Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Lamar Miller > Trent Richardson

1. -61
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Your making this statement after only 2 games?

3 games now, and I'd say RG3 clearly has this thing locked up if he keeps playing as remotely good as he has been. He has all the hype surrounding him, and that's as important as anything since the media does the voting. Doesn't help that Richardson has looked pretty damn awful in 2 games either. Long way to go of course, but I don't see RG3 slipping enough that he doesn't run away with it, even if Trent Richardson has a great year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    another vote for miller time here. I was on the miller side of this conversation when it was started way back. We didn't have to give up the third pick in the draft for a back who is IMO, been more productive or at the very least just as productive so far as a pro in lamar miller.

31 less rushing attempts, 62 less yards, 1 less touchdown. (rushing)... he has yet to be featured in the passing game but even still he only trails trich by 11 rec and a td.

it's a long ways out before we can tell who the better back will be in the NFL, but as of right now we have 3 professional games to go off of, and IMO, lamar miller may end up having the better statistical year, playing from a backup role.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    beast
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...snt-effective/

Miller cannot seem to get on the field right now, but after reading this article, I am still holding to my take that Miller will end up being better than Richardson.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd give you credit on Miller Hayden Fox.

I think their talent is close enough that the only thing really seperating them is opportunity for carries. I think Miller, once he learns to pass block, can be a starting HB in the NFL.

Thats part of the reason I'd never draft a RB in the first round unless I thought they were a truely unique talent and could become the best RB in football (Like Peterson as a prospect).

I wasn't a fan of Cleveland taking Richardson so high, especially since Miller(4th rd), Alfred Morris (6th Rd), and Daryl Richardson (7th Rd) all look really good. Vick Ballard also looks decent and he was a 5th Rd pick I believe too, so I don't think the value of taking Richardson at number 3 overall is all that great.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...snt-effective/

Miller cannot seem to get on the field right now, but after reading this article, I am still holding to my take that Miller will end up being better than Richardson.
    I would never select a RB in the 1st round.

I remember debating this with several Pro-Richardson and Pro-Ingram guys on the board the past couple of years, guys who wanted them in the 1st round. And who were foaming at the mouth for them. lol

just say NO to RB's in the 1st round. Good backs can be acquired in many other ways.

In 5 games this year Mark Ingram has 106 total yards rushing, and "under" 3 yards per carry. And just 1 catch for minus 1 yard. ROFL

Vindicated
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    I would never select a RB in the 1st round.

I remember debating this with several Pro-Richardson and Pro-Ingram guys on the board the past couple of years, guys who wanted them in the 1st round. And who were foaming at the mouth for them. lol

just say NO to RB's in the 1st round. Good backs can be acquired in many other ways.

In 5 games this year Mark Ingram has 106 total yards rushing, and "under" 3 yards per carry. And just 1 catch for minus 1 yard. ROFL

Vindicated
    Totally agree. Arian Foster wasn't even drafted and the guy is the best RB in football right now.

The Ronnie Brown pick was really what killed Nick Saban during his tenure here. You can get solid RB's anywhere in the draft really. To draft one in the top 5 and not have them become a top 2 or 3 RB in football really sets you back.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Richardson I think was worth a top 5 talent wise. The dumb thing was trading up one spot for him when nobody else was looking to move up for him. Ingram I thought would be better than he has so far due to his receiving ability but it hasn't happened.

RBs are kind of funny. There are quite a few RBs out there that you'd think were gonna be good pro RBs in the pros haven't done that yet.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    You wonder if the Browns should have took RT and drafted a Doug Martin?
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kistner10 View Post
    Totally agree. Arian Foster wasn't even drafted and the guy is the best RB in football right now.

The Ronnie Brown pick was really what killed Nick Saban during his tenure here. You can get solid RB's anywhere in the draft really. To draft one in the top 5 and not have them become a top 2 or 3 RB in football really sets you back.
    yeah. we could've had rogers AND Frank gore.

Quote Quote