Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 12 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: the official bowl season draft prospect discussion thread...

1. -1
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks

the official bowl season draft prospect discussion thread...

talk about it here...

personally i'm not all that interested in watching the bowl games this year til boise st plays arizona st i wanna say the 22nd of december so i can get one last view of vontaze burflict and see if he'll go all out in his likely final game to put out some good tape for nfl scouts...

i'm sure you guys got some names in bowl games earlier though that are worth taking a look at...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could care less about the bowl games themselves, but will keep my eyes on when Jones and RG the 3rd play. One of them could end up being out future qb.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The guys to keep an eye on in the San Diego State vs UL-Lafayette game are:

CB Larry Parker, San Diego State (#29)
    LB Miles Burris, San Diego State (#9)
    QB Ryan Lindley, San Diego State (#14)
    TE Ladarius Green, UL-Lafayette (#89)
    CB Dwight Bentley, UL-Lafayette (#5)

Ryan Lindley is a good 3rd round prospect that you might be able to cure of some of his inconsistent accuracy mechanically, and through repetitions. He's got a bad receivers unit and sometimes he's trying to throw them open and they aren't adjusting. His deep ball is surprisingly accurate considering his streakiness on other throws. When you see him zip a ball 35 yards from opposite hash to sidelines through a tight window, that's why you keep coming back to him. Operates from a pro style play-action based offense, turns his back to the defense a lot. Reminds me a lot of Jake Locker but he won't be drafted #8 overall like Locker was.

Here's a video I had made of Larry Parker. I like him a lot. Small corner, willing to stick his nose in to tackle, made of wood...reminds me of Chris Owens. BALL HAWK. Has something like 7 or 8 interceptions this year including in big games and at big moments. Stays in the hip pocket of all receivers with absolute ease. Really good with the ball in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4da9ewkgFM
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The guys to keep an eye on in the San Diego State vs UL-Lafayette game are:

CB Larry Parker, San Diego State (#29)
    LB Miles Burris, San Diego State (#9)
    QB Ryan Lindley, San Diego State (#14)
    TE Ladarius Green, UL-Lafayette (#89)
    CB Dwight Bentley, UL-Lafayette (#5)

Ryan Lindley is a good 3rd round prospect that you might be able to cure of some of his inconsistent accuracy mechanically, and through repetitions. He's got a bad receivers unit and sometimes he's trying to throw them open and they aren't adjusting. His deep ball is surprisingly accurate considering his streakiness on other throws. When you see him zip a ball 35 yards from opposite hash to sidelines through a tight window, that's why you keep coming back to him. Operates from a pro style play-action based offense, turns his back to the defense a lot. Reminds me a lot of Jake Locker but he won't be drafted #8 overall like Locker was.

Here's a video I had made of Larry Parker. I like him a lot. Small corner, willing to stick his nose in to tackle, made of wood...reminds me of Chris Owens. BALL HAWK. Has something like 7 or 8 interceptions this year including in big games and at big moments. Stays in the hip pocket of all receivers with absolute ease. Really good with the ball in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4da9ewkgFM
    Good video, I cant imgaine he has great timed speed..Maybe a fit in a cover 2. Looks like SD state plays alot of zone too based in that video. Or at least they are in off coverage.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    Good video, I cant imgaine he has great timed speed..Maybe a fit in a cover 2. Looks like SD state plays alot of zone too based in that video. Or at least they are in off coverage.
    Depends on what you consider "great" timed speed. Is he going to run in the 4.3's? Not sure about that. But any player that can catch Denard Robinson from behind is a fast human and I think fast enough to do whatever you need at the next level.

If he goes into a cover two, it would not be for lack of speed. It would more be because of his lack of height/size, and not wanting him to get into too many deep field jump ball situations versus a guy in man to man that could be up to 7 inches taller.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good thread hoops. I absolutely love bowl season. I'm a college football guy.

I enjoy the matchups and the contrast in styles you get from scheme and personnel standpoints in bowl games. Bowl games are a great opportunity for these kids to make a big impact on their stock heading into draft process. A lot of what they do in these bowl games is going to stick in the minds of NFL people for months.

CK already made note of the kids to pay attention to in the SDSU vs. UL-Lafayette matchup, so I'm going to talk about the players I'm paying attention to in the other two bowl games this weekend.

Temple vs. Wyoming:

Tashaun Gipson / Cornerback / Wyoming --- (Probably the only draftable prospect for Wyoming in this game)

Bernard Pierce / Runningback / Temple --- (Stud. Only a junior, but it's possible he comes out early if he has a big game here. Has the skills to be a feature back in the NFL.)

Adrian Robinson / DE-OLB / Temple --- (Temple has one of the best defenses in the country, Robinson is a big reason why)

Tahir Whitehead / OLB / Temple --- (This kid is another reason why)

Morkeith Brown / Defensive End / Temple --- (This kid is another reason why. Big kid who could project as a 5-tech in odd fronts in the NFL)

Evan Rodriguez / Tight End-H-back / Temple --- (Probably an H-back in the NFL)

Ohio vs. Utah State:

Lavon Brazill / Wide Receiver / Ohio --- (One of the most underrated receivers in the entire country)

Robert Turbin / Runningback / Utah State --- (Only a junior, but he may come out if he has a big game here. Big, physical, hard nosed back with power and speed. Underrated player)

Bobby Wagner / Inside Linebacker / Utah State --- (Not a fit for every defense due to size. Underrated player though)
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bernard Pierce and Lavon Brazill are two of my favorite players this weekend.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i tell ya what...i'm only into the 2nd quarter on my dvr of the san diego st ul laf game and lindley i can see why he's an nfl prospect...he's got nice feet and an nfl arm...he's throwing some lasers out there...hell of a corner route i just saw...not many guys in the college game that make that throw...i'm intrigued

larry parker looks awfully damn small out there...if he's 185 lbs i'll be shocked
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ladarius Green is 6'6" and 240 lbs and is having a ridiculous night tonight, but when UL-Lafayette isolated him in single coverage in the end zone on Larry Parker, and threw the fade to him both plays, Parker came up big and broke up the pass both times. That's 5'11" and 180 lbs on 6'6" and 240 lbs, matched up single on the fade twice...and the diminutive Parker won.

And it's not that Ladarius Green is a bad player. He's been dominating all night, 5 catches for 121 yards and a TD.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i tell ya what...i'm only into the 2nd quarter on my dvr of the san diego st ul laf game and lindley i can see why he's an nfl prospect...he's got nice feet and an nfl arm...he's throwing some lasers out there...hell of a corner route i just saw...not many guys in the college game that make that throw...i'm intrigued

larry parker looks awfully damn small out there...if he's 185 lbs i'll be shocked

Lindley looked the best he's looked all year. His footwork was neat, and accuracy was on point as a result. Moved well in the pocket avoiding the pass rush.

Of course he was doing it against a Sun Belt defense, but I was glad to see him go out and have a good game during the last game of his career. I come away with my lasting impression being the clutch drive he led in the final 2 minutes to put SDSU ahead. The kick ULL's kicker made was spectacular.

One of the best games of the entire season.
    Quote Quote