Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to make sense of things hours after the Fisher ordeal

1. -1
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

Trying to make sense of things hours after the Fisher ordeal

I am still trying to wrap my head around what has transpired over the past few hours. Here are a few thoughts I have and want to get out there...

1. I am blown away that if Ross wanted a big time coach, he would not have given up the control necessary to appease Fisher. I am shocked that the likes of Jeff Ireland kept him from the coach he wanted.

2. I do not believe spins coming from Davie and Mr. Ross.

3. Reading past posts of people defending Ireland are funny today.

4. It is obvious that as a Fin Fan, Ireland IS the boss of this team...must learn to live with it.

Where do we go from here...
    * I would have been pleased with Fisher...I wanted Billick...not happening.

** With that being said, I have been pleased with the interviews so far and I am interested in some other names. Chud, Mike McCoy, and Mike Pettine I would interview. Maybe Mike Sherman as vet coach should get a look.

*** I COULD be happy with Joe Philbin, Todd Bowles or one of the names from above. I would be just as excited for Mike Zimmer as I would for Fisher or Billick. So while I think the Fins have butchered two straight coaching searches, they still can end up with a good coach. MAYBE, we can like the Falcons from 2008 and get the "sloppy seconds" and end up with a great organization....

**** HOWEVER, I am TERRIFIED of who they might pick. I am hearing names that not only disappoint me, but make me disinterested...Dave Toub, Kevin Gilbride, Jim Haslett...holy cow.

I truly feel that their football compass is incapable of making smart football decisions.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Of who they have interviewed so far, my list in order of favorite to least favorite is:

1. Toub
    2. Zimmer
    3. Philbin
    4. Bowles

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Of who they have interviewed so far, my list in order of favorite to least favorite is:

1. Toub
    2. Zimmer
    3. Philbin
    4. Bowles
    Nubs...I know I get **** for overreacting. However, I am seriously nervous who they will pick. I have such a bad feeling.

All I want is HOPE. Give me HOPE.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    patience is the key. fisher would have been a rash decision, hurried and sloppy. for once , we need to evaluate everybody and then make a decision. i mean cmon look who we are up against the bucs and raiders. this time next year when we look back at all the new coaches, i have confidence that we will have made the best choice.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post

1. Toub
    2. Zimmer
    3. Philbin
    4. Bowles
    Josh I would put Chud in there as well.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am still trying to wrap my head around what has transpired over the past few hours. Here are a few thoughts I have and want to get out there...

1. I am blown away that if Ross wanted a big time coach, he would not have given up the control necessary to appease Fisher. I am shocked that the likes of Jeff Ireland kept him from the coach he wanted.

4. It is obvious that as a Fin Fan, Ireland IS the boss of this team...must learn to live with it.

** With that being said, I have been pleased with the interviews so far and I am interested in some other names. Chud, Mike McCoy, and Mike Pettine I would interview. Maybe Mike Sherman as vet coach should get a look.

*** I COULD be happy with Joe Philbin, Todd Bowles or one of the names from above. I would be just as excited for Mike Zimmer as I would for Fisher or Billick. So while I think the Fins have butchered two straight coaching searches, they still can end up with a good coach. MAYBE, we can like the Falcons from 2008 and get the "sloppy seconds" and end up with a great organization....

**** HOWEVER, I am TERRIFIED of who they might pick. I am hearing names that not only disappoint me, but make me disinterested...Dave Toub, Kevin Gilbride, Jim Haslett...holy cow.

I truly feel that their football compass is incapable of making smart football decisions.
    Hayden first and foremost take a deep breath

2nd, the only new names that multiple sources have confirmed Miami has expressed interest in are Chud and McCoy. You can probably add a few of CK's people he's said.

3rd, and this goes to everybody, NOT EVERYTHING POSTED AS NEWS IS FACT. This got a few people in trouble last year with the Harbaugh situation posting that it was a sure thing that Sparano was fired. Most of the crap posted on this board in the last week was really a bunch of non news

4th, Kevin Gilbride and Jim Haslett are not getting interviews. So don't worry about it

5th, I'm still gonna slap some sense into you for even considering Billick a good option.

6.All we know is that Cowher and Gruden both turned down MULTIPLE teams this offseason to coach so they weren't options. Those are the ONLY 2 candidates I would consider giving power to.

And in all seriousness, AGAIN, BE OPEN MINDED. Some great coaches really came out of nowhere. Let's look at some of the top coaches in the NFL
    Andy Reid-NEVER a coordinator at any level
    Sean Payton- Was only an OC for Jim Fassell's Giants for 2 seasons but was stripped of playing calling duties after just over a season
    John Harbaugh- ST and secondary coach most of his career
    Mike Tomlin- ONE year as a DC with mediocre success. LONG time DB coach
    Mike McCarthey- Worst ranked offense in the league as OC when Packers hired him

you think any of these fanbases were excited by these hirings? In contrast Viking fans were ecstatic to get Brad Childress, Ram fans loved getting Spags, before getting Jimmy Harbaugh 9er fans thought Singletary would clean up Mike Nolan's mess (and they loved getting Nolan when it happened), Redskin fans were happy both with Joe Gibbs coming out of retirement and getting Mike Shannahan. Cowboy fans were excited to get Parcells.

Be open minded, and look at not only who we get as a HC but what type of staff they put together.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you should be worried...be very worried...no wonder fish is the only big name that we brought in for an interview...the rest of them probably heard if you come here you're getting jammed jeff ireland and hung up...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post

Yes because the last TWO times we did that it worked out so well.

I'm all for having the coach, coach and the GM, GM. Today's NFL is too complicated for one man to do it all IMO.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    durka durka

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not bothered by losing Fisher. But he would have been more competent than we've had in a long time, so there was hope in that. Looking forward to seeing some new names added to the list this week.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will not get off the Brian Billick Train. I can support other candidates and be fired up for them, but Billick is what this team needs now...and he will not get a chance because of the owner. Unreal.
    Quote Quote