Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playing With Nothing to Lose vs. Playing With Nothing to Gain

1. -21
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if you're looking for reasons why they are winning there are several IMO. The defense struggled through some injuries that caused them to use a lot more zone coverages. They are healthier and use more press and man as they did last year. Time for the Henne followers to realize how much better Matt Moore is then your boy. He limits his mistakes and scores in the red zone. It's quite obvious the offense not only functions better with Moore but is more confident. Moores play has also taken a lot of pressure off the run game. The schedule is also a factor but not as significantly as some make it out to be. The Dolphins are not just beating bad or injured teams, they are pummeling them.

Toughest game left is the Pats which will provide an assessment of where exactly this team is. I am surprised I am saying this but that may be the only game left that they lose.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    if you're looking for reasons why they are winning there are several IMO. The defense struggled through some injuries that caused them to use a lot more zone coverages. They are healthier and use more press and man as they did last year. Time for the Henne followers to realize how much better Matt Moore is then your boy. He limits his mistakes and scores in the red zone. It's quite obvious the offense not only functions better with Moore but is more confident. Moores play has also taken a lot of pressure off the run game. The schedule is also a factor but not as significantly as some make it out to be. The Dolphins are not just beating bad or injured teams, they are pummeling them.

Toughest game left is the Pats which will provide an assessment of where exactly this team is. I am surprised I am saying this but that may be the only game left that they lose.
    Any explanation or set of explanations that doesn't put emotion front and center is suspect IMO.

There is something going on with the emotion of this team that accounts for how radically different they're playing.

What's creating the emotion is debatable, but it's definitely something emotional IMO.

These guys are playing with a fire and a togetherness that's palpable, and something about the team changed dramatically to make that happen.

What I would bet all of my money on is that it's most definitely NOT that they "have nothing to lose." That explanation doesn't stand up to even the simplest of criticisms.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    probably all kinds of reasons they are winning and plenty of reasons they started 0-7. Fact is this regime has not produced a winning team in the last three years and that is not defensable esp when Harbaugh has the Niners at 10-2 with more issues than we had.
    lol
    belittling our wins while San Francisco has beat Arizona, Seattle, Washington, Tampa Bay, Cleveland and Philadelphia among others. wins in which they sometimes hung on by their teeth.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    Any explanation or set of explanations that doesn't put emotion front and center is suspect IMO.

There is something going on with the emotion of this team that accounts for how radically different they're playing.

What's creating the emotion is debatable, but it's definitely something emotional IMO.

These guys are playing with a fire and a togetherness that's palpable, and something about the team changed dramatically to make that happen.

What I would bet all of my money on is that it's most definitely NOT that they "have nothing to lose." That explanation doesn't stand up to even the simplest of criticisms.
    I am inclined to agree with this and have thought that possibly the enormous amount of ridicule pulled them together. Not only was the national media calling them hopeless but the local media was soliciting SFL parodyies and the local fanbase embraced SFL. They heard it so maybe it's not so far fetched to think that may have played a role. I agree that something happened that changed the emotion of the team but one can only speculate as to what it was.
    Last edited by MadDog 88; 12-06-2011 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Quote