Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 122

Thread: QB is all we need

  1. -81
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,269
    vCash:
    287
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Each year it's been a different coordinator's fault. This year he need a QB, because apparently he's the only head coach in the NFL that has zero say in personnel decisions...unless they're good personnel decisions of course, I bet his name was written all over bringing in Cam Wake.
    he's fixed it and done a great job. D coordinator (Nolan) O coordinator (Daboll) need a #1 WR (Marshall) need athletic LBs (Dansby, Wake, Burnett)
    You called it, so im bringing up the quote from 5 pages ago. Well played sir.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,402
    vCash:
    2963
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Welcome back, glad your head didnt explode, though it is amusing that you could not stand up with your own argument and had to do exactly what i suggested: wait until i provide you with examples that you will attempt to refute. Your response was very creative and impressive: "They suck, they got lucky and you would have rooted against him anyways, they suck, they aren't that good". Amazing! How can i stand up against such adversity?!?! Suppose i could be like Sparano and lay down on the job...but alas, here i go.

    I listed 2 examples of an owner directly causing damage to their team, another example of their owner dying on the job, and an example of a rookie coach rebuilding the entire team and losing his best player. And yet, all those things don't equal the emotional heart ache that poor old Tony Sparano had to go through because his owner actually, incrediably, spoke to another human being that just so happened to be a coach. OH THE HUMANITY!

    AGAIN, none of these scenerios are as bad. Imagine you are in a marriage and your wife started talking to other possible husbands while you were still married and you had to find out about it through the news???? This would probably effect you more than if your wife told you, I'm going to divorce you at the end of the year if you don't get your **** together! To further explain this through marriage analogies, the Marvin Lewis situation is like you asking your wife for a boob job, and if you can go play poker with your friends every saturday, she says no; and you decide since it'll probably be tough to get a wife as good as her, you'll stay in the relationship. Again, not tougher than your wife courting other prospective husbands behind your back. Hue Jackson, and Shurmur were both first year coaches with no pressure. The owner dying during the season has nothing to do with the offseason, and again the Raiders are in first place in the WORST division in football.
    Despite the outstanding counter argument you provided, you missed one thing: all those teams are doing better or as good as Miami. The coach you called "bad"(Del Rio) literally has the same record as Miami despite having a worse team and using a rookie quarterback. Del Rio was given an ultimatium by his owner and that was because(like Sparano) he has had extremely little success in previous seasons. And yet, Del Rio still did the right thing by trying to secure the quarterback position then coaching up that player. What did Sparano do in the face of adversity? Draft a center and continued kicking field goals. Hue Jackson? Only has his team in first place of his division despite the death of his owner. Can you say the same about Miami?

    Oh yea, Del Rio seems to have drafted a real gem too! Thank god we didn't try to draft Gabbert, he's terrible. Instead we got a future all pro at center. QB was not a GLARING need, Henne was a question mark, but if you draft a QB in the first round you totally ruin him, and he'll never be good. So you give him a season, with a wide open offense to prove his meddle. Up until the injury he was playing the best football of his career.

    Sparano has not made "great decisions when necessary". How in gods name do you call supporting Henning and bashing our offensive players a "great decision"? How do you call hiring Daboll a "great job" when we have lost 8 out of 11 games? It honestly doesn't matter what holes Sparano has filled(hilarious that you credit Sparano with Cameron Wake...especially when Sparano himself admitted he made a mistake by benching Wake so much during his first season) since he hasnt fixed the biggest one: quarterback. By the way, when was Gates labeled a playmaker this season? Must have missed that.

    "So now that Henne hasn't worked out, its obvious our glaring need is QB"........Freaking really? This must be a Tony Sparano thing, because people on this forum figured this out a year ago. How is it, as Sparano is some superior genius coaching material, that we now need a quarterback? How was this problem not glaring obvious a year ago? How come it takes a total train wreck to point out to our coaching staff which position is a weakness?
    Andy Reid has made a science of trading away players before they fall apart. Even Belicheat has figured out when to get rid of players(Randy Moss for a 3rd rounder in the middle of the season?). And yet, this amazingly awesome head coach that we currently have cannot figure out that "hey, i might not have a quarterback". This inspirational source of coaching guru-ness cant figure out that Bobby Carpenter and Marc Colombo might not be the best fit for his team until weeeeell after other teams blow those players up.

