Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bill Polian Bandwagon

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

I Can Dream 3 The Bill Polian Bandwagon

I sincerely hope Ross looks at bringing in Bill Polian to serve in some capacity for this organization. Not only does he have an incredible track record of success building the Buffalo Bills organization that played in 4 Superbowls, building the expansion Carolina Panthers which was the most rapidly successful expansion team at the time, to most recently his tenure with the Indiainapolis Colts which lead to the drafting of Peyton Manning and a Super Bowl title. I think Jim Irsay and the Colts made a big mistake letting this guy go, and I think Ross would be foolish to overlook him. Bill Polian is twice the GM Ireland could ever be (although I do like Ireland), and I would love to see him serve as the VP of Football Operations for the Miami Dolphins. Not to mention, Bill Polian remember is the one that drafted Peyton Manning, and pipe dream or not, could that maybe help us land Manning if their is a falling out with this Andrew Luck ordeal and Colts ownership? Peyton Manning has basically stated is enamored with Polian and has built special relationship with him over the years. Anyway, I am officially on the Bill Polian bandwagon.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    leave no stone unturned.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Polian was hired when the Colts secured the 1st pick overall... When Brady went down to injury, The Pats offense didnt miss a beat. When the Packers decided to sit Rodgers, his back-up threw for 6 tds... When the Colts lost Peyton Manning, they won 2 games all season... Say no to Polian...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With Carl Peterson already in the mix, Polian will find another home. Probably wherever Fisher lands.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Both scenarios are results of wonderful offensive systems, not necessarily talent. Case in point, remember AJ Feeley when he came in for an injured Mcnabb and played within Reid's explosive offensive system? Their GM probably looked like a genius when Feeley played great in a very small dosage. And then our Dolphins went out and got Feeley, and the rest of the story is just too painful to tell. Polian has 2 Decades of Success behind him and numerous AFC Championships as well as Superbowl games under his belt. Find me another GM or VP with those credentials.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry I cant buy into this formula. The Colts being a dominant team for most of the past decade and a half and Manning 's success has as much to to do with Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Egerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark,Jeff Saturday,Robert Mathis,Cato June, etc. etc. There are a lot of Pro Bowlers that have been on that roster and compared to our token one or two players a year it is embarrassing. I think it is fair to ask why he has not been successful in reloading them now that most of those guys have left or retired or are just plain old. But Polian has successfully built several franchises. I would be Ok with him.

Quote Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
    Polian was hired when the Colts secured the 1st pick overall... When Brady went down to injury, The Pats offense didnt miss a beat. When the Packers decided to sit Rodgers, his back-up threw for 6 tds... When the Colts lost Peyton Manning, they won 2 games all season... Say no to Polian...
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He was GM for 12 years and he has barely pumped out any Pro Bowl Caliber players. There is a list of Wayne, Harrison (HOF), Clark, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders, and obviously Manning. Based on this year you could argue that Manning had as much to do with Wayne, Harrison and Clark. Leaving 3 pro bowl caliber players that were solely due to Polian's judgement. I would hate to get this guy. OVERRATED.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerVogel View Post
    Both scenarios are results of wonderful offensive systems, not necessarily talent. Case in point, remember AJ Feeley when he came in for an injured Mcnabb and played within Reid's explosive offensive system? Their GM probably looked like a genius when Feeley played great in a very small dosage. And then our Dolphins went out and got Feeley, and the rest of the story is just too painful to tell. Polian has 2 Decades of Success behind him and numerous AFC Championships as well as Superbowl games under his belt. Find me another GM or VP with those credentials.
    You cant tell me you can get by in the NFL team wise just on a system... You need talent, And the Colt are completely dvoid of it without Peyton in the lineup...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    Sorry I cant buy into this formula. The Colts being a dominant team for most of the past decade and a half and Manning 's success has as much to to do with Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Egerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark,Jeff Saturday,Robert Mathis,Cato June, etc. etc. There are a lot of Pro Bowlers that have been on that roster and compared to our token one or two players a year it is embarrassing. I think it is fair to ask why he has not been successful in reloading them now that most of those guys have left or retired or are just plain old. But Polian has successfully built several franchises. I would be Ok with him.
    Well Bill Parcells built several franchises too, all I'm saying is that his most recent project, the Colts have been proven to be a 1 player thing, and we just witnessed what happened when that player didnt play in the season...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clearly with how poorly the Colts performed without Manning is a sign that Polian didn't do as well as we'd all like to think.

Manning masked a lot of bad picks.

Polian should retire and do TV.. Otherwise we'll get another Parcells scenario.

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote