Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fisher in Nashville making final decision-Miami very much an option

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fisher in Nashville making final decision-Miami very much an option

Now Jeff Fisher takes a day to pick the Rams or Dolphins. After spending five hours at the Rams' practice facility in suburban Earth City, Mo., Sunday, the former Titans coach returned to Nashville to consider his options. By Tuesday, I expect he'll have figured out whether St. Louis or Miami is the best place for him; and his agent, Marvin Demoff, will begin negotiating with one team, or both if it's every close. Expect a resolution by Thursday.
    Fisher, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, is concerned about the possibility of the Rams moving to Los Angeles, and he'll want to have that concern addressed by owner Stan Kroenke before making his final call. He also has concerns about Miami, and it's expected he'll ask both clubs to clarify their positions on several matters before he decides.
    As I said Saturday on NBC, I expect the Dolphins and owner Stephen Ross to be the high bidders if this comes to pitting one franchise against the other. But I also expect Fisher to go to the place he feels he has the best chance to win. In Miami, the pros are he'd have a playoff-ready defense, some good offensive pieces and an owner willing to spend whatever it takes to win; the cons are he wouldn't have a franchise quarterback, and he'd be battling Bill Belichick and Tom Brady for (just guessing) at least the next three years.
    Pros in St. Louis: Sam Bradford's still likely an excellent quarterback prospect, the team is flush with cap room in the next two years, there's no franchise quarterbacks on the other three teams, and the Rams could leverage the second pick in this draft into two to four high picks. Cons: the mystery of Kroenke and what he'll spend, and whether he might move to L.A.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the decision is too hard either way, why not take another year off? That would be fine avec moi!

This a playoff-ready D, but as a 3-4.. not if he monkeys with it.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Torrance, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man, I never was in love with bringing this guy in, but figured with his experience and how close he got to winning it all that he may have worked out. Now, I'm totally sour on him and his moustache. Please God not another Wannstache. It's like Groundhog Day up in this franchise.
    The future of the Miami Dolphins offense!!!!

From left to right...Michael Egnew, Lamar Miller, and Ryan Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey OP.. you have 2 threads.. one saying he's in Nashville deciding his fate, then another saying he had flown home to California to decide his fate... pick one.

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    like i always said he is going to go to miami.....
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterboy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    Hey OP.. you have 2 threads.. one saying he's in Nashville deciding his fate, then another saying he had flown home to California to decide his fate... pick one.
    This ^
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im tired of thsi whole thing.

i am COMPLETELY sour on this guy.

this is just DUMB now. who is this guy? he is not that great. why does he get to take like 2 weeks to do this crap.

he goes to play footsey with the entire Rams team yesterday, now he may negotiate with both teams.

great so we basically give this guy whatever he wants to come here and he is NOT a top tier candidate. he is NOT cowher or Gruden. he is Jeff fisher. that irrelevant guy who has been coaching an irrelevant TN team for 17 years.

ross and peterson need to duck out if hes not 100 percent with us by tonight. com'on we have other candidates many of who are BETTER candidates. i Cannot honestly beleive we are letting a great opportunity to find the RIGHT guy among several candidates to finally turn this team around slip right by us by spending several WEEKS on ONE guy who is not that great. god im losing patenience with this idiot ross.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How is the Rams' current lack of talent not listed in the cons?

On offense the only players that seem worth a damn are Steven Jackson, Rodger Saffold and Jason Brown. And among them, Jackson and Brown are high contract guys. On defense the only guys that seem worth a damn are Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, and maybe Quintin Mikell although it should be noted he'll be 32 years old next year. James Hall plays pretty well but he'll be 35 next year. Gary Gibson played pretty well. They have Robert Quinn who was a high draft pick but he's not done anything to indicate he's worth a damn or not.

Overall it seems like a pretty bad roster. I would think that Miami's roster is much more attractive even if we don't have Sam Bradford.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Underpaying All Free Agents

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Primary reason it might actually be a good thing if Fisher doesn't come here: The inevitable irritating "Fish to the Fish!" headlines.

The Miami Dolphins: Your home for QBs weeping in the fetal position since 1999.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote