I am still trying to wrap my head around what has transpired over the past few hours. Here are a few thoughts I have and want to get out there...
1. I am blown away that if Ross wanted a big time coach, he would not have given up the control necessary to appease Fisher. I am shocked that the likes of Jeff Ireland kept him from the coach he wanted.
2. I do not believe spins coming from Davie and Mr. Ross.
3. Reading past posts of people defending Ireland are funny today.
4. It is obvious that as a Fin Fan, Ireland IS the boss of this team...must learn to live with it.
Where do we go from here...
* I would have been pleased with Fisher...I wanted Billick...not happening.
** With that being said, I have been pleased with the interviews so far and I am interested in some other names. Chud, Mike McCoy, and Mike Pettine I would interview. Maybe Mike Sherman as vet coach should get a look.
*** I COULD be happy with Joe Philbin, Todd Bowles or one of the names from above. I would be just as excited for Mike Zimmer as I would for Fisher or Billick. So while I think the Fins have butchered two straight coaching searches, they still can end up with a good coach. MAYBE, we can like the Falcons from 2008 and get the "sloppy seconds" and end up with a great organization....
**** HOWEVER, I am TERRIFIED of who they might pick. I am hearing names that not only disappoint me, but make me disinterested...Dave Toub, Kevin Gilbride, Jim Haslett...holy cow.
I truly feel that their football compass is incapable of making smart football decisions.