Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Football Weekly Speculates Dolphins Could

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pro Football Weekly Speculates Dolphins Could

I read on PFW.com that Miami could be looking at CB's early in the draft, due to the uncertainty of resigning Will Allen and wanting to go younger in the Nickle and Dime Packages ... Speculation is; with the Patriots and Bills both running the spread offense, Miami will need to counter with more CB depth than they currently have behind Davis and Smith ... I think this article was spot on!!! I had mentioned in other post about the possibility of a CB like Dre Kirkpatrick, if he declares, as a logical choice at #8 or #9 ... he would match up well against the TE's in the division due to his size and tackling ability ...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You could have Deion Sanders and Revis on both sides, and none of that will matter if you don't have enough pass rush. All things being equal, you take the pass rusher first.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Claiborne fell to us, it would be hard to pass him up.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm not a fan of kirkpatrick in the top 10...i think his play took a step down this year

anyways mia should give jimmy wilson more run next year...i think he'll be ready and i like his upside
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'm not a fan of kirkpatrick in the top 10...i think his play took a step down this year

anyways mia should give jimmy wilson more run next year...i think he'll be ready and i like his upside
    True but we could stand to upgrade from Nolan Carroll.

Anyway we lost to the Pats by 3 points in the second game after we crapped ourselves in the second half. You look at teams like Green Bay, New Orleans and New England you are the three worst defenses in the league and they're winning with offense. How about we pick up an offensive playmaker for a change. Someone that can score some freakin points for us.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post

Anyway we lost to the Pats by 3 points in the second game after we crapped ourselves in the second half. You look at teams like Green Bay, New Orleans and New England you are the three worst defenses in the league and they're winning with offense. How about we pick up an offensive playmaker for a change. Someone that can score some freakin points for us.
    the o would be nice but if you ask me outside of qb a pass rush presence on the outside opposite wake is paramount...would help our secondary a lot and us get off the field on 3rd down...i need to look more at upshaw to see him beat tackles off the edge with strength etc cause last night i didn't see much evidence of it...but he does have the hips the ability to flow down the los and lateral agility plus the short area acceleration and instincts to play a very effective 3 down olb...i just want to see the pure pass rush talents which i'm sure slimm can point me in the direction of his game tape for

slimms told me before he think upshaw has a clay matthews von miller like impact his first year...if thats the case sign me the hell up
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To me, you can just sign Courtland Finnegan and move Sean Smith to safety and then you've got this taken care of. I doubt Finnegan would be cheap but that's OK, he wouldn't be bank-breaking either, and if you had Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams here then you've made yourself an attractive free agent destination for Finnegan, especially with no state taxes.

I don't see a corner available at #8 or #9 that would be compelling for me. I like Dre Kirkpatrick, I just don't know how compelling he is at that spot relative to other guys.

To me if you can get Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams here then you go ahead and do that, bring Channing Crowder back as a two-down linebacker for the Mike position (draft someone to groom if you like, doesn't matter), then bring in Finnegan as a corner and move Sean Smith to safety, and then you can use Sean Smith as a CB/S combo player in nickel/dime packages. Gives you flexibility, intelligence, and depth.

At #8 or #9 I would look to add Quinton Coples and then I would look to draft Brandon Weeden in the 2nd round, potentially trading up if need be in order to make sure you get him.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'd much rather have upshaw than coples if its 34 olb...personally...but i do like the add finnegan thing...i like that a lot...sean smith though as your every down free safety...i just don't think you can get away with that personally
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post

All three of those teams have defenses ranked middle of the road. Something like 14th, 15th, and 16th.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
    All three of those teams have defenses ranked middle of the road. Something like 14th, 15th, and 16th.
    all three of those teams also have top 4 qbs...
    Quote Quote