    You keep bringing up two terrible personale decisions, like no one in the NFL makes mistakes. Let's take Belicheat for instance who gave up draft picks for Haynesworth and Ochocinco; cut both starting safties in the offseason, now he has a receiver playing DB, yet it's all covered up by Tom Brady!
    Look at the Colts without Peyton Manning? Jesus. Fact is, you need a QB to win. That's what we're looking for now.
    Plus if you're going to discredit him for those decisions, why don't you credit him for the good ones? Getting rid of players in time i.e. Joey Porter, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams. Good draft picks, Vontae Davis, Jake Long, Pouncy, Clay, Thomas, K. Langford, Odrick, Hartline....UFA's like Davone Bess Great FA Acquisitions, B Marshall, Dansby, R. Bush, Fasano, Randy Starks. Keeping the right guys: B Fields, Y Bell....No one since Jimmy Johnson has been better with personal decisions. The good far outweighs the bad.
    Yeah, new coaches that had no offseason, owners admitting they would fire them, coaches that lost franchise quarterbacks, and coaches who's owner died while running the team all faced less adversity than Tony Sparano. Why? Because our owner actually spoke to another coach. And that means Sparano shouldnt be faulted for a 3-8 record. Because, like, he has totally done alot of good before. You can tell that by the multiple losing seasons in the past.
    Listen, I'm fighting every urge in my soul to not tell you EXACTLY like it is. But the fact of the matter is you are wrong, as I continue to refute everything you say.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,269
    vCash:
    287
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Listen, I'm fighting every urge in my soul to not tell you EXACTLY like it is. But the fact of the matter is you are wrong, as I continue to refute everything you say.


    So now MARRIAGE is involved! I LOVE IT. You mean the same kind of marriage like when you marry a woman and then she decides to sell her stake in the stadium and leaves you with her really incompetant and vicious sister but your suppose to stay in that relationship? That marriage?

    Man, you are hilarious. I mean it, i really want to nominate you for poster of the year(and i probably will). You cannot sell people on the idea of staying with Sparano. Your reasonable expected course of action is for us to go out and find a hall of fame quarterback. You expect us to ignore the 8 losses in favor of the 3 wins.

    But, oh wait! We have a future all pro center! THANK GOD! That will certainly assure of us more wins!........oh wait. We have just seen what competant center play will get us. I'm more focused on competant quarterback play.

    You jump from comparison to comparison and only look at the good ones to support your argument, all the while ignoring the bad ones unless they lead to what you suggest. Matt Barkley(continuously contributes to charities) is the next Matt Leinhart(hasn't been sober since his 15th birthday). I mean, my god, you just brought up a marriage comparison. Please keep posting, i cant stop laughing.

    edit: either i missed it(was laughing pretty hard) or you edited it in, but "getting rid of players in time"? Porter was kept to long and Sparano benched Wake in his favor, only got rid of him after Joey went public multiple times...and even then our front office screwed up by trying to cut him when we didn't have the cap space, took us 2 tries. Ronnie had the last year of his contract extended(due to a deal in his rookie contract). Ricky kept getting extension offers and only stopped receiving them after he went public with his problems with Sparano.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,903
    vCash:
    20624
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually there are more successes of USC QBs (Carson Palmer) transitioning to the NFL than there are of Dallas OL Position Coaches (or any OL position coach) being leapfrogged 2 levels up directly to HC. It was a bad idea for Tony who from an experience background was over his head as he was from an intellectual capacity. Not to suggest that all OL position coaches are too dense to be HCs, more that even the more astute ones need to prove themselves in a coordinator capacity first. From an empirical basis, promoting OL position coaches directly to HC breeds failure.

    It wasn't satisfying enough to become this thread's pin cushion, so you had to offer yourself up also as the Barkley poll thread pinata, eh?
    Last edited by Vaark; 11-27-2011 at 12:57 AM.






    "Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,402
    vCash:
    2963
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post


    So now MARRIAGE is involved! I LOVE IT. You mean the same kind of marriage like when you marry a woman and then she decides to sell her stake in the stadium and leaves you with her really incompetant and vicious sister but your suppose to stay in that relationship? That marriage?

    Man, you are hilarious. I mean it, i really want to nominate you for poster of the year(and i probably will). You cannot sell people on the idea of staying with Sparano. Your reasonable expected course of action is for us to go out and find a hall of fame quarterback. You expect us to ignore the 8 losses in favor of the 3 wins.

    But, oh wait! We have a future all pro center! THANK GOD! That will certainly assure of us more wins!........oh wait. We have just seen what competant center play will get us. I'm more focused on competant quarterback play.

    You jump from comparison to comparison and only look at the good ones to support your argument, all the while ignoring the bad ones unless they lead to what you suggest. Matt Barkley(continuously contributes to charities) is the next Matt Leinhart(hasn't been sober since his 15th birthday). I mean, my god, you just brought up a marriage comparison. Please keep posting, i cant stop laughing.

    Say whatever the **** you want about the marriage comparison. You know I'm right.

    Let's take it to your job.

    Say at the local McDonalds you flip burgers at, your boss tells you you'll be fired by the end of the year if you don't start getting better at building your burgers , that's the Jack Del Rio scenario.

    Now say at this same McDonalds you've been working at for years, with average results at best, sometimes customers complain; but the resturaunt isn't going out of business. So you decide to ask your manager for a better spatula, and cashiers to help during your shift. Your manager says no. But since you haven't graduated high school and you know the local Burger King and Wendy's aren't hiring you decide to stay...that's the Marvin Lewis scenerio.

    Now let's say when you first started working at your Micky D's it was known as one of the worst in the country; so you come in to flip burgers and actually start doing okay? That's the Pat Shurmur scenerio.

    Now take that same scenario, except, the manager was once considered one of the best McDonalds managers in the country back in the late 70s and early 80s, yet his age and ineptness led to the current state of the McDonalds; and then your manager chokes on a french fry and dies, yet you still do okay flipping burgers....that's the Hue Jackson scenario.

    Now imagine, you've been working at the Micky D's for a couple years, the first year you turned around the location after the resturaunt nearly went without a sale the year before you got there. Despite overbearing fry cooks, and senior citizen cashiers, your burger flipping helped bring in respectable returns. Then one day before your fourth year with the company, the fry cook from the night shift tells you he saw the owner interviewing new burger flippers??? The Sparano scenario.

    Out of all these situations, which one would upset you most? Probably the one where the owner is interviewing to replace your job without even letting you know. At least in the Del Rio scenario, you know you can save your job by flipping burgers better. In the Shurmur and Jackson scenarios, you've only been working there for a short time so there's not a lot expected of you and in the Lewis scenario, you probably knew you weren't gonna get the spatula and cashiers, but figured it was worth a try.

    There can you relate to that a bit better?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,402
    vCash:
    2963
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Actually there are more successes of USC QBs (Carson Palmer) transitioning to the NFL than there are of Dallas OL Position Coaches (or any OL position coach) being leapfrogged 2 levels up directly to HC. It was a bad idea for Tony who from an experience background was over his head as he was from an intellectual capacity. Not to suggest that all OL position coaches are too dense to be HCs, more that even the more astute ones need to prove themselves in a coordinator capacity first. From an empirical basis, promoting OL position coaches directly to HC breeds failure.

    It wasn't satisfying enough to become this thread's pin cushion, so you had to offer yourself up also as the Barkley poll thread pinata, eh?
    Somebody has to be the voice of reason on this board full of cynical blowhards
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    BobDole's Avatar
    Paddy's Pub

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    6,969
    vCash:
    1180
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Somebody has to be the voice of reason on this board full of cynical blowhards
    well ... it isn't you.


    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,269
    vCash:
    287
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Out of all these situations, which one would upset you most? Probably the one where the owner is interviewing to replace your job without even letting you know. At least in the Del Rio scenario, you know you can save your job by flipping burgers better. In the Shurmur and Jackson scenarios, you've only been working there for a short time so there's not a lot expected of you and in the Lewis scenario, you probably knew you weren't gonna get the spatula and cashiers, but figured it was worth a try.

    There can you relate to that a bit better?
    None of those at all. As ive been in a similar situation id tell the owner(or in this case, what, day manager?) if he could find someone better then by all means do so. But good "freaking" luck, as im not easily replacable and my work shows that.

    Id understand(much like Zach Thomas did during his retirement speech) that the game is bigger then me and it owes me nothing. Id understand that if i didnt get results my *** would be on the street. And Tony Sparano has not gotten results. Well, he has, but they have been awful.

    Much like i indicated above, i never feel i "deserve" special exceptions. Either i do what i need to do to have a job or i do not deserve that job. You are indicating that Tony Sparano deserves that job because........well....just because he deserves it. He certainly hasn't proved that. He certainly hasn't shown he can handle adversity. He certainly hasnt shown that he can pull it together and do a damn good job later. But according to you the fact that he is around and he has collected a paycheck and he will collect a paycheck is deserving enough. He has had very bad results but given enough surrounding burger flipping talent he might turn out a profit...eventually.

    Yeah, not very convincing. Go back to the marriage comparisons.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,881
    vCash:
    12158
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    God. This is the thread of the year. Im literally laughing my *** off. Dude you are ****ing hilarious.


    Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,881
    vCash:
    12158
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If you want to use "real life" comparisions. Here's one.

    I started my carrer at 17 1/2 years old, I am now 22 years old and running a office making $125,000 a year. Wanna know how? By working my ****ing *** and and improving myself in everything we do at work, I was once a ******* 18 year old that got chewed out by my boss, which happend to be my father at the time, ****ing off, being the "boss's son". You know what happend, I almost got fired, by being a blowhard at work, they gave me 6 months to be a man and prove to them I was worthy of learning the craft of NDT. Since then I have learned from my mistakes, grew as a inspector, started being wanted all over the country & even the world, supervising jobs, and now I chew people out and fire people who don't perform to expectations, and Its usally alot less than the 4 years Tony has had.

    Point is, if you don't perform at your craft, you shouldn't be employed anymore.
    Quote Quote  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •