Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Melvin Gordon Update:

1. -1
    BAKLAVA

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies

Melvin Gordon Update:

SAN DIEGO -- Melvin Gordon's mediocre training camp continued Thursday night in San Diego's 17-7 preseason win over Dallas.
    Taking the field with the starters, Gordon had six carries for just 11 yards. Though San Diego punched it in for a touchdown on the opening drive, the Chargers did so via Danny Woodhead as Gordon watched from the sidelines. After Gordon and Woodhead took a seat, second-year back Brandon Oliver shined with 10 carries for 53 yards and a score.
    For the heralded rookie out of Wisconsin, the slow start was more of the same: Gordon in camp has not assumed the confident, downhill approach that defined him in college, instead appearing to wait too long for his blocks before being stuffed for small gains.
    "I definitely have a lot of work to do," he said afterward. "It definitely wasn't what I expected at all, but we have some more preseason games before the regular season to fine tune myself."
    After the Chargers took him off the field, Gordon appeared to ask coaches for more carries.
    "I definitely wanted to get back in there," Gordon said, "but like I said I understand there are some guys that they need to evaluate and they need to get on tape to see what they can do, so I understand."
    It remains to be seen how much San Diego wants to test its first-round back in the preseason, but Gordon looks like he could use the work.
    "They can't block all 11 guys, so it's on me to make that guy miss and make something happen," he said. "So I got to get better there and I will."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He probably had scrubs blocking for him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    BAKLAVA

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    He probably had scrubs blocking for him.
    naw... he even said that the holes where there for him, and they did their job. he was missing the holes and the looks, leaving yards on the field. he is learning from mistakes!!!
    he has been having a poor training camp as well. but we wil lsee in time obviously.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im still high on Gordon. I dont think he looked that bad in the first preseason game. The blocking didnt look very good at all.
    Quote Quote