Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: ***OFFICIAL 2012 Allstate BCS National Championship Game Night Thread***

  1. -31
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,041
    vCash:
    3429
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    The problem is that you kids have played too many video games.

    When teams are actually capable of executing the fundamentals of defense, can shed blocks at the POA, tackle, cover receivers, and stomp quarterbacks.... they're 'boring' teams.


    As long as a team is whiffing tackles, blowing coverages, and playing tennis up and down the field against each other.... they're "exciting".


    That's not how football is played. Not by good teams.


    Put the video games up and learn how good football is supposed to be played.
    LOL! People get so damn spoiled by games like Baylor-Washington where one team looks like they're playing without defensive ends and the other looks like they don't have any safeties.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,008
    vCash:
    2651
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    It was a defensive raping as bad as the 92 rape against Miami.......
    Either team would have destroyed Okie Lite.....USC would have been bitched slapped.
    The crystal stays in Alabama...three years straight.
    The right teams were playing. Doesn't mean it wasn't a boring football game between 2 terrible offenses and 2 incredible defenses.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    dreday's Avatar
    future of the funk

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    26,021
    vCash:
    6068
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerCam Wake 91
    ls-who? RMFTR!!

    2014 ladies lounge entry:ariel meredith
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,012
    vCash:
    3572
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    LOL! People get so damn spoiled by games like Baylor-Washington where one team looks like they're playing without defensive ends and the other looks like they don't have any safeties.

    They are playing without defensive ends and safeties.

    The brand of football these teams are playing is essentially 7-on-7 drills.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    chrisbaucom's Avatar
    Fins4Life

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2006
    Posts:
    1,034
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    The problem is that you kids have played too many video games.

    When teams are actually capable of executing the fundamentals of defense, can shed blocks at the POA, tackle, cover receivers, and stomp quarterbacks.... they're 'boring' teams.


    As long as a team is whiffing tackles, blowing coverages, and playing tennis up and down the field against each other.... they're "exciting".


    That's not how football is played. Not by good teams.


    Put the video games up and learn how good football is supposed to be played.

    Yeah, that must be it. You love telling people how to think and what they should be doing. The problem with you old farts is you think you're way is always the right way, and I'm not a kid. Get over yourself.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,012
    vCash:
    3572
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    The right teams were playing. Doesn't mean it wasn't a boring football game between 2 terrible offenses and 2 incredible defenses.

    LSU averages 41 points per game against teams not named Alabama.

    Alabama averages 39 points per game against teams not named LSU.


    This is stellar defense being played, not terrible offense. It's hard to look good on offense when there's nearly 30 NFL prospects, and anywhere from 10-14 that are going in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft anytime these two defenses are on the field.

    Alabama and LSU make a living on making offenses look bad. I guarantee you there's several 'special' offenses around the country that will vouch.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    14,724
    vCash:
    10597
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    The problem is that you kids have played too many video games.

    When teams are actually capable of executing the fundamentals of defense, can shed blocks at the POA, tackle, cover receivers, and stomp quarterbacks.... they're 'boring' teams.


    As long as a team is whiffing tackles, blowing coverages, and playing tennis up and down the field against each other.... they're "exciting".


    That's not how football is played. Not by good teams.


    Put the video games up and learn how good football is supposed to be played.
    Your previous post was the best in the thread till this one followed it up perfectly.

    Morons who think OSU vs. either or these teams was a better game. Yea, because watching LSU beat OSU or any of those other **** teams 47-23 wouldve been just great to watch. Get ****ing real. Just because some other team wouldve scored some points dosent make it a better game. Its a ****ing blowout.

    And you nailed it. Watching LSU vs. OSU is the same game as LSU vs Oregon or WVU. ****ty teams who score points with gimmick HS offenses on a college level. I personally hate watching that spread offense bull****. The SEC is REAL football. Actual defense is good to watch ya know.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    The Confessor's Avatar
    Doesnt play well with others

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    8,931
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think there's a very good reason this "Championship***" thread only has 4 pages, mostly covered by 4 or 5 posters, and the networks are declaring record lows in viewing.


    This was NOT a "Championship" game. I don't care how much anybody points to whatever.


    And finally, we will get change. The billionaires that are running this dog and pony show lost billions Monday night. That is going to change things.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,282
    vCash:
    2773
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Look at the scores from every game these two teams played. The only contests they had were eachother. The two best teams played tonight.

    As far as splitting the championship, I get that LSU won the first time around. But if there was a playoff and they played, the first game is irrelevant. This was a national title game and should be treated as such. The winner is the champion. In 07, did it matter that the Pats had beaten the Giants in the regular season?
    i think its a bit different.

    when talking about how the pats beat the giants in the regular season, the nfl has a playoff system, which is the right system. their will be plenty of times where you can get teams meeting that already played eachother in the regular season, if it happens, it happens. both teams wont just be given the right to replay eachother, both teams had to earn the right to get their by winning 3 playoff games ( 2 for the pats due to the bye).

    as far as the bcs, none of these teams have to face another team to get their, they are just voted in. that is retarded. people who like to defend the bcs saying it just makes college football so much more important week to week, well their argument is out the window now, because a team like alabama who played by far their biggest game of the season vs lsu and alabama was home for that game, yet they still lost, and even though they lost the biggest game on their home turf, and they didnt even have to play in a conference title game, they still were given a spot to play in the bcs championship game. that my friend is absurd. i don't care if they are the 2nd best team really, they lost at home to lsu who was 1 at the time, they shouldn't be allowed to play in the championship game, especially if the decision is made by a voters committee, so they can choose the teams. if it was a playoff system and thats what happened, no argument here, it would have been what it was.

    the one good thing to come out of that game can be that maybe now, we will finally see a playoff of some sort, and eventually a full fledged playoff which it should be.

    imagine if in the NFL they just voted the top 2 teams in each year to the superbowl, 1 from each conference without a playoff.

    2010- superbowl- packers- steelers- bcs championship game in nfl terms- pats- falcons
    2009- a rarity, both 1's made it
    2008- superbowl- cards- steelers- bcs championship game in nfl terms- giants-titans
    2007- superbowl- pats- giants- bcs championship game in nfl terms- cowboys -pats

    u get the point, aside from the 2009 season where the colts and saints both number 1's played in the Superbowl, the other seasons, most 1 seeds didnt make it, and the time they did they didnt win, aka 07 pats.

    im sure their were other super bowls that had 2 1's playing, but for the most part, it usually does not end like that due to the playoff system, which is the best system. not this dumb bcs ****. no excitement whatsoever.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,012
    vCash:
    3572
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    i think its a bit different.

    when talking about how the pats beat the giants in the regular season, the nfl has a playoff system, which is the right system. their will be plenty of times where you can get teams meeting that already played eachother in the regular season, if it happens, it happens. both teams wont just be given the right to replay eachother, both teams had to earn the right to get their by winning 3 playoff games ( 2 for the pats due to the bye).

    as far as the bcs, none of these teams have to face another team to get their, they are just voted in. that is retarded. people who like to defend the bcs saying it just makes college football so much more important week to week, well their argument is out the window now, because a team like alabama who played by far their biggest game of the season vs lsu and alabama was home for that game, yet they still lost, and even though they lost the biggest game on their home turf, and they didnt even have to play in a conference title game, they still were given a spot to play in the bcs championship game. that my friend is absurd. i don't care if they are the 2nd best team really, they lost at home to lsu who was 1 at the time, they shouldn't be allowed to play in the championship game, especially if the decision is made by a voters committee, so they can choose the teams. if it was a playoff system and thats what happened, no argument here, it would have been what it was.

    the one good thing to come out of that game can be that maybe now, we will finally see a playoff of some sort, and eventually a full fledged playoff which it should be.

    imagine if in the NFL they just voted the top 2 teams in each year to the superbowl, 1 from each conference without a playoff.

    2010- superbowl- packers- steelers- bcs championship game in nfl terms- pats- falcons
    2009- a rarity, both 1's made it
    2008- superbowl- cards- steelers- bcs championship game in nfl terms- giants-titans
    2007- superbowl- pats- giants- bcs championship game in nfl terms- cowboys -pats

    u get the point, aside from the 2009 season where the colts and saints both number 1's played in the Superbowl, the other seasons, most 1 seeds didnt make it, and the time they did they didnt win, aka 07 pats.

    im sure their were other super bowls that had 2 1's playing, but for the most part, it usually does not end like that due to the playoff system, which is the best system. not this dumb bcs ****. no excitement whatsoever.


    Your argument against the BCS is full of holes and contradictions here.

    The Packers won the superbowl last year and didn't even win their division. Furthermore, being a conference champion has nothing to do with who the best 2 teams in the country are. The best 2 teams in the country this season both resided inside the same division, in the same conference.... and there's a pretty good case to be made that the 3 best teams in the country were all in the SEC West. Arkansas could still claim they're the 3rd best team in the country. They only lost to #1 and #2.

    The point is, only one can be the the SEC West champion. Anybody that watched the first matchup between LSU and Bama knew that Bama was the better team and should've won that game. But they didn't, LSU gets to go play in the SEC title game as a result.

    Stanford didn't win their conference. The Big-12 (Oklahoma St.) didn't even play a conference championship game this year because they don't even have enough teams to host one. You have to have 12 teams in order to have a conference championship game. Using your own logic, those two are both eliminated from playing in the national championship game.

    That leaves Oregon with 2 losses, Clemson with 4 losses, Wisconsin with 3 losses, and West Virginia with 3 losses as the teams to choose from to play LSU in the national championship since these 4 teams "won their conference".


    The Pac-12 champ Oregon doesn't even belong on the same field with LSU, that was proven on the field. The ACC champ Clemson, got beat 34-13 by the 5th best team in the SEC (South Carolina), lost 37-13 to unranked N.C. State, lost 31-17 to Georgia Tech, and gave up more TD's in one night in the Orange Bowl than Alabama has given up all season when they lost 70-33 to West Virginia.

    Wisconsin lost 37-31 to Michigan St., lost 33-29 to unranked Ohio St., and lost 45-38 to Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

    West Virginia doen't belong on the field with LSU, and that was also proven on the field when LSU beat them 47-21 in Morgantown. They also lost to unranked Syracuse 49-23, and lost to unranked Louisville 38-35.


    So which of those 4 "conference champions" deserved to be playing for the national title, and which one wasn't going to be down by double digits to LSU at halftime? None.



    The SEC started playing a conference championship game first in 1992. Teams from the Big-10, Pac-10, old Big-East, etc. have all been playing in national championship games without having to play a conference championship game for decades.

    All conferences aren't equal, and until all conferences are playing a conference championship game, the argument is completely bogus.



    The NFL playoff system is flawed when you can get into the playoffs with a losing record, just because a team won a bad division..... while a team with a 10-6 record from a much tougher division gets left out. Yet nobody complains about it because if the NFL does it.... it must be right.

    You're not guaranteed to get the 2 best teams in the superbowl either. The only thing you're guaranteed to get is the two teams who got the hottest in the playoffs.


    An 'NFL style' playoff simply isn't practical in college football. Millions of fans would literally have to sell their houses in order to afford being able to follow their team around the country playing in playoff games should they keep advancing. The 4 major bowls have to stay intact no matter what system you use.

    Furthermore, the SEC already proposed a +1 playoff system back in '08 to avoid this very scenario where two SEC teams play for the national title... because they knew it was going to happen. None of the other conferences (aside from the ACC) wanted any part of it. Therefore, the complaints fall on deaf ears.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. ***2012 FH March Madness NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP Voting Underway***
    By CedarPhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 05:12 PM
  2. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 06:18 PM
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 11:55 PM
  4. Official NCAA Championship Game Thread
    By finswin56 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 10:14 AM
  5. Official National Championship Thread
    By SMadison29 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 02:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •