Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Case for Brandon Weeden

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    are you saying he will go sooner or later than the 2nd? I was thinking the 2nd sounds about right. At 28, he should go later but they always overvalue QBs
    At 28 he will go no earlier than 3rd round his age makes him a huge risk
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I guess people forget who Chris Weinke was. he was damn good probably every bit as good or better than Weeden and he was drafted in 4th round. The age will hurt his draft and you can also write down the jets wont be drafting qb high
    I get that. But this league is different now. The QB is so valuable and the league is designed to benefit the QB position. It's much easier today for a college QB to transition to the league and be impactful. The Jets have a lot more pieces than Carolina did when they took Weinke. Age will certainly hurt his draft stock and the OP mentioning that Flynn is 26 is irrelevant. You can get a younger Flynn off the market on the cheap. If you take Weeden you're having to spend a valuable draft pick.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess people forget who Chris Weinke was. he was damn good probably every bit as good or better than Weeden and he was drafted in 4th round. The age will hurt his draft and you can also write down the jets wont be drafting qb high
    I don't think you can compare Weinke's noodle arm with Weeden's gun. He has a fastball and put it on national display at the Fiesta Bowl.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I get that. But this league is different now. The QB is so valuable and the league is designed to benefit the QB position. It's much easier today for a college QB to transition to the league and be impactful. The Jets have a lot more pieces than Carolina did when they took Weinke. Age will certainly hurt his draft stock and the OP mentioning that Flynn is 26 is irrelevant. You can get a younger Flynn off the market on the cheap. If you take Weeden you're having to spend a valuable draft pick.
    age esp at qb hurts draft stock esp in todays nfl
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    age esp at qb hurts draft stock esp in todays nfl
    In no way am I saying draft Weeden in the first or second round lol. I don't want Weeden because of his age. It's very risky IMO.

But a team like the Jets who take a lot of risks...wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    In no way am I saying draft Weeden in the first or second round lol. I don't want Weeden because of his age. It's very risky IMO.

But a team like the Jets who take a lot of risks...wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    we take more risks in draft than they do
    pat white, hartline,misi,murphy,
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess they forget who Roger Staubach and Warren Moon were too.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Diecast: Fade Away
    http://youtu.be/bDWlJL5dTxA
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we take more risks in draft than they do
    pat white, hartline,misi,murphy,
    Terrible choices aren't risks man. Taking buttfumble in the top 10 was a risk (which delightfully turned into a flop). Phins make bad choices, but no team that takes a C at 15 should ever be considered risky.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steviey013 View Post
    I don't think you can compare Weinke's noodle arm with Weeden's gun. He has a fastball and put it on national display at the Fiesta Bowl.
    was talking overall talent and coming out of college nobody was saying Weinke had a weak arm. Believe me when i say it I have paid attention to the draft as well as any on here and and Weeden will go earliest in third round
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    Terrible choices aren't risks man. Taking buttfumble in the top 10 was a risk (which delightfully turned into a flop). Phins make bad choices, but no team that takes a C at 15 should ever be considered risky.
    Pat White huge risk we already had a young qb and we drafted way too high worst draft choice ever, Hartline much lower rated we took him much earlier than expected has been a solid player but huge risk. Murphy way overdrafted him so quite risky. Wilson out of montanna although a late pick still a risk on a guy who was never really a prospect even before he got in trouble, pleasent suprise probably a solid special teams and dime player for a while. We play it safe when we shoudnt and take unecessary risks like trading up to get Thomas with some good backs still on board while passing up the more logical risk of trading up for mallet.
    Quote Quote