Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Wilson>Tannehill and Weeden

  1. -21
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,136
    vCash:
    2773
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Russell Wilson is very, very underrated. Not better than Weeden, but maybe better than Tannehill.

    But I have to give credit to TedSlimmJr, he's talked about Chandler Harnish before and so I took a look at him a long time ago and kind of liked what I saw. I dove into him more heavily recently and came away convinced he might be the most underrated quarterback in the Draft.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,550
    vCash:
    11788
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    I knew you'd be in here eventually. You see something in Tannehill that I don't, I don't see anything special in him but that's just me, I completely respect your opinion. Just wondering, are you an A&M fan?
    There's obviously the physical measurables. He also is intelligent, comes from a pro style offense, and, although he is still pretty raw, he seems to have improved a lot over a really short amount of time. Obviously, I'm no QB expert, but if we were wanting to see what Moore could do as a full time starter but also hedge our bets, Tannehill would be the ideal QB to draft.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    CallMeDaddy's Avatar
    CMD

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,435
    vCash:
    14649
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Batman logoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    There's obviously the physical measurables. He also is intelligent, comes from a pro style offense, and, although he is still pretty raw, he seems to have improved a lot over a really short amount of time. Obviously, I'm no QB expert, but if we were wanting to see what Moore could do as a full time starter but also hedge our bets, Tannehill would be the ideal QB to draft.
    Aren't you a little afraid that he broke his foot recently?
    Credit: DisturbedShifty
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,550
    vCash:
    11788
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    Aren't you a little afraid that he broke his foot recently?
    Not if we're starting Moore until he's ready.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    CallMeDaddy's Avatar
    CMD

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,435
    vCash:
    14649
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Batman logoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    I know this isn't the most popular opinion on this board but I feel Wilson is the best QB to sit behind Moore for a year or two until he's ready. I feel Tannehill is overrated for the positions I've seen mock drafts pick him in and he just broke his foot. I wouldn't mind Weeden but I don't feel excited have a 28 year old sit behind Moore for a year or two and having a 30 or 31 year old QB coming in for his first starts. I feel Wilson has everything you could as for in a QB besides his height, they guy has mobility and arm strength and would be a great pick in the 3rd round or so.
    I'm just gonna go ahead and dust my shoulders off right quick.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,648
    vCash:
    1248
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

    Re: Wilson>Tannehill and Weeden

    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    I'm just gonna go ahead and dust my shoulders off right quick.
    I'm confused. Did you bump your own thread to say you were "right" or to say that you were wrong?

    Sure Wilson had a good first year. But that is one year. Let's judge this after year three. For all you know Wilson will suffer from a sophomore slump this year.

    Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,009
    vCash:
    15613
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    I'm just gonna go ahead and dust my shoulders off right quick.
    Put Weeden or Tannehill into that Seattle team and this post may sound very different. Must be tough being a rookie QB in a team that is elite on both offense and defense.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,396
    vCash:
    17339
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    I'm just gonna go ahead and dust my shoulders off right quick.
    After one season on a team with far more weapons? I like Wilson, but doing this reminds me of when all the Vince Young fans came out during year one, only to completely disappear afterwards. Please note that I'm clearly comparing the situation of bumping your own thread to gloat, not comparing Wilson to Young (sad that I need to explain that, but there will still be somebody that will completely misread it and think I'm comparing the two).

    Also, you were dead wrong about Tannehill. If you still see a 2nd or 3rd rounder, you clearly don't have a clue what you're looking at.





    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,136
    vCash:
    2773
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    I'm confused. Did you bump your own thread to say you were "right" or to say that you were wrong?

    Sure Wilson had a good first year. But that is one year. Let's judge this after year three. For all you know Wilson will suffer from a sophomore slump this year.

    Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    That's the thing about this "I was right" game.

    It's relative. Right now I think Russell Wilson not only performed better than Weeden and Tannehill just like the original poster said, but he performed better than Griffin and Luck, in my opinion. The original poster implied that Luck and Griffin were still better than Wilson. So was the original poster right? Or was he wrong?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    phintim's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,783
    vCash:
    3655
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    That's the thing about this "I was right" game.

    It's relative. Right now I think Russell Wilson not only performed better than Weeden and Tannehill just like the original poster said, but he performed better than Griffin and Luck, in my opinion. The original poster implied that Luck and Griffin were still better than Wilson. So was the original poster right? Or was he wrong?
    Have you made any predictions on what you expect Weeden to do in year two now that he has had a time to acclimate as well as with the new coaching changes etc.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 12:38 PM
  2. Why Tannehill over Weeden or Cousins?!
    By MissMeth in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
  3. Phinphanatic: Is Weeden better than Tannehill?
    By jim1 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 09:54 AM
  4. Blackmon, Weeden and Tannehill
    By FINFAN15 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 10:17 PM
  5. Is it Weeden or Tannehill?
    By SF Dolphin Fan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 10:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •