Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Are you sold on Flynn?

Voters
374. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

126 33.69%
  • No

98 26.20%
  • Prefer to trade up for RG3

51 13.64%
  • Undecided

99 26.47%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 121314151617

Thread: Are you sold on Flynn?

1. -161
    Dolfan from São Paulo - Brazil

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    LIke Vaark and CK is saying, and like I have said, I'm content in the direction we go. Philbin knows Flynn and Sherman knows Tannehill. For them to go after an RGIII or a Weeden or even stick with a Matt Moore (which would make fans irate I know) would say alot about every party involved. I have more faith in those 2 in regards to our QB position than I ever did in Sparano/Henning.

Obviously Peyton Manning is a wildcard factor and that goes beyond on the field and future promise, thats about selling tickets and potentially getting the all time record holder in several categories when it is all said and done. We can cross that bridge later.

For me, I probably like Flynn the least out of everybody but I like the fact that he wouldn't cost us anything in draft compensation. However with that being my reasoning . . . I rather draft our guy with that first round pick, find a way to get Weeden or trade up for RGIII/Luck (obviously depends on cost) over Flynn. Atleast if Flynn is a Dolphin I'm comfortable with Philbin being the one he is tied to. I would hate him coming here if Sparano was here.
    Agree with everything you said. I know this is a message board and we are supposed and expected to say what we would do, but like you said, "Philbin knows Flynn and Sherman knows Tannehill" and their future as HC and OC are tied with their decision. If they are sold on them, so should we.

The only thing Flynn would cost us if he doesn't pan out is a cap hit in the future, the same if we sigh Manning, so it doesn't really matter.

IMO we should sigh Manning, keep Moore and draft a 1st round QB either trading up to RGIII or sticking with Tannehill, that way we have an great QB to groom the rookie and a serviceable backup if nothing works.
    Hoping for the best but expecting the worst...

"We are going to out-tough you. Here comes a bunch of Guards. We are going to push our way to the Super Bowl, 3 yards at a time." Le Batard

"The Dolphins are bringing Guards to a Wide Receivers party" Stugotz

"I know one thing about these guys, they're not going to stop quitting." Chad Henne

twitter @marcio_oli
    Quote Quote  

2. -162
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the articles you pasted imply that the west coast offense will influence our offense, no need to paste more. We don't seem to agree, nothing wrong with that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -163
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

Another POV

Quote Originally Posted by EireTiger View Post
    I think the articles you pasted imply that the west coast offense will influence our offense, no need to paste more. We don't seem to agree, nothing wrong with that.
    The reporters are making the conclusion but when Philbin responds he clearly says it will have no influence.

Philbin then states his vision of the offense will be more spread offense in which again I believe is a complete different style compared to a west coast offense.

In other words a west coast offense is more of a traditional prostyle offense that just utilizes more 3 WR sets, double TE formations and RB pass routes as checkdowns IMO. Thats why GB was so pass happy because they were loaded at WR and TE, they abused the RB screen due to not being able to run the ball effective.

The WCO utilizes your skill player talent compared to spread offense that utilizes formation match ups.
    Quote Quote  

4. -164
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index....bfff8c846faff3
    The 49ers won five Super Bowls, three under Walsh and two with George Siefert. With the success piling, other took notice. The system found its way to Denver, where the Broncos had failed in three previous Super Bowl appearances.
    That changed when coach Mike Shanahan installed the West Coast offense, leading the Broncos to titles in 1997 and 1998.
    "I have no idea what the West Coast offense means anymore," Shanahan said recently with a light chuckle. "I use to know 20 years ago when Bill Walsh used the term. Back then it was one formation, three and five step drops. That was pretty standard on what they did. Everyone that's taken off from that organization has went in a different direction. That's why I'm not sure what the definition is anymore."
    The offense uses short, horizontal passing routes and running plays to stretch out defenses, creating the opportunity for big plays. When Philbin was hired by the Packers in 2003, the West Coast offense was already in Green Bay.

P.S. If you read the entire article Philbin shuts this WCO in miami myth down several times.
    Quote Quote  

5. -165
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're essentially saying that there isn't an offense in the entire league that runs the West Coast Offense. If that's the case then no the Dolphins will not run the West Coast Offense. They'll run an offense similar to the offenses of teams that are generally said to run the West Coast Offense.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -166
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Its laughable the majority of voters are sold on Flynn. I know Green Bay fans, that arent.. Im more than confident that they know more about Flynn than anyone one Finfan.

IMO Moore and Flynn are the same exact QB and Ill actually give a slight edge to Moore for obvious reasons.
    And I'm quite sure Philbin knows Flynn better than any Packer fan, and in that I will rely. I don't know Flynn well enough to be sold on him, but I will trust Philbin on this.

Tannehill intrigues me, and certainly seems like a serious option as well......Weeden is another option. I expect one of these three guys to be a Miami Dolphin.

Its amazing to me, last preseason I was arguing with many Dolphin fans that Moore was better than Henne, now many Dolphin fans actually think Moore is a viable option to start for this team.

That being said......I want an upgrade over Moore, I see him as a great backup.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

7. -167
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sold on any QB that we may have access to ...

But we need to try several QB Candidates every year until we get a Franchise QB.

That said ... bring on Flynn ... then we can maybe get another QB Candidate in the Draft, & fill some other glaring needs/holes.

Any combo that gets QB Candidates & fills needs/holes is fine by me!! ... and Flynn doesn't cost a Draft pick, but important Salary Cap.

Not a glowing endorsement, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Quote Quote  

8. -168
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    You're essentially saying that there isn't an offense in the entire league that runs the West Coast Offense. If that's the case then no the Dolphins will not run the West Coast Offense. They'll run an offense similar to the offenses of teams that are generally said to run the West Coast Offense.
    Would that be a weast coast offense?
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote