Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Head Coaching search of 2012

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Morgantown, WV
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Dolphins Head Coaching search of 2012

I very much wanted Jeff Fisher. I feel he is a players coach and players seem to work very hard for him.

After him I have a very easy pick for who I would like to see us land as 2012 Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins:

Option Number 1 - Pete Carmichael jr. of the Saints (I would possibly be even happier to have him over Jeff Fisher)

Option Number 2 - Joe Philbin of the Packers....

Can you guys let me know what you feel the possibility of us landing one of these two guys and which one you would rather have?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Option 1 should be Carmichael and Option 2 should be Zimmer

Philbin should be option 3-4...behind Billick even
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm skeptical of guys who are offensive coordinators under coaches with offensive backgrounds who have designed and pretty much run the offenses. So yeah, I am real scared of a guy like Philbin or Carmichael.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'm skeptical of guys who are offensive coordinators under coaches with offensive backgrounds who have designed and pretty much run the offenses. So yeah, I am real scared of a guy like Philbin or Carmichael.
    I agree, I fear that those guys bring in the system but lack the creativity to adjust it to our players...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No thanks to philbin or carmichael jr, both are soft spoken and remind me of another cam cameron, give me zimmer and the team will respond to him take on his personality
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
    I agree, I fear that those guys bring in the system but lack the creativity to adjust it to our players...
    I'm calling bull****. No one knows how these guys would run this team. Only Ross/Petersom/Ireland do from their interviews.

I just find it funny everyone bitched about Philbin not calling the plays and now that Carmichael is being interviewed and he HAS called the plays the new excuse is " they wouldn't adjust the offense to fit our personal." really? A guy begging to be a HC wouldn't make adjustments to the offense?

Zimmer or Carmichael please.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm pulling for either Mike McCoy or Mike Zimmer. I want a guy who is a leader of men. Can command respect & motive his staff and roster. I want a guy who can manage the staff, roster & game.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WvFinFan View Post
    Option Number 1 - Pete Carmichael jr. of the Saints (I would possibly be even happier to have him over Jeff Fisher)

Option Number 2 - Joe Philbin of the Packers....
    Carmichael should be off people's lists. He hasnt interviewed and isnt scheduled to interview.

Philbin is interesting, but nobody knows exactly what his role has been in the Packers' offense. He runs practice and coaches the line, but thats all we really know. He could be good but we cant necessarily give him credit for the Packers success because we dont know how involved he was. Its a risky pick imo.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by houtz View Post
    I'm calling bull****. No one knows how these guys would run this team. Only Ross/Petersom/Ireland do from their interviews.

I just find it funny everyone bitched about Philbin not calling the plays and now that Carmichael is being interviewed and he HAS called the plays the new excuse is " they wouldn't adjust the offense to fit our personal." really? A guy begging to be a HC wouldn't make adjustments to the offense?

Zimmer or Carmichael please.
    You can call bull**** all you want... But nobody really knows... The only one I'm really skeptical of is Philbin, because, yes he doesnt call the plays, but he was a OL coach before that... I could live with Carmicheal because before being OC, He worked with QBs. And Zimmer I dont mind at all because he runs his own system, and has shown he can adjust it as he ran both the 4-3 and the 3-4.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Has anyone on this forum mentioned David Shaw from Stanford? Nice resume. Since everyone else going forward is going to be inexperienced, at least he has 1 year of HC experience....

Worked under Andy Reid, John Gruden, Jim Harbaugh, and Brian Billick. Played for Bill Walsh. Maybe he can convince luck to sit out a year if Indy doesn't trade him to us
    Quote Quote