Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: No Luck, But How About Manning?

1. -1
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

No Luck, But How About Manning?

Almost surely the Colts will have the choice of taking Luck or trading down. It seems the consensus is that they would draft Luck and cut Manning before a significant portion of his contract kicks in. If this happens, what are the chances of us landing Peyton Manning next season? I know he probably only has three or four good seasons left, if that...but I, for one, would be PUMPED next year if we signed Manning, drafted a top QB in the first-round (package Matt Moore with our first pick to move up as far as possible), landed Bill Cowher as HC (giving him free rein to bring in anybody he wants with regards to the FO), and brought back Marino in an executive roll similar to what Elway is doing in Denver (Marino and Cowher definitely have a good relationship at CBS, and Marino could be our golden ticket to landing Cowher rather than seeing him go to Philadelphia).

2012: Manning, Cowher, First-Round QB, and Marino...ALRIGHT, MIAMI!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If they flat out cut Manning, a team with a worse record than us would likely claim him before us. I might see if we could work out some kind of a sign and trade deal with the Colts if that were possible. I think the Colts have to pay Manning $19 million if they cut him? I would take a 35 year old Manning over anyone we have, as long as it didn't cost us too much.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    If they flat out cut Manning, a team with a worse record than us would likely claim him before us. I might see if we could work out some kind of a sign and trade deal with the Colts if that were possible. I think the Colts have to pay Manning $19 million if they cut him? I would take a 35 year old Manning over anyone we have, as long as it didn't cost us too much.
    How about Matt Moore for Peyton Manning? I bet the Colts would go for that assuming they want Luck over Manning, and Moore keeps it up. I would go for that, especially if Manning was willing to restructure his contract.

Then we hopefully get Robert Griffin, III in here to play Steve Young to Peyton Manning's Joe Montana...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Im not outbidding the Redskins (who are famous for over-paying for old, past their prime players) for a 35 year old Quarterback that has had 3 neck surgeries in the past 20 months.

I appreciate what Manning has accomplished in the past, but no use in wasting millions when we could go get a great TE and a lineman and maybe a DB all for the same price.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    How about Matt Moore for Peyton Manning? I bet the Colts would go for that assuming they want Luck over Manning, and Moore keeps it up. I would go for that, especially if Manning was willing to restructure his contract.

Then we hopefully get Robert Griffin, III in here to play Steve Young to Peyton Manning's Joe Montana...
    I think Manning is starting to throw more in his rehabilitation....I would like to see him throw and see how well he has recovered before making any kind of deal. Hopefully Manning might be able to get into a game toward the end of the year. You never know with a neck injury.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    GoFishGo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Slingerlands, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trade Matt Moore for Peyton Manning, Really? Did I read that correct?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEIII View Post
    Trade Matt Moore for Peyton Manning, Really? Did I read that correct?
    If they draft Luck, they need to dump Manning. If Manning threatens to retire if not traded to a team he wants to go to, a Moore for Manning trade could happen as crazy as it sounds (it certainly gets the Colts more than just cutting Manning, which would apparently cost the Colts $19 million). The Colts are going to need a solid backup for Luck.
    Quote Quote