Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Miami Isnt Doomed- A Saints Story

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why Miami Isnt Doomed- A Saints Story

Dolfans

I like you want to win very much however all this negative chatter has me annoyed from Ireland is a bum, Ross is an idiot, no great coach will come here, we need leaders blah,blah,blah.

A Saints Story, why did I use that in the title because if your like me you can remember when the Saints where the Aints and considered the worst team in football.
    Owner Tom Benson was widely considered a bad owner, viewed by many as a laughing stock by insiders(sound familiar) in his desperation to be a winner he hired a "name" head coach (Ditka),that failed- not a surprise.

Mickey Loomis, who is he, well thats what most Saints fans wondered when he was hired to be GM for Tom Bensons Saints, he brought no pedigree with him he wasnt a boy wonder GM like Scott Pioli had no proven track record like Bill Polian.
    Loomis inherited Jim Hasslett when Loomis was prometed to GM in 2002, after 4 years Loomis replaced Hasslet with Sean Payton.
    Yes Sean Payton one of the best current Head Coaches in the game today, but again was anyone dancing in the streets in early 2006? most likely not, once they learned that Payton while working for the NY Giants as OC in 2002 had his play calling duties taken away by then Giants head coach Jim Fassel.

The Saints became contenders when the Owner allowed a football guy, his GM to run the team.
    Loomis hired Payton and the team signed Brees, all moves made by an organization not some super star head coach.

Im in no way suggestion Miami will become successful like New Orleans my point is that perceptions change with winning, I like Jeff Ireland, I believe in Ireland.
    I believe Ross has the correct idea regarding the way the team should be structured( GM seperate from HC ) a simple view of the history of the league shows that with few exceptions( JJ in Dallas, Belicheck in NE) winning teams are set up with seperation of power.

This hire will be Stephen Ross & Jeff Irelands first hire, I unlike many have no concern over the lack of "star" candidates, this obssession with a coach being a "play caller", seriously?
    Bill Walsh was considered one of the greatest coaches of all time, he was a play caller therefor Mike Holgren didnt get to call plays however he turned out to be a pretty good HC.

I will reserve critisim or doom and gloom predicitions, I feel the job Ireland has done turning the roster from when he took over as GM in '08( I know about Parcells keeping it simple giving Ireland credit good and bad for all things GM since '08) is a very respectful one.
    All GM's hit and miss with talent, clearly the Miami Dolphins have work to be done by no means are they on the door step of a super bowl, however Im confidant in Ross and his vision of this team to allow time to prove him right or wrong, beacuse I know the Saints story.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tennessee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anything is possible. None of us know the future. Miami could well become a respectable force in the NFL again, or we could linger in mediocrity. The chance for both is there. I think Ireland, overall, has done a decent job. Few misceus, but a number of good moves, and some that are still to be determined. And as far as the new coach, let's reserve judgement till he actually starts camp and gets some games under his belt. I know that will be impossible around here though.
    http://www.finheaven.com/signaturepics/sigpic30273_1.gif
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great post! I completely agree with all of this! Everyone needs to remember what we had when Cameron went 1-7 there wasn't an ounce of talent here. But yet Ireland is a bum.
    "I'm bringing it to technology"
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Drew Brees.

We have crap at the QB position. And no Matt Moore is not a franchise or good QB.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Underpaying All Free Agents

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that winning changes perception rather quickly...heck, it had all of us wanting to make sweet love to fatty Bill Parcells after one season...but I think the more important variable in the equation is the hope and change of culture that a new QB brings. The Saints turned into a conversation-starter for other quality free agents and teams within their division the moment Brees was brought in, before he even played a game.

The Miami Dolphins: Your home for QBs weeping in the fetal position since 1999.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua and Orange View Post
    I agree that winning changes perception rather quickly...heck, it had all of us wanting to make sweet love to fatty Bill Parcells after one season...but I think the more important variable in the equation is the hope and change of culture that a new QB brings. The Saints turned into a conversation-starter for other quality free agents and teams within their division the moment Brees was brought in, before he even played a game.
    actually quite the opposite. A lot of people felt they still had a LONG way to go before they could be competitive. And Brees himself was criticized for going to a bad team just because they offered a lot of money.

As great as Brees has been for NOLA, and as much credit as he deserves, it really was a perfect storm to turning that franchise around.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Drew Brees.

We have crap at the QB position. And no Matt Moore is not a franchise or good QB.
    I agree with this minus Moore is not good. When we solve the franchise QB thang, all else falls into position. I do like that Matt Moore is the caretaker of this transition because I think he could be top ten next year with this offense having full offseason together and some new stud OL.

QB and OL. You get those two set this year and you have yourself an offense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    is the next drew brees coming through that door??? if not this is not close to the same situation...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    ***** in the House!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no offense what-so-ever... but you could of wrote the story like this and it would have had the same ending...

Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. DREW BREES

Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. WIN SUPER BOWL.

It's all about the QB. We never address the position so we stay in the middle or near the bottom of the league. They addressed it and now their enjoying successful seasons year in and year out.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sean Payton: a former Cowboy coach that is known for being sometimes brutally straight forward and honest. Yeah, sounds just like the kind of guy Ross wants to hire! What a apt comparison.

Also, Sean Payton was coveted as a head coach by a few teams. Al Davis offered him a head coaching job multiple times apparently.

By the way, i believe in Ireland to. I believe Ireland will do WHATEVER it takes to keep his job. I believe Ireland will sell out anyone, kiss the *** of anyone, and knowingly draft bad players so long as he can pin the blame elsewhere. Id tell all of this to Irelands face, because if i were to enrage him enough for him to take a swing, id merely say my name was "second round pick" and hed be sure to miss.

Finally, many on here dont care about "star" head coach. The guys in charge of hiring a head coach on the other hand.....
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote