Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: The Case for Brandon Weeden

1. -101
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not an impressive list of QBs Monken has coached at all. Matt Flynn is still a question mark but he may turn out the best of the bunch...he also had the benefit of sitting and learning and maturing physically for the last 4 years in Green Bay. Weeden is already mature physically, he'll be 29 in October so he should be in his prime physically, there is little to no growth left there.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When you think what the dolphins have done with their first and second picks, I don't get the concern about Weeden's age you get a guy that is showing special stuff and he could play at a high level for say six to seven years what is the problem.
    Should we list the never ending list of QBs that didn't get it done in Miami.
    He's the best available QB when the Dolphins pick why not give it a try, we wasted enough picks Henne, White etc etc etc

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

When you think what the dolphins have done with their first and second picks, I don't get the concern about Weeden's age you get a guy that is showing special stuff and he could play at a high level for say six to seven years what is the problem.<br>Should we list the never ending list of QBs that didn't get it done in Miami.<br>He's the best available QB when the Dolphins pick why not give it a try, we wasted enough picks Henne, White etc etc etc
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope to hell we don't draft Weeden. He's not nfl ready, which means a year or two at least to get acclimated. then you get what, 4 or 5 good years out of him before age catches up, and his game slips? No thank you.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantprodigy View Post
    I hope to hell we don't draft Weeden. He's not nfl ready, which means a year or two at least to get acclimated. then you get what, 4 or 5 good years out of him before age catches up, and his game slips? No thank you.
    What about him do you think makes him not NFL ready??

IMO, he is as NFL ready as any QB I've seen recent years. Probably more NFL ready because of age,maturity, and excellent leadership qualities.

He finished his degree in 2010. He will have a full offseason to work on transitioning to the pro game.

Nope, can't agree at all that he isn't NFL ready. In fact I would indeed say the opposite would be true in Weeden's case.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post

IMO, he is as NFL ready as any QB I've seen recent years. Probably more NFL ready because of age,maturity, and excellent leadership qualities.

He finished his degree in 2010. He will have a full offseason to work on transitioning to the pro game.

Nope, can't agree at all that he isn't NFL ready. In fact I would indeed say the opposite would be true in Weeden's case.
    When I say NFL ready, I mean he's not going to come in and light up the world in his rookie year. Just about every QB takes a year or two to acclimate. Most take 3 or 4. He's going to be 29 soon. He doesn't have time to acclimate.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post

Exactly. Weeden has made every throw out of the OSU offense and has shown the power, accuracy and touch to make any NFL throw. He's a class act and is as NFL ready as any Qb out there. As to his playing in the shotgun- he'll be doing quite a bit of theat in the pros and I have no reason to believe that he'll have any problem dropping back in the pocket, that's an overblown issue imo. He's good to go.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    When I say NFL ready, I mean he's not going to come in and light up the world in his rookie year. Just about every QB takes a year or two to acclimate. Most take 3 or 4. He's going to be 29 soon. He doesn't have time to acclimate.
    well sure, hardly does a rookie QB light it up, but you can still be effective and win with them. look no further than Cincinnati. Dalton was in no way, shape or form a better QB prospect than Weeden is and yet they made the play-offs.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look at Andy Dalton and Cam Newton this year. Even if Weeden has to endure a break in process his first year, that's fine. That would give him 7 years after his rookie year before he turns 37. Everyone who likes Weeden would prefer that he's 21, but there's no helping that. He is, easily, the closest thing to Andrew Luck out there. Quite frankly, age aside, I might prefer Weeden because he has a better arm. A QB of Weeden's talent for 7-8 years would be a welcome sight to this crapfest of an organization. They should have given Fisher control over Jeff Ireland, who is a decent GM but also kind of a jerk. This franchise has screwed the pooch consistently since Don Shula was unceremoniously dumped. If he was a few years younger I'd say bring him back- you never know how much you'll miss someone until they're gone. Shula was flawed, especially in personnel matters, but he also got screwed out of Bobby Beathard, George Young, Ted Hendricks, Warfield/Czonka/Kiick, etc. The Dolphins could use a dose of "cult of personality'- get a big name, alpha dog head coach in there and have Ireland- or some other GM- answer to him. That and drafting Weeden would go a long, long way to restroring this franchise imo.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo

The glaring WEAKNESSES.................. Brandon Weeden.....
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    That whole clip was some funny **** WV. Anyone else hoping this guy makes another video next week if they should lose their game.
    Quote Quote