Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 245

Thread: The Best Solution to our Quarterback Woes

  1. -31
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,819
    vCash:
    5849
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Fitzgerald put up some of his best numbers with Skelton, and trust me, Skelton's got some good qualities but he ain't a franchise QB. At least not yet. Not even close right now.
    That may be true but it was due to the confidence instilled by Kolb earlier in the season before he got hurt. Kolbs playing laid the groundwork for the success of Skelton and Fitzgerald. If Skelton played the whole season, Fitzgerald would of wound up with around 700 yards for the season.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    10,522
    vCash:
    5509
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    That may be true but it was due to the confidence instilled by Kolb earlier in the season before he got hurt. Kolbs playing laid the groundwork for the success of Skelton and Fitzgerald. If Skelton played the whole season, Fitzgerald would of wound up with around 700 yards for the season.
    Wow dude, just wow. I don't even know how you could reason that in your head...amazing.

    Well then, by that reasoning we should bring Henne back because Henne laid the ground work for Matt Moore to have the success he had. If Moore had played the whole season Marshall would have had only 700 yards receiving and 2 TDs and Bush would have had 600 yards rushing and he would have been injured sooner and missed the last 4 games.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    dolfan3431's Avatar
    Wanna hit?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    318
    vCash:
    1294
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    That may be true but it was due to the confidence instilled by Kolb earlier in the season before he got hurt. Kolbs playing laid the groundwork for the success of Skelton and Fitzgerald. If Skelton played the whole season, Fitzgerald would of wound up with around 700 yards for the season.
    You cant just assume fitz would only of had 700 yards with skelton playing all season when you consider his numbers stayed consistent despite his qb situation. Idk why you love kolb so much, but your reasonings make little to no sense
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    Canadianfishfan's Avatar
    FinHeavean VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    12,448
    vCash:
    7796
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    That may be true but it was due to the confidence instilled by Kolb earlier in the season before he got hurt. Kolbs playing laid the groundwork for the success of Skelton and Fitzgerald. If Skelton played the whole season, Fitzgerald would of wound up with around 700 yards for the season.
    HAHAHA, awesome... for a second, I thought you were serious.


    It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,819
    vCash:
    5849
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Wow dude, just wow. I don't even know how you could reason that in your head...amazing.

    Well then, by that reasoning we should bring Henne back because Henne laid the ground work for Matt Moore to have the success he had. If Moore had played the whole season Marshall would have had only 700 yards receiving and 2 TDs and Bush would have had 600 yards rushing and he would have been injured sooner and missed the last 4 games.
    Except Marshall is an elite WR as shown by his success with qbs such as Cutler, Orton, Moore and Henne. Fitzgerald has only prospered with franchise qbs like Warner and Kolb
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    dolfan3431's Avatar
    Wanna hit?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    318
    vCash:
    1294
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Except Marshall is an elite WR as shown by his success with qbs such as Cutler, Orton, Moore and Henne. Fitzgerald has only prospered with franchise qbs like Warner and Kolb
    Kolb is not a franchisr QB! Stop saying that. He may one day turn into one, but he sure as hell isnt one now, not even close. Fitz is great and if you think his qbs make him, you know absolutely nothing about the game
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    Why did it have to be snakes?

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    13,474
    vCash:
    37787
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Well played, Bagpipe.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,819
    vCash:
    5849
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan3431 View Post
    Kolb is not a franchisr QB! Stop saying that. He may one day turn into one, but he sure as hell isnt one now, not even close. Fitz is great and if you think his qbs make him, you know absolutely nothing about the game
    How can you say that. He had a well over 80 qb rating with no running game, no oline and bad receivers and one decent one. If he didnt get hurt he would of thrown for 4k yards 25 tds and would of been a borderline pro-bowler. When was the last time we had a probowl qb. All you mediocrity lovers are so satisfied with back up qbs. I want a real franchise one for a change. Who knows nothing about the game?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    931
    vCash:
    1112
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Comedy Gold
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,819
    vCash:
    5849
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    and also. Its not like we are giving up much. We would easily replace Long with Reilly Reiff with our first pick. Look at GB, NY and NO. Its not like they are winning with all pro left tackles.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Solution to our WR woes... Bush?
    By esafille in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 12:43 AM
  2. A solution to our secondary woes?
    By TheDon74 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 11:55 AM
  3. The Quarterback Solution
    By Southbeach 2 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 06:19 PM
  4. Replies: 548
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 07:46 AM
  5. The solution to our quarterback troubles
    By MallSanta in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •