Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: QB is all we need

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    So for the record how many more seasons, QBs, coordinators, assistants, scouts, personnel, players, ball boys, cheerleaders, etc do we have to go through before you decide Sparano is a bad coach?
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One more QB, this will be his choice. If it doesn't work out then he has to go. I still don't think he's a bad coach regardless. He's shown me enough to prove that he is a good coach.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    One more QB, this will be his choice. If it doesn't work out then he has to go. I still don't think he's a bad coach regardless. He's shown me enough to prove that he is a good coach.
    So a rookie QB with a average of a 3yr development window?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    So a rookie QB with a average of a 3yr development window?
    You and I both know 1st round QBs don't take 3 years anymore, we'll have a good idea midway through year 2, maybe even year 1.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    If coaches dont matter, why the hard on for Tony and why care if we can him?

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    As good as any but better than most

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=WesternNYDolfan;1064114185]
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGsharp View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry, I just assumed you followed the NFL.

In the past 5 years alone off the top of my head:

Jets (Rex Ryan)
    Started off with a playoff caliber roster, and they might not make the playoffs in year 3

Playoff caliber because they acquired a bunch of good free agents after his arrival, and the fact that they might not make the playoffs this year is a moot point, because they still were vastly improved after a head coaching change which is the point you're not understanding.

49ers (Jim Harbaugh)
    Let the season end before you crown him, just as much as we've gotten unlucky they've gotten lucky. Remember when Josh McDaniels started hot with Denver, and then lost most of the rest of his games? San Fran is a one and done playoff team at best. Again, he took over a extremely talented roster as well.

A talented roster that couldn't have a winning season with a crappy head coach...hmm...reminds me of Tony Sparano. Still missing the point -- they are much improved with a new head coach and they've only lost two games.

Falcons (Mike Smith) * Who started the same year as Sparano. Now compare the Falcons and Dolphins success.
    Matt Ryan. Period. Matt Ryan isn't the greatest, and I'm glad we took Jake Long ahead of him. But he has been a great game manager.

LOL. Yeah, don't give any credit to the coach who also inherited a mess, just like Sparano, except placed more importance on the QB position. Smith has succeeded where Sparano has failed.

Lions (Jim Shwartz)
    Last I checked Jim Shwartz hasn't even been to the playoffs? Probably wont' go this year either.

Again, the point has been missed by you. Not saying they are a Super Bowl caliber team, but they are much improved, because like Smith, Shwartz doesn't get out coached as much as Sparano and he also placed importance on the QB position. An important thing that again, Sparano has failed to do.

Cowboys (Jason Garret)
    Again, last I checked he hasn't done **** yet. But, assuming he does this year, he does have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

Again, you miss the point. They are better now after making a coaching change. What, did you expect me to list 30 teams that have a good head coach but no talent whatsoever? Good talent and good head coaches are correlated. I hope I don't need to explain that one to you.These teams had poor records before being taken over. And if you tell me they had a QB and we need one too, well then, you might as well state that water is a liquid. All the great teams have good head coach/QB combos.
    Geez. You're an excuse machine, just like Sparano.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    As good as any but better than most

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You must not have high expectations then.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You and I both know 1st round QBs don't take 3 years anymore, we'll have a good idea midway through year 2, maybe even year 1.
    Aaron Rodgers?
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    If coaches dont matter, why the hard on for Tony and why care if we can him?
    I never said coaches don't matter. You need a coach that can get his players to play for him, and Tony does that.

My biggest reason for being so passionate about this subject is the fact that we need CONTINUITY! Period.

The more you switch your systems and overhaul your roster, you end up being like the Redskins, or the Raiders, or the Lions were

Look at Coughlin, the year they won the Super Bowl everyone was calling for him to be fired, but with Eli he got there and won it.

Look at Marvin Lewis this year. Finally got rid of the scrub that is Carson Palmer, drafted a good QB, and they are playing well, and look set up for years to come.

Continuity doesn't grab headlines, but it wins championships
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jets (Rex Ryan)
    Started off with a playoff caliber roster, and they might not make the playoffs in year 3

Playoff caliber because they acquired a bunch of good free agents after his arrival, and the fact that they might not make the playoffs this year is a moot point, because they still were vastly improved after a head coaching change which is the point you're not understanding.

David Harris was already there, Thomas Jones, Nick Mangold, Damion Woody, D’Brickshaw Ferguson, Darrell Revis, Kris Jenkins…Mangini got tossed because of the Favre fiasco. The real star of the Jets is their GM Tannebaum, that’s who’s acquired the talent. Rex Ryan continues to do everything he can to **** it up.

49ers (Jim Harbaugh)
    Let the season end before you crown him, just as much as we've gotten unlucky they've gotten lucky. Remember when Josh McDaniels started hot with Denver, and then lost most of the rest of his games? San Fran is a one and done playoff team at best. Again, he took over a extremely talented roster as well.

A talented roster that couldn't have a winning season with a crappy head coach...hmm...reminds me of Tony Sparano. Still missing the point -- they are much improved with a new head coach and they've only lost two games.

Oh were doing the first season with an underperforming team bump? Kinda like how Tony came to Miami and brought a 1-15 team to 11-5 and a playoff birth. I’m more impressed with that than Harbaugh’s horseshoe up his *** season.

Falcons (Mike Smith) * Who started the same year as Sparano. Now compare the Falcons and Dolphins success.
    Matt Ryan. Period. Matt Ryan isn't the greatest, and I'm glad we took Jake Long ahead of him. But he has been a great game manager.

LOL. Yeah, don't give any credit to the coach who also inherited a mess, just like Sparano, except placed more importance on the QB position. Smith has succeeded where Sparano has failed.

Smith, much like Sparano had little to no say on those decisions. BUT MIKE SMITH IS A CONSERVATIVE COACH WHO PLAYS NOT TO LOSE! You guys would hate him.

Lions (Jim Shwartz)
    Last I checked Jim Shwartz hasn't even been to the playoffs? Probably wont' go this year either.

Again, the point has been missed by you. Not saying they are a Super Bowl caliber team, but they are much improved, because like Smith, Shwartz doesn't get out coached as much as Sparano and he also placed importance on the QB position. An important thing that again, Sparano has failed to do.

The Dolphins are more improved under Sparano than the Lions are under Shwartz. Period. The Lions are free falling right now and will continue because Shwartz’s team is undisciplined. Line up his record and Sparano’s record if you will. Thanks.

Cowboys (Jason Garret)
    Again, last I checked he hasn't done **** yet. But, assuming he does this year, he does have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

Again, you miss the point. They are better now after making a coaching change. What, did you expect me to list 30 teams that have a good head coach but no talent whatsoever? Good talent and good head coaches are correlated. I hope I don't need to explain that one to you.These teams had poor records before being taken over. And if you tell me they had a QB and we need one too, well then, you might as well state that water is a liquid. All the great teams have good head coach/QB combos.

Yea, but the Dolphins had a poor record before Sparano took them over, and I’d argue that the Dolphins are more improved than any of these teams….Oh and the Jets didn’t have a poor record before Rex got there, The Cowboys were a year removed from the playoffs.
    BTW these aren’t excuses I’m just poking the obvious holes in your weak arguement

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers?
    Aaron Rodgers didn't need to sit, he sat because Favre was there. If you didn't notice we don't really have someone to keep a stud QB on the bench
    Quote Quote