Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official NBA Off-Season Thread***

1. -11
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great job of Tyson Chandler to put together a good, healthy season in a contract year. Talk about overpaying by the Knicks. Really unfortunate for Brandon Roy to have to retire. Nene would be a great signing for Nets. Absolutely love that guy's game. That team has a very bright future if they can land Dwight for a deal revolving around Lopez. The Magic have to be the worst run organization in the NBA.. Not even counting all the bad moves they've made, but why the hell would they start accusing people of tampering? They absolutely need to trade Dwight, because there's no chance he's coming back.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Great job of Tyson Chandler to put together a good, healthy season in a contract year. Talk about overpaying by the Knicks. Really unfortunate for Brandon Roy to have to retire. Nene would be a great signing for Nets. Absolutely love that guy's game. That team has a very bright future if they can land Dwight for a deal revolving around Lopez. The Magic have to be the worst run organization in the NBA.. Not even counting all the bad moves they've made, but why the hell would they start accusing people of tampering? They absolutely need to trade Dwight, because there's no chance he's coming back.
    Knicks are my number 2, in fact the best microscope would only show the separation from favorite and 2nd favorite. Anyways, I do believe they overpayed Chandler but it was a vast need for them. A center who can play defense, and physically is an animal. The deal is 4 years so they will have Chandler in his better years for the most part. This of course pending he stays healthy which is a big IF. I'm really hoping the Cavs use the amnesty on Baron Davis, he would be a solid option to fill in for Billups whose salary is just to much to keep him.

****s been crazy, trades, signings, cuts, scenarios....
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To be honest, I don't think Baron would be a good signing for the Knicks. Isn't this Billup's last year? I think I'd rather just keep Billups for this year. Davis just gives them another guy who needs the ball to be effective. They need a PG who can defend and shoot.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Knicks will have to use the amnesty clause on Billups before they can sign Chandler.

I don't think the Cavs will use the amnesty on Davis. It is possible that they'll buy him out though. Who knows who will be guiding the Knicks this year. Supposedly Shumpert was looking good in summer games but from everything I saw from him in college hes not an NBA point guard. Maybe they'll just hand over the duties to 'Melo so he can take the 40 shots a game he knows he needs.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i kind of like my celtics dumping big baby for brandon bass...much better athlete in bass and at $4 mil per over this and next year coming of his best season as a pro i think it looks like a solid trade...i was done with big baby after he crapped the bed worse than pau gasol last postseason...baby killed the c's in the heat series with his awful inneffective minutes and inability to score against smaller defenders on the block...

bass can hit the 12-15 footer and he's got some scoring touch...and he can run the floor

4 years $26 mil for big baby from orlando...who's a head case and can't play at the rim...no thanks...baby gets by because for a guy his size he's got fantastic feet...but no hops
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    The Knicks will have to use the amnesty clause on Billups before they can sign Chandler.

I don't think the Cavs will use the amnesty on Davis. It is possible that they'll buy him out though. Who knows who will be guiding the Knicks this year. Supposedly Shumpert was looking good in summer games but from everything I saw from him in college hes not an NBA point guard. Maybe they'll just hand over the duties to 'Melo so he can take the 40 shots a game he knows he needs.
    I still think Baron Davis can be that guy if he does in fact become a free agent. I heard they are talking about Mike Bibby....F that. Also I like Toney Douglas but hes a solid backup at the moment, not a starter. Should be interesting.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    baron davis might show up at camp looking like he spent the offseason storing acorns in his cheeks...i'd stick with billups also who can't keep pgs out of the lane anymore but he's crafty can hit the pull up 3 pointer and a team player...neither is ideal anymore but i'd bet on billups to be in more game shape than davis..

as for shumpert he's an uber athlete with length and an nba body but he'll break the back board with his hard shots and lack of soft touch...more athlete than basketball player imo...and that was evident at ga tech
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    baron davis might show up at camp looking like he spent the offseason storing acorns in his cheeks...i'd stick with billups also who can't keep pgs out of the lane anymore but he's crafty can hit the pull up 3 pointer and a team player...neither is ideal anymore but i'd bet on billups to be in more game shape than davis..

as for shumpert he's an uber athlete with length and an nba body but he'll break the back board with his hard shots and lack of soft touch...more athlete than basketball player imo...and that was evident at ga tech
    Billups will be gone, his salary exceeds the cap now that Chandler signed.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Latest News
    • Vince Carter close to a deal with the Mavericks
    • Ronny Turiaf might become a Maverick in a sign/trade deal for Tyson Chandler
    • Bulls looking at RIP Hamilton
    • Celtics re-sign Jeff Green
    • Pacers re-sign Jeff Foster
    • Celtics sign Chris Wilcox
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post

Funny stuff then. Talk about being clueless. Using their amnesty on Billups when they could have simply not picked up his team option...
    Quote Quote