Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Pauline Interview with Joe Rose

1. -1
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

Tony Pauline Interview with Joe Rose

http://wqam.com/index.php?page=347

Click the link and scroll and find the interview with Tony Pauline....

I found it to be insightful on a few fronts, but you decided....

1. Think Barkley will come out.

2. Barkley is going to better right off the bat, but RGIII has a higher upside and could be special

3. OT draft is very top heavy with not much depth. Does not think you can land a starting caliber OT unless you go for it early.

That dreaded RT position might have to filled in FA.

Anyways, check it out.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    http://wqam.com/index.php?page=347

Click the link and scroll and find the interview with Tony Pauline....

I found it to be insightful on a few fronts, but you decided....

1. Think Barkley will come out.

2. Barkley is going to better right off the bat, but RGIII has a higher upside and could be special

3. OT draft is very top heavy with not much depth. Does not think you can land a starting caliber OT unless you go for it early.

That dreaded RT position might have to filled in FA.

Anyways, check it out.
    i agree, if all of those underclassmen declare. if not, it's not even top heavy IMO
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still can't help but wonder why it is that this staff is so firm in the belief that Vernon Carey can no longer play RT.

All year long Vernon Carey should have been playing Right Tackle with Richie Incognito at Right Guard and Nate Garner at Left Guard. If the coaching staff had any sense, that's how they would have done it. But they don't, they didn't, the head coach has been fired and the rest of them will be fired shortly.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I still can't help but wonder why it is that this staff is so firm in the belief that Vernon Carey can no longer play RT.

All year long Vernon Carey should have been playing Right Tackle with Richie Incognito at Right Guard and Nate Garner at Left Guard. If the coaching staff had any sense, that's how they would have done it. But they don't, they didn't, the head coach has been fired and the rest of them will be fired shortly.
    It's Okay CK,

That Era of silliness is hopefully over. At the very least one can assume he's better than Colombo! No?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallaw View Post
    It's Okay CK,

That Era of silliness is hopefully over. At the very least one can assume he's better than Colombo! No?
    It would be almost impossible to be worse than Colombo. I say 'almost' because of Barry Richardson.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It took me all of the first pre-season game watching Colombo to immediately call him the worst offensive lineman I'd ever seen in a Dolphins uniform... and that's going up against some stiff competition.

The offensive tackle class isn't deep by any stretch, nor is it really all that top heavy in my opinion. It's just a very average class as a whole. However, I guarantee I can find a guy in every round that's no worse than Colombo from day 1.

There's a local kid here that plays for UAB by the name of Matt McCants who I don't think would do any worse than Colombo at right tackle even if you plugged him in there today.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this draft as a whole to me doesn't look particularly deep...even if all these underclassmen come out...finding a right tackle even a veteran off another teams cuts if we have to is not that hard...i'm not concerned about it at all...first thing whoever comes here should do though is send colombo packing...guys just dreadful...

b/t you guys see pat mcquistan manning left tackle for seattle the other night??? i almost choked when i saw it...robert quinn spun him like a top off the edge...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    If Vern was in better shape, maybe he is an option. That he has never been kicked out there after Columbo's display is maddening.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    McQuistan let up some pressure to Robert Quinn but his run blocking was excellent. He was a guy that looked hellishly awful his first couple of games when he had to play for Miami, but actually started to settle out and play decent football.

It certainly didn't take me any more than one preseason game to declare that Colombo is easily the worst OL on the team. Worst in Dolphins history though, that's pretty steep. I mean...Taylor Whitley...god damn he was bad.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Kalil is good, but he's not top 5 pick worthy. Barely top 10 pick worthy.

I should be able to watch 4-5 games in a row and never see you get beat if you're a top 5 pick at left tackle. I see Matt Kalil get beat 3-4 times on a single drive at times.

Chris Samuels is what a top 5 pick looks like at left tackle, although I know a lot of people weren't watching Chris Samuels at Alabama. He started 42 games at left tackle for Bama during his career and never gave up a single sack. Not one.

His Senior season, he didn't even give up a single pressure on his way to winning the Outland Trophy. Along with 91 pancake blocks.

That's what a top 5 pick and franchise left tackle looks like.
    Quote Quote