Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: College Football Legend Joe Paterno dies at 85

1. -21
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    damn that was fast.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    RIP joe pa. the university screwed him
    Did they? He should have done more.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's truly sad that some folk just can not keep there goddamn mouths shut if they don't like someone, I mean have a bit of respect. I hate Nick Saban but I don't want to see the man die. This scandal and exit truly killed the man, he gave up his will to live and passed on.

I have personally met the man and he was every bit as gracious to a young backwoods kid with almost nothing growing up as he was to one of his family. The man was a great man, I could careless about Sandusky in my opinion he deserved the death, not Joe.

Rest in piece Joe, you were a great man and will be missed.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    The world lost one of the classiest men ever to walk this planet. He did so much for Penn State, the state of Pennsylvania and college football and he will be remembered as a legend. The best coach in college football history is now off to a better place. He will be greatly missed by everyone.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by archer101 View Post
    Many of the comments here are completely out of order. As has become clearer in recent weeks, Paterno did not get a graphic description of what happened and correctly reported what he did know to his superiors. His recent comment that he did not follow up because he was worried that he would be seen to be interfering on behalf of Sandusky rings true. Can you imagine the fuss if it became clear that Paterno DID follow up with his superiors and nothing was done - he would have been accused of using undue influence to hush the whole thing up. In fact, I think that reporting the matter to very senior personnel and then refusing to get involved in judging a situation where he had an obvious conflict of interest (e.g. his longterm relationship with Sandusky) was a perfectly reasonable approach.

Paterno and his family will be in my thoughts. And I can assure you that he will be remembered just as much for his great achievements than a difficult situation which is very easy to second guess with the benefit of hindsight.
    You're saying it was better he didn't follow-up b/c of a scenario that didn't happen? I don't see how that's any better

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    It's truly sad that some folk just can not keep there goddamn mouths shut if they don't like someone, I mean have a bit of respect. I hate Nick Saban but I don't want to see the man die. This scandal and exit truly killed the man, he gave up his will to live and passed on.

I have personally met the man and he was every bit as gracious to a young backwoods kid with almost nothing growing up as he was to one of his family. The man was a great man, I could careless about Sandusky in my opinion he deserved the death, not Joe.

Rest in piece Joe, you were a great man and will be missed.
    I agree
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will not pile on the man..and will try to respect the good JoePa did..I'm sure it was enormous...but after saying that .I think it's best that
    JoePa has passed on..because now after the trials about the scandel go on,and even more crap comes out ..Joe will not be around to be further harassed
    about the events that he didn't know about or should have known about.
    The scandel WILL define his legacy to alot people...I'm one of those...I used to put JoePA just a tad under Bear Bryant....the scandel has changed that opinon.
    So..."greatist college coach" ...no...I'll try not to disrespect JoePa... so don't disrespect Bear Bryant by putting them in the same class.
    History will separate their legacies.
    That's all I'll say on Joe Pa's passing...It has been a sad ending to a career that should have gone down as one of the finest.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    F the Jets

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyahs View Post
    Did they? He should have done more.
    Yup. And he knew it as well.
    Jets fans
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Namor just put it best. I won't disrespect Coach Paterno at this time, but don't disrespect Paul W. Bryant by putting them in the same class. They're not.

Paterno took entirely too much heat for all this because a face and a name in a position of authority that the public knew had to be held accountable. But the reality is, there's nothing more Paterno could've done to save any of those kids from Sandusky. Everybody up there already knew Sandusky was a child rapist, including the Attorney General's office and law enforcement. They are the one's that never did anything about it.

What the hell was a football coach supposed to do? Paterno knew much less about Sandusky and his disgusting taste for children than law enforcement did. Furthermore, it was brought to his attention much, much later. It's the politicians that allowed Sandusky to continue molesting kids, not Coach Paterno.

Paterno should've made it more of a priority once it was brought to his attention, but locking up child molesters isn't his job.

Regardless of how anyone feels about Joe Paterno's lack of action, the Paterno family doesn't deserve to have their names drug through this. Honor the family at the very least and show some respect.

Rest in peace coach.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    R.I.P, Coach
    Quote Quote