Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyde: Hear this Dolphins? Peyton won't be playing with Luck

1. -1
    Dolfan from São Paulo - Brazil

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Thanks / No Thanks

Hyde: Hear this Dolphins? Peyton won't be playing with Luck

I sure see Ross pulling the trigger on this one!

Lebon, Pujols and Manning in Miami? Seems great!

Hear this Dolphins? Peyton won't be playing with Luck

Now we know what the Dolphins are playing for these final four games besides possibly Tony Sparano's future: Peyton Manning's attention.

The thought of making a play for Peyton Manning this off-season entered the real of reality today when Archie Manning said the obvious: Peyton and Andrew Luck shouldn't be on the same team.
    "I don’t think it'd necessarily be great for either one," Manning told FOX Radio. “I think Andrew's the type of mature player ... he can walk right in. I mean, these other three or four (rookie passers) that are playing this year, (if) they can walk in and contribute, Andrew can, too.
    "We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year. I used to play with his dad (Oliver) (as Houston Oilers quarterbacks in 1982-83). ... I'm in New York, I heard from him last night.
    "Peyton's also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one want to play on the same team."
    You think Archie spoke out of turn? Do you know how smart and organized the Mannings are in their public thoughts?
    Peyton has to be healthy, of course. That's a big hurdle. But he will have a lot of say where he goes, because the last thing the Colts want to do is throw the guy who's been the franchise for the last decade overboard in a way that angers him forever.
    Here are two obvious teams that could contend next year with the right moves: The Dolphins and the Jets.
    Both will want him. Both will be in win-now mode. I'd think the Jets would have an edge, because brother Eli plays for the Giants and it'd be a great marketing chance - and the Mannings love marketing.
    This is something to watch moving foward.
    Hoping for the best but expecting the worst...

"We are going to out-tough you. Here comes a bunch of Guards. We are going to push our way to the Super Bowl, 3 yards at a time." Le Batard

"The Dolphins are bringing Guards to a Wide Receivers party" Stugotz

"I know one thing about these guys, they're not going to stop quitting." Chad Henne

twitter @marcio_oli
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I have said it from the start. Manning could very well be our QB.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh God, I would seriously consider trying to find a way to hibernate for several years until it's all over if Peyton went to the Jets.
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    We wont outbid the Redskins so it doesn't matter.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It be an interesting situation given his rather large contract. If we do get him, the whole draft outlook changes, and do we keep or trade Moore who will have value come draft day. Going to be a interesting off-season, thats for sure.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's a god in Tennessee.. that would be my guess. Miami? I've got mixed emotions about backing up the Brinks truck for an immobile 36yo who's had 3 neck surgeries, especially if Columbo hangs on. If we signed him, kept Moore and drafted a top QB, well then, as unrealistic as this would seem, it might be more palatable.

I do think it's possible that from a selfish paternal standpoint, and sharing his own successful skill set, Archie is telling his buddy Oliver how best to orchestrate a power play.
    Last edited by Vaark; 12-06-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Whoever gets him is going to be very disappointed. He's never been a great playoff QB, he's 36, and he has major health issues. He won't be running his offense with his guys that he has had years to coach up and build a rapport with.

You should be way more excited right now about the possibility that Luck will pull an Elway and go to one of the teams that might be jockeying for us with Barkley or RG3.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not buying it myself. I still think Colts will trade out of the number one pick to the highest bidder (as long as they stay in the top ten or so) and then draft Barkley or Jones to sit behind Peyton. I think our first rounder this year, first rounder next year, a couple of seconds and Jake could be enough, providing we don't win more than say 5 or 6 games. I know that is highly unlikely but who cares
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Whoever gets him is going to be very disappointed. He's never been a great playoff QB,
    Then I guess Brady hasn't either, as Manning has a higher career Post Season QB rating than Tom does....And over 10 points higher than Marino.

It's easy to remember the 4 INT game vs New England, but the man has been very good in the Post Season, overall.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think we are in win now situation. The jets, yes but not the dolphins. Our team is still very young compared to the jets. I would rather draft a QB in the first and give that a try. Draft someone that can be the face of the franchise because we havent had one since Marino
    Quote Quote