Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 36 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations on the Win

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Congratulations on the Win

I don't have a lot of time to take my lumps today but I promise you'll have plenty of time for that beginning tomorrow. My team stunk this year and was an embarrassment down the strecth, the QB was awful, the D was bad, the WRs terrible, the OL awful. It was a brutal end and it will be tough watching the playoffs w/o the Jets involved again as I had so much fun w/ the runs the 2 previous years.

You guys finished strong, you have the pieces in place for a top 10 D which is a good start, you need to find a good HC, a QB, upgrade the Ol a bit and you can compete for a playoff berth as early as next year. Things change quickly in this league- look at Cincy, sure they didn't have the toughest sched but w/ a rookie QB they are a playoff team and they had no expectations this year.

As far as my team, it's tough to think about next year already. I look forward to football season all year and when it's over(especially like this) it really sucks. I think we have a good, young core and we need to make a few changes to get back to top tier status. We need a RT #1, that's the biggest need this offseason. It would be nice to keep Plax and re-sign Braylon so Sanchez has a deep threat. Holmes needs to lose his captaincy and Rex needs to remove all those dumb "C" patches, the players know who the real captains are- you can't force that on them.

The QB took a step back this year w/o a doubt and he was a main culprit the last 2 weeks why we aren't going back to postseason but he's still helped us to 2 title games in 2 years and he's still very young. He will get better so I'm not worried about him.

The QB and the OC get most of the blames but the D needs to be upgraded as well, we need some LB & Safety help badly.

We'll see what happens, it's going to be a long offseason. Good luck finding the coach you want and we'll battle it out again next year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    You know, for all the times you have put your spin on things, it's posts like this that keeps you head and shoulders above the other Jets fans that visit here. Though that is not to say you haven't dipped to the troll levels before. Then again, who hasn't. Either way, thanks for the congrats. And good luck next season.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    You know, for all the times you have put your spin on things, it's posts like this that keeps you head and shoulders above the other Jets fans that visit here. Though that is not to say you haven't dipped to the troll levels before. Then again, who hasn't. Either way, thanks for the congrats. And good luck next season.
    Yo, the Dolphins seriously need to use your sig as the new logo.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterboy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Classy post. Looking forward to next year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Cutler Sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The QB took a step back this year w/o a doubt and he was a main culprit the last 2 weeks why we aren't going back to postseason but he's still helped us to 2 title games in 2 years and he's still very young. He will get better so I'm not worried about him.
    i hope to god rex feels the same way about nacho check down and keeps him as the starter.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    i hope to god rex feels the same way about nacho check down and keeps him as the starter.
    After a completing a career best 56.7% of his passes, how can he not?
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so do I, he stunk late this year w/o a doubt but we had a million problems.

Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post
    Not to pile on, but I told you that Sanchez was going to be a problem this year. He needed to progress this year for the team to improve. Instead, he regressed when he was given more responsibility. He is simply not accurate enough, consistently enough. I don't think that can be taught at this stage in his career. His own RBs and WRs were openly disrespecting his passing during the game. You could see in their body language that they are fed up with the poor throws.

Just for a moment, pretend that Indy hadn't laid down in '09 and Sanchez hadn't caught fire briefly in the the '10 playoffs against Indy and assess Sanchez's career. He'd have one playoff appearance on the strength of the running game and defense and no playoff wins. He'd be recognized as the liability that he is.
    Can we pretend we win the last 2 weeks too and are a playoff team again? the facts are we made the playoffs in 2009 and a title game run.

The run game and D were very inconsistent, mark was very good in 2010 and a major reason why we won 11 games and got back to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phin-o-rama View Post
    lol NYJUNK has been carrying the Sanchez flag all year and has the stones to say WE need a new QB?

Moore > Sanchez, and he showed it again yesterday haha
    name me the big game Matt Moore has ever won? Moore stunk Sunday too, he just stunk less tha our QB.

Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Typical Junc end of year sympathy post to try to make everyone think you're not actually a troll. And people fall for it

I enjoyed every bit of the Jets embarrassing collapse. Mark Sanchez sucks, and will always suck, as I've been trying to tell you for 3 years. Rex Ryan is not a good head coach, and will be fired soon enough as having a bad coach is bad enough, but one who never shuts the **** up is even worse. And lastly, I tried to tell you before the season, the Jets running game and offensive line was not going to be what it has been this year, and the Jets would not make the playoffs because of it. Mark Sanchez is simply too awful to carry a team. I do admit I'm surprised the defense was so bad, but I absolutely did enjoy them choking time and time again. I offer no good luck to your team. Hopefully it's as embarrassing of an offseason as possible.
    I'm glad you enjoyed finishing behind us AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    Have you figured out yet that some of us were right about Sanchez? He is no better than Henne...but you will probably be stuck with him for a long time....
    I must have msised henne helping his team to the title game 2 of his 3 years as a starter?

Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    You should be worried about Sanchez the door just shut on anymore Play off runs - ask Marino about that - and yes I told you so
    That is certainly wishful thinking, we played terribly as a team this year and were still 8-8, this is an easy fix w/ tons of young talent to build around.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverForgetDan View Post
    Just to add a little more to your pain Heat 5-0 and knicks 2-2
    I'm not a Knick fan but thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Pretty much. Was glossing over TGG today and seen him getting bashed for trying his damnedest to put more blame on the defense than that god awful piece of crap Sanchez. Junc doesn't get it, never will. They will never win a Superbowl with Mark Sanchez, hell they've been lucky to even make the playoffs, and probably won't again as long as he and Rex are there.

Rex is a player's coach. The worst type of coach. Player's rally around these coaches for a year or 2, then everything gets out of hand, and they get fired. Rex Ryan has created a culture of being undisciplined, on the football field and off of it. A culture of writing checks their ***** can't cash. And now that everything is falling apart, as you would expect from a team with no leadership whatsoever, especially at head coach, a team full of cancers at that, Ryan is sobbing like a little ***** in the locker room begging his team to stay a team. Newsflash Rex, that's your ****ing job. If you weren't such a jackass player's coach who preaches 0 discipline and how best to be a classless moron, they'd be playing like a team.
    I'm not a typical fan, I understand this game and understand we had many more problems than at QB. Anyone foolish enough to give up on a QB who helped us get to 2 title games in 3 years(his first 3 years) is a buffoon and doesn't deserve to see his team win.

Rex had success in bal for 10 years, I guess they didn't get the players coach memo. We had ONE down year(at 8-8, better than any MIami record the past 3 years). It's comical for people to act like we have been a bad team or this team wasn't competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Rex is headed down the path of the self destruction of the Jets.
    For once, I feel better about our organization.
    For once? you guys tell me every offseason how you will be better and it never works out. I can't wait to hear how great Matt Moore is and why he'll lead you to the playoffs in 2012
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
Gift received at 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM from WVDolphan
Message: You will need this when Moore comes in and starts connecting with Wallace on deep throws.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    so do I, he stunk late this year w/o a doubt but we had a million problems.

Can we pretend we win the last 2 weeks too and are a playoff team again? the facts are we made the playoffs in 2009 and a title game run.

The run game and D were very inconsistent, mark was very good in 2010 and a major reason why we won 11 games and got back to the playoffs.
    I knew asking you to be objective was pointless. Sanchez has never been good except for the briefest of stretches. By now it is obvious to everyone except for you that the "good Sanchez" is the anomaly. Can we dispense with the "Sanchez plays best in the biggest games" nonsense? Sunday was this year's biggest game and he sucked. For once, he didn't get lucky at the end of the game and overshadow a crappy performance with a few good plays.

It is never a good thing for a QB when your head coach announces that the way to get back to winning is to stop relying on the QB to win games. Or, that your GM is fielding questions about replacing you.

Some of his own teammates have given up on him. It was obvious during the game and it is a large part of the friction between Holmes and Sanchez.

From an ESPN article:

"I was told privately by a couple of Jets players just eight days earlier, following their loss to the Giants, that "we're only as good as our quarterback." So it's easy to surmise what we saw was Holmes' frustration having reached its boiling point. After he failed to catch a pass in a game for the first time in his 95-game career, coupled with unimaginable frustration from running routes, getting open and still watching Sanchez's flagrant incapability to get him or anyone else the ball with any degree of frequency, who can't understand why Holmes just couldn't hide his disgust any longer?"
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Cutler Sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post
    Can we dispense with the "Sanchez plays best in the biggest games" nonsense? Sunday was this year's biggest game and he sucked. For once, he didn't get lucky at the end of the game and overshadow a crappy performance with a few good plays.
    that giants / jets game was a pretty big game too.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    that giants / jets game was a pretty big game too.
    His first couple of years he was masked by a great defensive and an elite running game. This is the first time the team actually needed to rely on him to carry it through its deficiencies. He failed miserably. So what you have is a qb who cant do anything unless he has a great defense, an elite OL and an elite running game. Yep. Thats the type of franchise qb i want to waste a top five pick on. LOL
    Quote Quote