Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore>Matt Flynn

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Loserville
    Thanks / No Thanks

NOT SO FAST Matt Moore>Matt Flynn

Before anyone gets too crazy over Flynn, please watch the highlights of both the lions game and the patriots games. I know the Pats ga,e was his first, but I was not overly impressed with his throwing. In the lions game a huge portion of his success was YAC. The green bay packers have a great receiver core and excellent blocking that made him look better than he really was. Not to mention that the lions just flat out looked flat in the backfield. Almost like they expected to lose no matter who the qb was. In the pats game he looked a lot more human and the success he did have was again YAC executed very well is great blocking and great receiver talent.

In my opinion, Moore has done a great job with a LOT less to work with. If you can imagine Moore with the GB offense, how would the stats be? I imagine he would look just as good or better. I am more impressed with a qb looking decent in a mediocre offense, than a mediocre qb in an excellent offense.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Watch Moore play.

He thorws horrible passes. Aside from a few good ones, most of em are behind the WR

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I asked this in another thread but how strong is Flynns arm? I saw him throw about a 40 yarder (i think it was about 40) - not a very hard pass to throw, that was well behind Nelson. The throw was weak.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ocean County, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I wouldnt say that flynn is better than moore , or the other way around. Flynn is in a great system and that is obvious. Moore is serviceable. The difference is that we already have Moore and would have to give up something to get Flynn IMO. Ill stick with moore and draft his replacement
    EARTHCWAKEEEEEEEEEEE! #91
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Moores biggest weakness is arm strength and thats not coachable. Keep in mind Flynn was throwing a frozen ball in blistering winds and snow yesterday. Moore had picture perfect weather.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with rdksek844, i think that Moore could be our guy and we should use our draft picks for offensive line, resign Henne as a back up.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Acworth, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybobommy View Post
    I wouldnt say that flynn is better than moore , or the other way around. Flynn is in a great system and that is obvious. Moore is serviceable. The difference is that we already have Moore and would have to give up something to get Flynn IMO. Ill stick with moore and draft his replacement
    The only thing we have to give up for Flynn is money. He is a Free Agent after this year. If our FO is targeting him, we better pray nothing happens to Aaron Rodgers and Flynn steps in and lead them to the Super Bowl.
    Hope is not a strategy.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Flynn has better arm strength, senses pressure better, has better ball placement, and is all around a better player than Moore.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mag1carl View Post
    I agree with rdksek844, i think that Moore could be our guy and we should use our draft picks for offensive line, resign Henne as a back up.
    Henne won't want to be a backup. He showed enough at the beginning of the year to be able to compete for a starting job elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    for some reason I have Kevin Kolb going through my mind. A career backup being heralded as a savior.

Beware is all I'll say. I'd rather draft a talent.

with the way the Packers are playing AJ Feeley would look like Peyton Manning.

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    LES f**g MILES

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The problem is we have been watching Moore all year long. He falls apart in the 2nd half, he fumbles the ball and misses wide open recievers.

Flynn has played 2 games with NO running game and excelled in both games. Also, he had less than 1 week to take snaps with the starting team prior to
    both of his starts, against 2 playoff teams. No Greg Jennings in the game against Detroit. And the Lions scored 41 points, I don't buy the argument that the
    Lions were laying down either.
    JARVIS LANDRY = HINES WARD 2.0
    Quote Quote