Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dansby sees God working through Tebow

1. -51
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I read the first few pages of this thread and had to stop.

Why is it OK to insult my religious beliefs? I believe in God, please don't make fun of those of us who believe. I thought this sort of thing was respected here on this forum.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    been here for a while

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    thank you for standing up for the faith and the salvation that we're all afforded because of Jesus.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    I read the first few pages of this thread and had to stop.

Why is it OK to insult my religious beliefs? I believe in God, please don't make fun of those of us who believe. I thought this sort of thing was respected here on this forum.
    I dont think God is being disrespected...more the idea that God is winning games for Tebow because hes the best Christian on the field.

Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    So Tebow, God the father and Jesus walk into a bar. I forget how the rest goes but your mother is a whore.
    i think they all get drunk and blame the jews for something or another. then the holy triumvirate fists your dad. THEN my mom is a whore.

Quote Quote  

5. -55

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    i think they all get drunk and blame the jews for something or another. then the holy triumvirate fists your dad. THEN my mom is a whore.
    Disappointed by your exclusion of Tebow's Thai ladyboy in this delightful little anecdote.

I now have a picture of Gilbert Gottfried's Aristocrats joke involving these characters in my head and I blame you.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    When did I ever say a thing about pummeling anyone? I am stating that you should make it your obligation to speak to them and get across the message that what they are doing is counterproductive and that it misrepresents the faith that you both share.
    Have you walked up and spoken with the Occupy Wall Street people? I am quite certain that most of us have not but I am certain there are many many people that want them ousted, while others want them there.

I invest on Wall Street so am I supposed to give them a talking too? I get your point, trust me I do, when I was in Washington DC with my son and some idiot was shouting jibberish through a bullhorn and it was rather annoying but it is his right as a citizen.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Disappointed by your exclusion of Tebow's Thai ladyboy in this delightful little anecdote.

I now have a picture of Gilbert Gottfried's Aristocrats joke involving these characters in my head and I blame you.
    i have the market cornered on thai ladyboys, thank you very much. even tebow has to go through me if he wants to get down.

don't blame me. blame the schools.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Well Tebow cant just sit there on the sidelines while everyone else is fisting and getting fisted. He needs to be in the game. Maybe some buttsecks with tubgirl?
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    The other day, I went to a public holiday event in town, and all along the entrance there were people with signs that read "Fear God!" "Repent or Hell!" and similar messages. They also had their bullhorn out spreading their message of fear. The message was as such:

Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior or spend eternity in Hell.

I understand that you likely do not act like these fringe Christians, but this is a common perception of Christians among the general populace. Here I was trying to enjoy a nice event, and these people not only were making me feel uncomfortable, but were actually threatening me with such messages. If you are not part of these kinds of Christians, you should make it your duty to go up to such people and tell them to stop spreading such messages of fear. It does a disservice to your faith. Unfortunately, It doesn't appear that the "normal" Christians have much problems with these loud evangelists as they continue to spread their message of fear at nearly any event in which crowds of people attend.
    Luke 12:4-5 and there are hundreds of other scriptures that convey similar concepts. Hell is real, I have been there. There are no words in any language to describe the experience.

This much I will say. God is love. Seeking him is the purpose of human life, but all humanity should be horrified beyond words at the thought of not knowing him.

As for Tebow, it is obvious that God is working through him; whether or not God is giving the Broncos wins because of him is extremely dubious. I would need to see far greater evidence.
    I really don't see anything dramatic in his performance.

God is for all mankind made in his image, however,Tebow's devotion, and his temperance in remarkable areas is a powerful testimony. God bless Tebow and his example to his generation. Go Dolphins!
    Quote Quote  

10. -60

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    Luke 12:4-5 and there are hundreds of other scriptures that convey similar concepts. Hell is real, I have been there. There are no words in any language to describe the experience.
    Go on...
    Quote Quote