Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the Dolphins sign Matt Flynn in FA?

1. -1
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo

Player Will the Dolphins sign Matt Flynn in FA?

Analysis: Dolphins owner Stephen Ross was clear in saying the team needs a long-term franchise quarterback to make it to the next level. Matt Moore is a great backup and part-time starter. But he is not capable of leading Miami to a Super Bowl. Unfortunately for Miami, the team is in a tough spot trying to find a starting quarterback. The Dolphins will pick No. 8 or No. 9 in the NFL draft, depending on a coin flip with the Carolina Panthers. Miamiís pick will be too low to land Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck or Baylorís Robert Griffin III in Aprilís draft. Itís possible the Dolphins could look to move up into the top three picks. But there are no guarantees. Moving up would be costly and other quarterback-needy teams could be interested in doing the same. Something the Dolphins could control is pursuing pending Green Bay Packers free-agent quarterback Matt Flynn. He has been Aaron Rodgers' backup for four years and is looking to get his own opportunity next season. Flynn looked great in limited playing time. He threw for 480 yards and six touchdowns in Green Bayís Week 17 victory over the Detroit Lions. That performance will make Flynn a lot of money if he hits the open market. The Dolphins should be one of the first suitors in line.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...h-one-question

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we better, or we better be ready to defend against him on Sundays for a while.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Phin DieHard!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tough to argue against signing Flynn. If you can structure the contract right and let him come in and compete with Moore and the best man wins and you can have the contract in a way it's maybe expensive year 1 but you can get out of it year 2 then why not. If he wins the job then pay the man. If not don't get saddled with a big contract. This team needs to bring in legit competition at QB.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post
    Tough to argue against signing Flynn. If you can structure the contract right and let him come in and compete with Moore and the best man wins and you can have the contract in a way it's maybe expensive year 1 but you can get out of it year 2 then why not. If he wins the job then pay the man. If not don't get saddled with a big contract. This team needs to bring in legit competition at QB.
    Definitely don't mind this idea

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont see it happening..But what the hell do I know.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm torn because if we signed Flynn, it definitely would change what we draft. It will also possibly put Moore as a backup which I think at that point it would be better to trade him while his value is pretty good at the moment.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope we do. Sign him and draft DeCastro with our first pick.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I sure hope we do, I do not want the Jets getting him.
    He might be better than Moore, let them compete for the starting job.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I actually think it is more likely that either Cleveland or Washington will target him aggressively and then use their high picks to bring in weapons or shore up other areas of need.

Both of those teams run the West Coast Offense and Flynn seems like he would be a perfect fit for either of them.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have the feeling this will be another good quality QB let walk passes us, and we will be posting about it years later of "waht could have been" like with Drew Brees. We have to at least make this kid an offer and try to bring him in!! We cant go into the season with Moore, a rookie we picked in rds 2-7 and any washed up FA vet QB. This kid will also allow us to draft BPA rd1 (even if it is oline which is a major need). If we manage to get Flynn and some oline help in FA the possibilities are endless. I would hate to pass on him and he goes elsewhere to become a beast! TIRED OF THAT
    Quote Quote