Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: QB is all we need

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    For the record, what I attacked was your post, but the fact that you're taking it personally just confirms my first impressions. I've said time and again how Tony is beyond redemption as he's defended an awful OC by throwing his players under the bus for poor execution, that it takes nationally televised humiliations to goad hiim into firing his coaches, that he makes the same boneheaded field management and judgment mistakes over again which would suggest he's far from the sharpest tool in the shed and that he' reeks from the stench of spoiled Tuna which needs to be fumigated. But relevantly, you don't see me starting superfluous, redundant threads spouting what most everyone knows to be true especially considering there are ample existing ones to jump onto without being the center of attention.
    Tony's mistakes are on par with the type of judgement errors Belichick makes, but the difference is of course he has a QB to win the games they need so those mistakes aren't amplified as much.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Just a Dolphins Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice post. I dont view EVERY post, so, I liked the records of these coaches.
    Although, I do not agree with keeping Tony.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Let's take a look at some "genius" head coaches:

Bill Belichick
    Record before Tom Brady 41-56 0 Super Bowls
    Record after Tom Brady 125-37 3 Super Bowl Championships 4 Appearances

Mike Shanahan
    Record with John Elway 46-10 7-1 in the playoffs 2 Super Bowl Championships
    Record without John Elway 100-95 1-4 in the playoffs

Bill Cowher (one of our supposed "saviors")
    Record before Roethlisberger (I'll even count the seasons he was getting good QB play between O' Donnell and Kordell Stewart) 115-75 Playoff Record 7-8 1 Super Bowl Appearence
    Record with Roethlisberger 34-14 Playoff Record 5-1 1 Super Bowl Championship
    (Another factor you must consider is that Pittsburgh has retained the same philosophy in the front office for the entirety of their existence and out of their 3 Head Coaches they have never had a losing record, another check in the box of what really matters in the NFL CONTINUITY! But also notice Cowher could never get over the hump until he got Big Ben)

John Gruden (Another so called "savior")
    Record with Rich Gannon and 1 Pro Bowl year from Brad Johnson 42- 22 Playoff Record 5-2 1 Super Bowl Championship
    Record without either 45-51 Playoff Record 0-2

Now let's look at Tony Sparano
    Record with Chad Pennington 11-5 1 AFC East Championship
    Record without Chad Pennington 17-24

So do you guys still think head coach is what we need to change?? I believe he's proven he can do a good job with a good QB. Even with a weak roster that was coming off a 1-15 season, he was able to lead us to the playoffs.

So "why hasn't he or Ireland got a QB to follow up Penny??"
    Well they drafted Chad Henne, who was brought into action in his second year. Henne had a winning record in his first year as a starter, and showed a ton of promise. Last year, Henne struggled, and alot of his struggles could be chalked up to a terrible offensive system. So coming into this year there was uncertainty surrounding Henne. This was his make or break year, and unfortunately despite showing a ton of promise, he broke his collarbone and probably lost any shot of ever being the Dolphins starting QB ever again.

Henne probably isn't the answer, despite his improvement this year he still showed he had trouble converting touchdowns in the red zone. He's a great 20-20 QB, but those guys don't win you games. You can bet our front office, and Sparano know this too.

So now let's look at where we stand, we're having a losing season this year despite playing highly competitive football on a week to week basis. Many of you want to chalk the losses up to Sparano, I'd say a good QB would solve our problems.

KEEP Sparano, DRAFT one of the stud QBs coming out, RESIGN Matt Moore, transition from him to the rookie QB whenever we feel the rookie is ready...that could be week 1 of next year, it could be week 1 of 2013.

The players have bought into Sparano, and our team is well coached despite what many of you think.

Look, I understand alot of you are pissed and hate losing; trust me I do too. You all feel someone needs to pay for this, and I get it. But that person shouldn't be Sparano, despite being undercut by Parcells last year, and Ross this year his players still play hard for him and that's all you can ask for in a head coach; I believe now that he's in charge of hiring coordinators he has the right people in place w/ Daboll and Nolan. Get him a QB, and we'll be in a Super Bowl, I guarantee it.
    i agree with you completly . you should do a break down of the "hard-nose" type coaches who have won superbowls - there are a ton.

i also think tony tried to change his philosophy this year in more ways than one which is why players had too much "fun" at practice early in the year. just alot of things stacked against the guy.

and while i completely agree with you - and wish we could keep sparano etc. i think blood is in the water and he is def gone right after the last game. that being said, i think we can still do well with a hungry young coach who demands accountability and brings a new energy to the team. just dont "blow it up"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Jim harbaugh says otherwise. Alex smith is a good QB but Jim harbaugh is a great coach
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Go Fins!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SoFlo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your right. If we had a QB that can produce 25-40 points a game like Rodgers, our CURRENT defense would be enough to take us deep into the playoffs THIS year. Unfortunately, there are very few QBs in the league than can do that. This offense has so many weapons its unreal... Any above average coaching staff (this coaching staff is certainly in the bottom 5) could have this team a serious contender... That's how much talent this team has. Our D can hold a team to a small number of points consistently, our offense just doesn't produce enough. Been like this for a long time....

Without a doubt a top QB puts this team seriously over the top even with Sparano as the coach.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaSh View Post
    Your right. If we had a QB that can produce 25-40 points a game like Rodgers, our CURRENT defense would be enough to take us deep into the playoffs THIS year. Unfortunately, there are very few QBs in the league than can do that. This offense has so many weapons its unreal... Any above average coaching staff (this coaching staff is certainly in the bottom 5) could have this team a serious contender... That's how much talent this team has. Our D can hold a team to a small number of points consistently, our offense just doesn't produce enough. Been like this for a long time....

Without a doubt a top QB puts this team seriously over the top even with Sparano as the coach.
    We don't need that many points...in fact you know we have scored 5 more points than our opposition this year, we've just been unlucky, i think a better QB would change that luck...no pun intended
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiZFiT View Post
    Jim harbaugh says otherwise. Alex smith is a good QB but Jim harbaugh is a great coach
    let's see what happens I guarantee he won't win a super bowl w/ alex smith...the Ravens exposed the SF offense thursday night
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami went 11-5 because of an easy 1-15 schedule and the fact that the Wildcat took a lot of teams by surprise. Pennington was a decent game manager, but not a franchise QB. How did the WC go over in 2009? Hah! Three WC plays in the red zone for no yards and a FG... that was our offensive strategy. Now we have a different OC and what's the result? Reggie Bush up the middle twice for a loss in the red zone, a sack, and then a FG. Why can't we use our power running game to score on the goal line? Because Ireland/Sparano still can't put together a dominant o-line after 4 years. Well, surely a top-notch QB can score in the red zone against a good defense? Sure, but this team has had no interest in using top draft picks on a QB, ever. This is a mediocre team led by mediocre leadership that will never go beyond the occasional first round playoff loss. I blame Parcells, and anyone associated with, or brought in by him needs to be replaced.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Golden Flakes

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    First, no need to resign Moore. He is signed through the 2012 season. Second, no way Miami should keep Tony. He's a good person just not an ideal head coach. This team NEEDS a franchise QB. It's time they stop messing around.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They need more than a QB but they should do everything possible to get one of those top QBs this year including trading picks/players to move up
    Quote Quote