Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Miami Isnt Doomed- A Saints Story

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very nicely said. I will be bringing this up tonight on my Finsradio.net show. May even put it up on my site as well, Phinphanatic.com. Too bad more fans haven't pulled themselves off the ledge to look at this in a more realistic way.

B
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Sean Payton: a former Cowboy coach that is known for being sometimes brutally straight forward and honest. Yeah, sounds just like the kind of guy Ross wants to hire! What a apt comparison.

Also, Sean Payton was coveted as a head coach by a few teams. Al Davis offered him a head coaching job multiple times apparently.

By the way, i believe in Ireland to. I believe Ireland will do WHATEVER it takes to keep his job. I believe Ireland will sell out anyone, kiss the *** of anyone, and knowingly draft bad players so long as he can pin the blame elsewhere. Id tell all of this to Irelands face, because if i were to enrage him enough for him to take a swing, id merely say my name was "second round pick" and hed be sure to miss.

Finally, many on here dont care about "star" head coach. The guys in charge of hiring a head coach on the other hand.....
    well played...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Uh yea, Miami is doomed for the foreseeable future. This isn't at all comparable to the Saints whatsoever. While they signed Drew Brees, we traded a 2nd round pick for a QB who tore 3 ligaments in his knee. We're a joke franchise. Have been for over a decade. Will remain one as long as we're trotting out mediocre bum Qb's like Matt Moore, clueless GM's like Jeff Ireland, and rummaging through garbage heaps looking for head coaches like Mike McCoy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Id post about Drew Brees but it seems everyone else has. Yea its one man, but that man pulls the strings on and off the field.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    is the next drew brees coming through that door??? if not this is not close to the same situation...
    So what you got from this post was its about Drew Brees??? wow

Some people dont get it!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiak View Post
    Dolfans
    Mickey Loomis, who is he, well thats what most Saints fans wondered when he was hired to be GM for Tom Bensons Saints, he brought no pedigree with him he wasnt a boy wonder GM like Scott Pioli had no proven track record like Bill Polian.
    Loomis inherited Jim Hasslett when Loomis was prometed to GM in 2002, after 4 years Loomis replaced Hasslet with Sean Payton.
    But you fail to mention one thing, we already know who Jeff Ireland is and he is an idiot. I have no faith that he is capable of making sound decisions for this team. It may happen, but I will not hold my breath.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    But you fail to mention one thing, we already know who Jeff Ireland is and he is an idiot. I have no faith that he is capable of making sound decisions for this team. It may happen, but I will not hold my breath.
    Why is this excepted among dolfans? did he trade away an entire draft for one player? did he trust his medical staff before his scouting staff?

Its because he didnt draft Dez Bryant? who cant stay out of trouble? or because he did what 90% of the people that post here would have done when your boss tells you come with me we are going to interview Harbaugh, this one really gets me the fake loyalty people display here half the fans here turn on a player game to game yet act like Ireland should have stood up to Ross.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Drew Brees.

We have crap at the QB position. And no Matt Moore is not a franchise or good QB.
    The Saints did not have a QB like Brees until they took a shot on a Qb who's injury was so severe, he already had one leg out the door.

----Things can change very quickly----

Miami could end up getting Flynn or draft a QB that shows success from the get go.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Uh yea, Miami is doomed for the foreseeable future. This isn't at all comparable to the Saints whatsoever. While they signed Drew Brees, we traded a 2nd round pick for a QB who tore 3 ligaments in his knee. We're a joke franchise. Have been for over a decade. Will remain one as long as we're trotting out mediocre bum Qb's like Matt Moore, clueless GM's like Jeff Ireland, and rummaging through garbage heaps looking for head coaches like Mike McCoy.
    On the contrary, it is very comparable. Loomis and Payton did not have Brees on the roster when they took over the Saints and neither had a track record. You are playing a shell game with your arguments. You mention the last 10yrs, then cast aspersions at Moore and Ireland, when they had absolutely nothing to do with this organization 10yrs ago. This is Irelands 1st yr where he has really been in charge and we don't know what direction the franchise will take.
    Your entire post is disjointed.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Amen to that!!! So when are we bringing in the great football guy as our GM and get rid of Ireland ? Really, I dont see all this blind faith in a guy who's done next to nothing for us and just figures out how to survive. He has very little talent evaluation skills, asks inappropriate questions of guys coming out of school, completely rolls on his H/C in order to save his job last year, now he's moving to the next level this season between the Fisher deal and now narrowing down any coach search to Coord's that will be very reliant and compliant to him as GM. He's been and continues to be as damaging as any coach we've ever had. Defend him all you want, but until he's gone, we'll never sniff being a serious contender.
    Quote Quote