Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: With two games left, what's the feeling on Daboll?

1. -1
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks

Question With two games left, what's the feeling on Daboll?

Since game 9, Miami's offense has averaged 25.4 points per game. Considering the lockout, the unstable QB situation, shaky O'Line, and the Coaching situation, is this guy doing better or worse than you expected?

Furthermore, do you believe that at this point he deserves to stay, or, would you prefer that Miami replace him?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I like what he's done for the team. The Dolphins have left a lot of points on the field too with dropped TDs and the periodic inability to score in the red zone. The first 5-6 games the offense wasn't anything to write home about. What happened since after the Giants game that sparked the offensive turnaround? I have no idea but whatever it was, it's a good sign for Daboll's future if they can continue it these last two games.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't really had an issue with the play calling in a while so I guess he's doing pretty good. He would look even better if the OL could block consistently and MArshall doesn't drop over half of his passes in the endzone. I'd be ok with keeping Daboll, but I wouldn't be upset if he was fired either.
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Considering he came from a bad Browns offense and the hire was very questionable at the time I think he has gotten the most out of this offense even though red zone scoring has been bad. Highly doubt he remains on board with a new coach coming in but stranger thing have happened.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DABOLL is EXACTLY what MIAMI has been looking for. He apparently knew what R BUSH could do, and how much to put on our Rookie HB. He apparently WANTS to go to MARSHALL, and to HARTLINE as well. MIAMI has a possession-like WR who's "sneaky fast" in HARTLINE, and he's getting thrown to now. DABOLL and MOORE have a rapport, which can't hurt. And DABOLL knows how to use TEs. In "PARCELLSBALL", TEs block, and occasionally run 8 yard patterns. That's like Gospel in PARCELLSVILLE. But DABOLL understands, or seems to understand, 21st Century NFL football.

I'd not only look to keep DABOLL: I'd extend his contract...for as long as HE wanted. Ditto, NOLAN. And if that means firing EVERYONE ELSE, so be it; and if it means NOT hiring a "name" Coach as HC, again, SO BE IT. And if ROSS saw fit to make either of DABOLL or NOLAN the HC, I'd be fine w/THAT, too. Retread Coaches, even ones who were once topshelf, aren't "new SHULAS": they are what they are and no more. And they aren't necessarily what they once WERE...especially where they predate the new rules of c. 2003-04, that transformed the NFL into a pass-first League. Need proof? BILL PARCELLS! It's a different universe now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Consistently fails at red zone. That at any level of football will earn an F on the report card. If you look at our PF as of last week we were 3rd or dead last in every division. Besides that he is doing a great job.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    hm, still scratching my head over some calls. i'm happy with others. i don't think he'll return. we're bringing in a new HC and they usually bring in their own guys. unless you have a Tom Moore, Jimmy Johnson, Monte Kiffin or Dick LeBeau, your coordinators don't stay after a head coaching change.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    more dynamic playcaller than Henning and we've had a bunch more big plays this year, but he does struggle with playcalling in the redzone. Now some of it is Marshall dropping TDs, but we really don't use Fasano,Clay,Bess, or Hartline in the redzone. I mean this is our red zone plays

1.Fade attempt to Marshall (which I don't think has worked once)
    2.Run Reggie up the middle
    3.Run Thomas off tackle.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Philbin is an idiot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philbin is an idiot
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I'm not really blown away. He won't be around next year.
    Philbin is an idiot.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our loss if he is not retained. I see him being a good OC in this league for years to come. He understands how to stretch the field and create deception in the running game. He has managed to make this team fun to watch on offense at least. Reggie has been a big plus but a lot of it has to do with run designs. These are the type of plays that you see around the league and compared to the run into the pile garbage and pray the wildcat fools someone crap of the past its nice to see. Honestly seeing guys wideopen 20 yards down the field is a testament to his understanding to exposing what other teams like to do.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote