Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Case for Brandon Weeden

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    The 3rd-4th is where he should go, I just think someone will reach
    We saw Parcells reach on people like Pat White, but my gut tells me that Ireland is not a reacher.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland did pretty good last year. Thomas was disappointing but he got good players in good spots. grabbing Moore in free agency turned out great, let's hope he can do the same with a QB in the draft
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Underpaying All Free Agents

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Agree that Weeden will go 3rd round or later. His age is a huge problem that nothing can erase.

I think the hot name QB will be Tannehill. Could see him moving up to the first round with a solid combine.

The Miami Dolphins: Your home for QBs weeping in the fetal position since 1999.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Osweiler just declared today. I'm sure that hurts Weeden.

Teams will take a raw QB with huge upside over a 29 year old QB almost everytime.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Those are more dumb decisions than risks. No one ever looked at Pat White, Brian Hartline, etc., and said this dude could be a home run.

Weeden could be. And the Jets are more likely to gamble and take a risk on a QB home run than we are. They did it with Mark Sanchez. Dolphins are drafting scared.
    Well, Hartline ended up being a pretty good player for a 4th rounder, so its hard to call that a dumb decision. Solid player that can start if need be...cant expect much more from those rounds.

Pat White though...good God.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know, I never even thought about it this way before. I always call Brandon Weeden The Natural or Roy Hobbs. That's because of the way he plays football.

But I was just thinking that it applies in another way. This is a guy that gets drafted in the 2nd round of the MLB Draft out of high school, makes a million or two as a baseball player. Then he decides to walk-on at a prestigious BCS program as a football player, and eventually he's starting, setting every record there is at the school, competing for a championship, etc. He'll make millions in football.

And I've never thought much about it but this year he also successfully made Oklahoma State's golf team as a walk-on. I just looked it up, and Oklahoma State's 12 man golf team is ranked 2nd in the country. And he just walked on, just cuz he kind of likes it. He's got a 2 or 3 handicap when he gets things going.

This is one of those annoying guys that can have never played foosball a day in his life, you teach him how to play, and a week later he's winning thousand dollar foosball tourneys. Some day we're going to be watching him throwing touchdown passes for an NFL team and a lot of people are going to be asking themselves, how did we manage to overthink it on a guy THIS good?
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    You know, I never even thought about it this way before. I always call Brandon Weeden The Natural or Roy Hobbs. That's because of the way he plays football.

But I was just thinking that it applies in another way. This is a guy that gets drafted in the 2nd round of the MLB Draft out of high school, makes a million or two as a baseball player. Then he decides to walk-on at a prestigious BCS program as a football player, and eventually he's starting, setting every record there is at the school, competing for a championship, etc. He'll make millions in football.

And I've never thought much about it but this year he also successfully made Oklahoma State's golf team as a walk-on. I just looked it up, and Oklahoma State's 12 man golf team is ranked 2nd in the country. And he just walked on, just cuz he kind of likes it. He's got a 2 or 3 handicap when he gets things going.

This is one of those annoying guys that can have never played foosball a day in his life, you teach him how to play, and a week later he's winning thousand dollar foosball tourneys. Some day we're going to be watching him throwing touchdown passes for an NFL team and a lot of people are going to be asking themselves, how did we manage to overthink it on a guy THIS good?
    You know as well as I do that his age eliminates him from Jeff Ireland's prototype, so we'll pass on another elite level QB.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Contortionist: Language I: Intuition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Bc...cFcJcoyqt1u2zg
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sam Bradford is also a single digit handicap if I'm not mistaken.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Sam Bradford is also a single digit handicap if I'm not mistaken.
    Tony Romo is pretty much a scratch golfer. Tom Brady, Brees, Elway, Favre, Marino are single digits. I guess that's a good sign except....Trent Dilfer is also a scratch golfer. I'm about a plus 20. Maybe Henne and I can hit the links then.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brandon Weeden is too old, reached his ceiling in college. I will throw up if we drafted him earlier than the 5th round. There are only three QBs that I want and thats Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin and Ryan Tannehill, if we cant get one of these three than dont waste a draft pick just drafting any old QB. There might be a hidden gem in this draft no one is talking about, but other than the top three i mention I am not interested.
    Quote Quote