jake Long ahead of him. But he has been a great game manager.

Lions (Jim Shwartz)
    Last I checked Jim Shwartz hasn't even been to the playoffs? Probably wont' go this year either.

Cowboys (Jason Garret)
    Again, last I checked he hasn't done **** yet. But, assuming he does this year, he does have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

These teams had poor records before being taken over. And if you tell me they had a QB and we need one too, well then, you might as well state that water is a liquid. All the great teams have good head coach/QB combos.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Uruguayan fin lover

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought all we need is love. Apart from that, i think a new coach will give us a nice push if we can get a competent one. I don't hate sparano, in fact i think he's a fine guy, but he's been too many years without showing anything that may lead us to win a superbowl.

A QB would be a good addition as well obviously, we should be wise when picking though.
    The quarterbacks clap and Philbin rises. "I have to leave on a high note," he says, "like George Costanza."
    Quote Quote