Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: College Football Legend Joe Paterno dies at 85

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Joe Paterno is NO Don Shula !! Sry he knew what was going on and was just worried about himself. Bury him all ready !! All it takes for evil to endure is for good men to do nothing and thats what he did. I feel sry for all those boys that were abused more then his death.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Belair
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey89 View Post
    The media took his passion and that took his life! RIP JoePa!
    The whole staff new about it and sat back and let a man rape and ruin the lives of a dozen boys. They are lucky its not my 11 and 14 year old boys because he would have been in a pine box months ago along with all the Penn State personal that turned their backs on these innocent children so they wouldn't ruin their careers and Penn States ego. Really sick, the media didn't kill him, IT WAS THE SHAME AND GUILT.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    He was murdered by the media and PSU. Simple as that.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Joe from WY
    RIP Joee...notvrryfnny
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know, I was as hard on JoePa as anyone when the scandal came out, and I still hold him accountable for what he didnt do. That being said, it seems really unfair that an entire lifetimes worth of good can be erased by one poor choice. It was a poor choice and IMO he deserved to be fired, but there were lots of people more responsible for the mess than Paterno. I dont think that his entire legacy should be forgotten because of this one scandal that he wasnt even the biggest player in.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    R.i.p.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Fins4Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Namor just put it best. I won't disrespect Coach Paterno at this time, but don't disrespect Paul W. Bryant by putting them in the same class. They're not.Paterno took entirely too much heat for all this because a face and a name in a position of authority that the public knew had to be held accountable. But the reality is, there's nothing more Paterno could've done to save any of those kids from Sandusky. Everybody up there already knew Sandusky was a child rapist, including the Attorney General's office and law enforcement. They are the one's that never did anything about it.What the hell was a football coach supposed to do? Paterno knew much less about Sandusky and his disgusting taste for children than law enforcement did. Furthermore, it was brought to his attention much, much later. It's the politicians that allowed Sandusky to continue molesting kids, not Coach Paterno.Paterno should've made it more of a priority once it was brought to his attention, but locking up child molesters isn't his job. Regardless of how anyone feels about Joe Paterno's lack of action, the Paterno family doesn't deserve to have their names drug through this. Honor the family at the very least and show some respect.Rest in peace coach.
    Shocking you dont think anyone belongs in the same class as Bear Bryant. You're opinion is so slanted its not funny. Do you ever think anything is better, or even on the same level as anything from Alabama?
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbaucom View Post
    Shocking you dont think anyone belongs in the same class as Bear Bryant. You're opinion is so slanted its not funny. Do you ever think anything is better, or even on the same level as anything from Alabama?
    For what it's worth, Nick Saban is the greatest of all-time.

Joe should have retired years ago. I understand why he didn't, but he should have. He's no different than a guy like Bobby Knight. The game changed on these guys and they couldn't adjust fast enough or just didn't want to. I know Bobby Knight didn't want to. He publicly stated that he wouldn't recruit any kid who was one and done. Hurt his career late IMO.

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbaucom View Post
    Ok...this post did it..Ted was pretty easy going and more complimentry toward that spineless,senile figurehead of a coach that passed today.
    Please tell me how that former coach of NAMBLA U...is even on the same plane as a human being as Bear Bryant,muchless as a coach.
    That post is just idiotic....oh yea..Good job Nubs..thanking him for it..glad our mods here don't show personal bias.
    Joe Paterno HAS left a mark on college football....to bad it's part of the most shameful,disgusting scandal in football HISTORY.
    No matter how you sugar coat things with all these so called political correct accolades people are giving Joe...You know what people are really feeling about him......just sad disgust..plain and simple.....
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    You know, I was as hard on JoePa as anyone when the scandal came out, and I still hold him accountable for what he didnt do. That being said, it seems really unfair that an entire lifetimes worth of good can be erased by one poor choice. It was a poor choice and IMO he deserved to be fired, but there were lots of people more responsible for the mess than Paterno. I dont think that his entire legacy should be forgotten because of this one scandal that he wasnt even the biggest player in.
    Now this is absolutely 100% true...but it will not be the case. Any time the name Joe Paterno is brought up, not far behind will be the name Sandusky or the phrase scandal. It's just what people remember. People love negative things. It's why your local news almost always leads off with something negative.

"Murder here..." "Car Jacking over by..." "Shooting at..." "Car accident on..." "White people are scared...find out why at 11:00."

People thrive on it.
    Quote Quote