Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: Sounds like Bama is in

  1. -51
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,508
    vCash:
    7215
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I'm serious ... West Lib got jobbed!









    Really?!? People are bitching? The best two teams are playing. Ain't that the point?

    They would have beaten IOWA ST....LOL
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,533
    vCash:
    22155
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Why?...Where is that rule?
    The BCS 's job is to pit #1 against #2.
    Like it has been said before the SEC offered a plus one awhile back.
    The other conf's. voted it down.....It's called Karma
    a 1+ is a joke too, there should be a playoff whether it's 4 teams, 8 teams or 16 teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Being at home isn't a huge edge in this particular rivalry. LSU and Bama are too evenly matched. The road team has won 7 of the last 11 times.

    Beating Penn St. on the road is Bama's best road win. It's a ranked opponent.

    Oklahoma St. hasn't beat any ranked team on the road. Period.

    Bama's best win was over the #6 team in the country (Arkansas) in a 38-14 blowout. We had scrubs playing the 4th quarter of that game. Arkansas only two losses are against the #1 and #2 teams in the country.

    Okie St.'s best win is against #8 Kansas St.... the team a healthy Oklahoma blew out 58-17.


    You shouldn't have to win your conference in order to play in the title game. But if they want to make it a rule, then make it a rule.

    But it won't be until after LSU and Bama have played for all the marbles.

    They let Nebraska and Oklahoma into the BCS title game before without winning their conference, and neither of them had to compete with the #1 team in the country within their own conference.


    Being a conference champion holds no weight until all the conferences are playing conference championship games. Secondy, it holds no weight because all the conferences aren't equal. There's at least 3 teams in the SEC that would go win every other conference undefeated.

    Teams from the Big-10 and Pac-10 have been getting into the BCS championship game for a decade without having to play a conference championship game.

    It's worked in their favor for a decade. It worked against them this year.
    7 of 11 is a little misleading since Bama wasn't a big time team pre-Saban last decade.

    Saban took over in '07

    2007: Nat'l Champ LSU won at 6 loss Alabama in a close game which bama led by a TD in the 4th qtr.
    2008: Bama was #1 when they wo at LSU, LSU lost 5 games that year and the game went to OT
    2009: Bama won at home
    2010: LSU won at home
    2011: LSU won at Bama

    You can't tell me being at home means nothing in this series.


    Nebraskas in '02 and OU multiple times were even bigger jokes, this is not an antie-Bama or anti-SEC rant, it's an anti-CFB rant.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,055
    vCash:
    3910
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's nothing misleading about the road team winning 7 out of the last 11 meetings between these two teams. It is what it is. If being at home was such a huge advantage, the road team wouldn't have won 7 of the last 11.

    I believe we went 30 years without losing in Baton Rouge.


    I don't see anything wrong with an anti-BCS rant. Blow it up. Fix it. Whatever everyone wants or decides on is fine.

    But winning your conference doesn't amount to much. In fact, it's just the opposite....

    ...most teams that win their conference shouldn't be playing for a national championship. The SEC proves that every year.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,533
    vCash:
    22155
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    There's nothing misleading about the road team winning 7 out of the last 11 meetings between these two teams. It is what it is. If being at home was such a huge advantage, the road team wouldn't have won 7 of the last 11.

    I believe we went 30 years without losing in Baton Rouge.


    I don't see anything wrong with an anti-BCS rant. Blow it up. Fix it. Whatever everyone wants or decides on is fine.

    But winning your conference doesn't amount to much. In fact, it's just the opposite....

    ...most teams that win their conference shouldn't be playing for a national championship. The SEC proves that every year.
    Of course there is when Bama wasn't a big time program for more than half of those years.

    How many times did you play in baton Rouge in that 30 year stretch and was LSU a big time program at the time? I can say Carolina dominated duke at Cameron in the 60s when duke wasn't a big time program but what does that prove?

    Bama shouldn't be in the title game, for you just enjoy it b/c it doesn't matter. Your team is playing for another title and who cares how they got there but for a sports fan w/ no allegiance like myself it shows how big of a joke CFB is and I appreciate how they get it right on the CBB side of things. Part of me wishes CBB was run the same way b/c Carolina would have 20 Championships in the last few decades but I appreciate having to win it on the court.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    junc, In your opinion who would win head to head in a Bama - OSU matchup most of the time?




    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,533
    vCash:
    22155
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    junc, In your opinion who would win head to head in a Bama - OSU matchup most of the time?
    I don't know, I'm not sure how they'd macth up. Probably 'Bama but that isn't the point, 'Bama had their chance to beat LSU at home and failed. That's like me saying UNC would have beaten UK 6 or 7 out of 10 times last year so they should have gone to the FF instead of UK even though UK beat them.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't know, I'm not sure how they'd macth up. Probably 'Bama but that isn't the point, 'Bama had their chance to beat LSU at home and failed. That's like me saying UNC would have beaten UK 6 or 7 out of 10 times last year so they should have gone to the FF instead of UK even though UK beat them.
    But thats a totally different sport with a totally different system.

    How can Bama be disqualified for losing one game to the unanimous #1 team in the nation, but OSU not be held accountable for blowing a game to a far inferior team? The OSU matchup would have been intriguing, but they lost their right to the title game when they lost. Same with Bama. They both left it up to the voters and neither had any right to complain about the outcome IMO.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,055
    vCash:
    3910
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Of course there is when Bama wasn't a big time program for more than half of those years.

    How many times did you play in baton Rouge in that 30 year stretch and was LSU a big time program at the time? I can say Carolina dominated duke at Cameron in the 60s when duke wasn't a big time program but what does that prove?

    Bama shouldn't be in the title game, for you just enjoy it b/c it doesn't matter. Your team is playing for another title and who cares how they got there but for a sports fan w/ no allegiance like myself it shows how big of a joke CFB is and I appreciate how they get it right on the CBB side of things. Part of me wishes CBB was run the same way b/c Carolina would have 20 Championships in the last few decades but I appreciate having to win it on the court.

    LSU was always a big time program during those years... especially under Charlie Mac, etc. We played LSU every other year in Baton Rouge 15 times from early 70's to the late 90's and never lost a single time.

    A playoff is fine with me, I've never really been against it. We're built for it.


    Hell, if you listen to all the talking heads and national media pundits out there, we shouldn't even be in the top 25...

    All the anti-Alabama sentiment out there by the media means only one thing. It means Alabama is right where they're supposed to be. Winning Championships.

    It's been that way for my entire lifetime.... it brings back memories of when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's.

    If they're not hating you, it's because they're beating you.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    LSU was always a big time program during those years... especially under Charlie Mac, etc. We played LSU every other year in Baton Rouge 15 times from early 70's to the late 90's and never lost a single time.

    A playoff is fine with me, I've never really been against it. We're built for it.


    Hell, if you listen to all the talking heads and national media pundits out there, we shouldn't even be in the top 25...

    All the anti-Alabama sentiment out there by the media means only one thing. It means Alabama is right where they're supposed to be. Winning Championships.

    It's been that way for my entire lifetime.... it brings back memories of when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's.

    If they're not hating you, it's because they're beating you.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,533
    vCash:
    22155
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    LSU was always a big time program during those years... especially under Charlie Mac, etc. We played LSU every other year in Baton Rouge 15 times from early 70's to the late 90's and never lost a single time.

    A playoff is fine with me, I've never really been against it. We're built for it.


    Hell, if you listen to all the talking heads and national media pundits out there, we shouldn't even be in the top 25...

    All the anti-Alabama sentiment out there by the media means only one thing. It means Alabama is right where they're supposed to be. Winning Championships.

    It's been that way for my entire lifetime.... it brings back memories of when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's.

    If they're not hating you, it's because they're beating you.
    As a kid in the 80s and 90s LSU was not close to what they are today, they were not a top 5-10 program.

    Looking it up, in the 90s LSU was in the final ranking just twice(12th and 13th), in the 80s 5 times w/ only 2 top 10 finishes, in the 70s 5 times w/ only 1 top 10 finish.


    I respect 'Bama, this isn't anything against 'Bama from me. This is about the awful system that allows this.

    ---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    But thats a totally different sport with a totally different system.

    How can Bama be disqualified for losing one game to the unanimous #1 team in the nation, but OSU not be held accountable for blowing a game to a far inferior team? The OSU matchup would have been intriguing, but they lost their right to the title game when they lost. Same with Bama. They both left it up to the voters and neither had any right to complain about the outcome IMO.
    OSU had a tougher sched(by the rankings), they didn't get a chance to play LSU and they won their conference.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Bama vs LSU....who u got?
    By Namor in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 01:37 AM
  2. Bama Vs LSU....Nov.5
    By Namor in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 10:32 AM
  3. bama's new Gov
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 02:59 PM
  4. Bama/LSU
    By CedarPhin in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 07:48 PM
  5. No thanks, Bama
    By FLOUNDER in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •